1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Krieger: Suspiciion infects CU football program

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CarolinaBuff, Nov 8, 2010.

1. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Great article by Krieger today. http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_16552227

Some of the highlights:

2. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Columns like this make me think Dan Hawkins WILL step aside.

I have a bad feeling that Cody is going to be the recipient of a lot of boo's over the next couple games if this path continues.

Dan needs to step aside. If Cody winds up getting the passing record and his dad isnt coaching, nobody will think anything negative about it. But if D2D is coaching .....

3. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

I can see Dan ripping off redshirts over the next few games to spite CU, the man is not rational.

4. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I agree. At this point I think he feels like everyone has wronged him, his son and his wife. He still believes this mess is everyone's fault but his own. It is dangerous to leave him at the helm any longer.

5. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Maybe my head is buried in the sand, but the more I think about, the more I just can't believe that Hawk would intentionally sabotage this team or the kids. I also just don't buy the padding Cody's stats argument. Maybe there's some blindness as to what Cody's weaknesses are and an overinflated sense of what he can do, but I still think Hawk is trying to win here. He just doesn't know how to do that and I think that's the fundamental issue here. Hawk is just not a good HC at this level.

And unless he truly does not ever want to coach anywhere else again, I just don't see him doing things like pulling redshirts left and right.. But, I'm sure he'll trash CU's lack of support on his way out the door.

6. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

I venture to say any coach at any level would have known how to protect a 4 touchdown 4th qtr. lead. Even if he's not maliciously sabotaging games, his delusional fantasy world is killing the program. Either way, he should not be on the sideline.

7. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Yup. Hence another reason we should have canned his ass two games back and made Cabral interim.