What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Klayton Adams, Charles Clark, Andy LaRussa

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
The youngest coaches on the staff and our "grinders" on the recruiting trail. Adams is making an impact in No Cal, a previously under-recruited region by CU coaches. Clark was able to land to Fields and is also the lead recruiter for Ballage, and LaRussa has been going regularly to Hawaii/elsewhere (Inland Empire, Vegas, Utah).

Hopefully we hear more positive feedback about these coaches going forward.

That's a lot of building relationships in pipeline areas that CU hasn't nurtured.

Hoping that it starts paying off in a big way with the 2015 class. I think it will.

It is nice to have coaches within a generation of the players. These guys were the lightweights to start, and they are growing into their job. Let's see some fruits of that labor!

Adams is the best. It looks like LaRussa is our default poly recruiter as well

Adams is the best. It looks like LaRussa is our default poly recruiter as well

That's Sefo's title. Jokes aside, there's been few Poly QBs in the PAC12. One of which is Sefo's Uncle Jack Thompson:
Jack Thompson (also known as the “Throwin’ Samoan,” a quarterback at Washington State and in the NFL with Cincinnati (which selected him third overall in the 1979 draft) and Tampa Bay.

I hope Sefo becomes the face of the program and can help interest more kids of Polynesian heritage.

Also worth noting LaRussa and Clark are two of the four coaches assigned to Colorado (along with Walters and Neinas).

So, any word on how the staff is being received/viewed by recruits and HS coaches? I'm sick of all the "this staff is a failure" crap. Most understand the nature of the beast. But there are complainers and Chicken Littles out there. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

So, any word on how the staff is being received/viewed by recruits and HS coaches? I'm sick of all the "this staff is a failure" crap. Most understand the nature of the beast. But there are complainers and Chicken Littles out there. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

I have no idea what this post even means.

I have only heard good things on the staff in terms of building relationships on the recruiting trail.

They're good guys, do their homework and are both consistent and diligent in their approach to recruiting.

But at the end of the day, recruiting is a sales position. And sales is a bottom line business. The "chicken littles" are justified until this class outperforms its rankings and higher-rated classes start being signed.

I'll choose to assume you aren't referring to me. I'm solidly behind the staff and I know what they are up against right now in recruiting. I was just pointing out that it was interesting to pick Adams as our best recruiter, right after a big disappointing loss. Yes these things happen, but I do think recruiters have an impact and therefore get some credit when they win, and some responsibility when they lose.

Note to self: DBT is aggro at lunch time.

Semper Gumby

I'll choose to assume you aren't referring to me. I'm solidly behind the staff and I know what they are up against right now in recruiting. I was just pointing out that it was interesting to pick Adams as our best recruiter, right after a big disappointing loss. Yes these things happen, but I do think recruiters have an impact and therefore get some credit when they win, and some responsibility when they lose.

Try being on his lawn at dinnertime. That will make lunchtime look like sunshine, puppy dogs and rainbows in comparison.

DBT is mellow! A lover, not a hater. I only play a grumpy old man on the internet. I can't name anyone specifically who is down on Mac's recruiting. I don't keep tabs. I've seen some complaining here and there and it is certainly understandable. I begrudge no man the right to complain. :thumbsup:

9 NorCal commits under MacIntyre's watch, with just about all of them being credited to Adams. Embree didn't land a single NorCal guy in 3 classes (1 if you count Graham). I didn't look at Hawkins' years but I don't think we did that well either
What do you base Adams being the best on?

Getting off track a bit but Graham wasn't recruited by San Jose State when HCMM was there. He was getting offers such as EWU and SDSU. He had ability and played Left Tackle for a team featuring one of the top QBs on the west coast.

It's all part of the vetting process and an Offensive Linemen better like contact and he better like working his arse off in the weight room and pounding down giant power shakes until you want to puke NOT for everyone. You gotta LOVE football.

Doesn't matter, DBT has his "evening" meal at 4:30 at Luby's. That's why dinner time is so dangerous - he's back on the front porch with his shotgun by then.

Back