1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kritza hires new assistant

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by buff190, Jun 8, 2011.

1. buff190

buff190 Club Member Club Member

http://www.cubuffs.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=205157886

Leonid Yelin, most recently Head Coach of University of Louisville for 15 years.

Looks to be a great hire but does anyone know why he left Louisville? Looks like he was pretty successful there.

And will he be one and done to take another head coaching job somewhere else? I'm not sure why he wouldn't.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

He retired. 61 years old. Hell of a good coach. This is a coup for Kritza to get him to come on board. It instantly makes the team better. I think it speaks to how respected she is in coaching circles, too.

I figure that either he decided to retire in Boulder (we were ranked #1 among places to retire in a recent magazine) and/or he had an existing relationship with Kritza and wanted to phase into retirement by taking a non-HC job for a few years.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Nice. Never hurts to have a guy with that sort of experience as long as he is happy to take the backseat at this stage.

4. buff190

buff190 Club Member Club Member

Sound like a great plan to me Buffnik. You may have hit the nail on the head. No matter the reason though, sounds like he will be a big help to the program.

I have never been to a CU Volleyball game. I have thought about it many times. I may actually take the next step and actually go to one this upcoming season.

Go Buffs!

5. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

mmmm, tight shorty shorts....

Its worth going