What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kool Aid Thread

Did I inspire this? :smile2:

The Kool Aid is now drained. So now what do we do? That's right. Let's hear some solutions to our problems.

This is what I hear the most from you guys. Feel free to add anything. Especially you BuffWings. :lol:

1. Bench Hawkins. He's not getting it done. Done. So now where do we go if Ballenger fails? Is that acceptable to you guys? Or do we employ the dreaded dual QB option. Put in the hot hand as Hawk likes to put it.

2. The running game. Lt. FS said he wants to see us run more. Does this eliminate Sumler? Daaah mentioned that he's a good blocker out there. Do we focus on the run and hope for the best with the passing game?

3. The OL situation. I don't see any solutions here. Anyone of you guys have any?

4. Darrell Scott. Is he hurt or not? Out of shape, or having problems picking up the playbook. Go crazy syko.

5. Josh Smith and the return game. Bench him? Who do you put in? Espinoza? Stewart?

I sat let Hawkins play. The more experience he gets the better QB he will be when the time comes. Ballenger playing poorly doesn't surprise me since he probably doesn't have much of a connection with the starters.

OL is a lost cause this year.

Darrell Scott is a high school football player 5 games removed. He probably got the verbal "we'll let you play if you commit" but in all truth he has a ways to go. I think the experience is good. Without an OL to open holes for him were better off giving it to Stewart and letting him use his speed on the edge to get us yards where we can get em.

:thumbsup: Because we all have epiphanies 5 drinks into the game. We know better than them.

Seriously, just because we're not coaches doesnt mean we're not smart fans who understand what it takes to have some success.

A lot of us are just not seeing it, OL, QB problems aside. it's the decisions the staff make. dont seem to make sense, at least to us laymen.

Thing is, we do not attend practices. We do not really know much of what is going on behind the scenes. We just speculate. Drink and speculate. :lol:

Thing is, we do not attend practices. We do not really know much of what is going on behind the scenes. We just speculate. Drink and speculate. :lol:
Some of us drink more than others, obviously...

Darrell Scott is a high school football player 5 games removed. He probably got the verbal "we'll let you play if you commit" but in all truth he has a ways to go. I think the experience is good. Without an OL to open holes for him were better off giving it to Stewart and letting him use his speed on the edge to get us yards where we can get em.

Disagree. When Scott has gotten the ball he's looked good to me.

Did I inspire this? :smile2:

I sat let Hawkins play. The more experience he gets the better QB he will be when the time comes.

Is this snark? When what time comes? He has 18 starts and he's getting worse every single game. He's a turnover machine. He may be salvageable, but he needs to be a backup and he needs a TON of one on one tutelage with a great quarterback coach.

I'll add something to the future..

How about Hawk and company start recruiting and getting some commitments.. We have 5 3 star commitments right now with the rest of our rivals having over 15 plus commitments already.. Bottom line recruiting is really concerning me right now.. We don't have any DT's right now.. With our depth problems, we should have at least 5 DL this year in this recruiting cycle.. I think I have said this for about 5 years with two coaching staffs and we have continued to not succeed in getting depth at that position..

And why do we have 2 QB commits? Should I take that as a negative on Hansen and Ballenger?. We'll have more QB's on scholarships than Defensive tackles next year.. Hey HAWK and company you can only play ONE QB at a time and you will play 2 DT most of the time!!!

We need some receivers too.. We lack speed at that position..

Im telling you. I dont know what direction is taking this program. He may be drowning in the Big 12.

I need some Kool Aid, cuz right now I have zero faith in whatever vision the coaching staff has for this team.

I'll add something to the future..

How about Hawk and company start recruiting and getting some commitments.. We have 5 3 star commitments right now with the rest of our rivals having over 15 plus commitments already.. Bottom line recruiting is really concerning me right now.. We don't have any DT's right now.. With our depth problems, we should have at least 5 DL this year in this recruiting cycle.. I think I have said this for about 5 years with two coaching staffs and we have continued to not succeed in getting depth at that position..

And why do we have 2 QB commits? Should I take that as a negative on Hansen and Ballenger?. We'll have more QB's on scholarships than Defensive tackles next year.. Hey HAWK and company you can only play ONE QB at a time and you will play 2 DT most of the time!!!

We need some receivers too.. We lack speed at that position..

Very true. I'm not even sure Hawk is going after DL that hard in this recruiting cycle. Same with WR.

Very true. I'm not even sure Hawk is going after DL that hard in this recruiting cycle. Same with WR.

If that is true, I seriously think we should question why we are giving Hawk an extension.. If some blowhard like me can see our biggest weakness on the team and our coach is clueless about it then we are in some serious trouble..

What the heck are they recruiting then?

The Kool Aid is now drained. So now what do we do? That's right. Let's hear some solutions to our problems.

This is what I hear the most from you guys. Feel free to add anything. Especially you BuffWings. :lol:

1. Bench Hawkins. He's not getting it done. Done. So now where do we go if Ballenger fails? Is that acceptable to you guys? Or do we employ the dreaded dual QB option. Put in the hot hand as Hawk likes to put it.

2. The running game. Lt. FS said he wants to see us run more. Does this eliminate Sumler? Daaah mentioned that he's a good blocker out there. Do we focus on the run and hope for the best with the passing game?

3. The OL situation. I don't see any solutions here. Anyone of you guys have any?

4. Darrell Scott. Is he hurt or not? Out of shape, or having problems picking up the playbook. Go crazy syko.

5. Josh Smith and the return game. Bench him? Who do you put in? Espinoza? Stewart?

1. I wouldn't say bench Cody but I do think Ballenger needs to be given more of an opportunity like in the 1st half of a game instead of just the 4th qtr.

2.Yes, Helfrich needs to put more emphasis on the running game and needs to be more unpredictable. Has anyone noticed that when Sumler is in you can almost bet it will be a pass play?

3. Not much can be done there except playing through it and RECRUITING.

4.Injuries. He'll be fine.

5.Espinoza.

i would suggest we find a way to heal all of the injured players and make all of the ineligible players hit the books so that they are able to play.

seems to me, that would make one hell of a difference.

but, i know its easier to piss on the coaching staff and the players for not getting things done despite the problems that they have in front of them.

i mean, hell!!! hawk has had one top 20 recruiting class in his 3 years here. CU should be in contention for a MNC!!!! what more do you need?

we have the #1 RB recruit in the nation. he should have come in here and run for 12,000 yards by now. im suprised he has been tackled once.

ok, that is not realistic. the ol has some injuries. however, with the stable of OL that GB left Hawk and the top 20 class hawk brought in last year, they should be pushing the NY Giants up and down the feild!!!!

who gives a crap if they are all damn young!!! that excuse aint no bird dog. to put it another way, that dog wont hunt!!!

we should not only hope but, expect that one of the 10 youngest teams in the nation can lose 3 of their starters on the OL, most (if not all) are underclassmen, and just toss in some warm bodies and CH should have 10 minutes to throw, the RB's should have holes 15 yards wide to run through and every damn WR should be open every play.

injuries are no excuse!!! we need to win damnit!!! i dont want reality!!! i want what i want!!!

i want all of CU's problems from the last 5 years solved now!!!!

i dont have 5 years to give Hawk to build the program!!!!

Stoops and that guy at OSU won their MNC's in year 2!!!! i want that!!!! i want a friggin act of GOD!!!!!

i feel so bad for myself!!!! my team is not winning like i want them to!!! the good thing is, i have all of the answers! that is why i feel so good about my self.

see, i know everything that is going on within the program. i know why certian people play, and why others dont. i know what the game plan should be and should not be. that is why i fly airplanes for a living. im awesome!!!! i have it all figured out!!!!

personally, i think Hawk is just itching for DS to transfer so he can tell new recruits that his program was just too tough for the #1 RB recruit in the nation to deal with. he is that friggin good!!!!

that is jedi mind trick ****, right there!!! mark my words!!!! see what happens!!!

i dont know about the rest of you but, if i move back to Colorado, im getting Colorado College season football tickets!!!! at least those dudes play football like football players play football for a football program that plays football at a football school where people watch football for the sake of watching football.

football.:cool:

:smile2:

nice use of sarcasm.... :bowdown::jawdrop:

I just don't see how a bunch of drunks can second guess a professional coaching staff? :lol:

We learned from listening to this old drunk ****er rant on the Rockies staff year after year.:smile2::lol::thumbsup:

Oh, and don't even try to tell me that the Rockies staff is less professional than the CU staff.....

I thought you said he was on the recruiting board?

If that is true, I seriously think we should question why we are giving Hawk an extension.. If some blowhard like me can see our biggest weakness on the team and our coach is clueless about it then we are in some serious trouble..

What the heck are they recruiting then?

Sarcasm, you jackasses.:smile2:

Trust me, the coaches know exactly what our needs are right now and they are working very hard on the recruiting trail to address them.

Back