What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kronshage Twitter mistake

I'm oddly torn on this.

On one hand, I'm the first to denounce witch hunts and faux offense over words used to achieve the defendable moral high ground.

Also, I'm a big fan of redemption. I'd be a lot more concerned of this kid was using that word leaving CU than I was with him using it coming in. A University is a place to (hopefully) be enlightened, though I'm not sure what the **** happened to 'Tini (seriously 'Tini, what the ****?).

On the other hand, it's pretty broadly understood (even in Texas where I lived for a while, though not as a 18-year-old kid in 2013) that you just don't say that word. Regardless of how you end it.

Furthermore, we're essentially reaching out to this kid as a representative--an ambassador if you will--of this university. And expecting him to function on a team which features a number of African American student athletes.

Really, I think we should pull the offer. Even if he had benign intentions. I don't think this is a case of a PC witch hunt. I think it was a kid that broke a widely understood rule, and that we don't need him representing our institution.

Having said that, I'm delighted that PRich is here, so maybe I'm a bit of a hypocrite.

Yeah I don't really see any reason for me to be in your post

So what I am getting from this is he says he didn't send the tweet.

Last edited:
I know we have a moratorium on the jerk*** from DP but this sheds some light on the situation at the moment:
http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_23413456/cu-buffs-coach-mike-macintyre-talks-recruit-about

Seems pretty reasonable.

Also, buried at the bottom of the article.

In other news, redshirt freshman tailback Davien Payne, who wasn't listed on the spring depth chart, was declared academically ineligible. Also, four team captains will be announced June 19.

Read more:CU Buffs coach Mike MacIntyre talks to recruit about racist tweet report - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_234...e-macintyre-talks-recruit-about#ixzz2VZD9wfeq
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter|Denverpost on Facebook

So what I am getting from this is he says he didn't send the text.
Opens the door to the possibility he's lying. I sure hope he isn't, because if he just owned up to it he may have been given a second chance. Now if they find out he is lying, then goodbye. P.S. I assume he's telling the truth, just throwing out a hypothetical (rep will be delivered here).

So what I am getting from this is he says he didn't send the tweet.

I hope that story is true, but man that's a tough story to believe - someone else took his phone and tweeted a racist slur under his account? Did the same person take his phone again the next day to send the apology tweet too?

I hope that story is true, but man that's a tough story to believe - someone else took his phone and tweeted a racist slur under his account? Did the same person take his phone again the next day to send the apology tweet too?

Good call. Read the article and didn't even think about the follow up tweet

Yeah I don't really see any reason for me to be in your post

Because of all the silly, emotional and downright ridiculous things you've posted over the years (not to be lost is that you've posted some very good things as well), probably the most ridiculous can be found in this thread. I wanted to make sure that you knew that I'd noticed.

His apology is for "what happened." Doesn't really amount to a confession. If he is telling the truth, his follow up tweet would still probably be worded that way.

in my office you dont leave your computer unlocked in the bull-pen for fear of pranks like people send emails from your account, resetting your back ground etc.

I know super professional.

in my office you dont leave your computer unlocked in the bull-pen for fear of pranks like people send emails from your account, resetting your back ground etc.

We kind of figured that out, I think.

His apology is for "what happened." Doesn't really amount to a confession. If he is telling the truth, his follow up tweet would still probably be worded that way.

Are you serious? If that were me, first of all my follow up tweet would make it clear as crystal to this other kid and the twitter universe that I didn't write it. One of my idiot friends stole my phone and posted that to be a jackass and play a horrible prank on me. And secondly, I would have cleared that up the minute I saw what happened with my phone - not the next day after the fallout.

I knew you'd out yourself eventually, Pissbomber.

We had the same problem at BP. You didn't leave your phone lying around either. BP was uber politically correct so you wouldn't send out prank emails to others in the company, so people would send prank emails to their cubicle-mates girlfriends.

Good times.

Because of all the silly, emotional and downright ridiculous things you've posted over the years (not to be lost is that you've posted some very good things as well), probably the most ridiculous can be found in this thread. I wanted to make sure that you knew that I'd noticed.

I mean I guess I don't see what was so ridiculous about my comments in this thread. SK should not have said that (if he did) and I don't condone it. Are you a South Park fan? If so, have you seen the episode with the bikers? That is sort of the difference I was trying to point out.

And nah man, I've posted much more ridiculous **** on here over the years :lol:

Are you serious? If that were me, first of all my follow up tweet would make it clear as crystal to this other kid and the twitter universe that I didn't write it. One of my idiot friends stole my phone and posted that to be a jackass and play a horrible prank on me. And secondly, I would have cleared that up the minute I saw what happened with my phone - not the next day after the fallout.

He said he had been trying to reach him, and apologized for what happened. I don't think he meant to elaborate on twitter, but in person, or at least on the phone. You know, man up. Admirable if true. MM talked to him, I didn't. I'm gonna just have to trust the coach on this one.

This reminds me of that time Carmelo Anthony put a bitchslap bounty on someone named Kat Stacks, then one of his boys jumped on the grenade and said it was him tweeting from Melo's phone. Yeah I can imagine people like Coach Mike MacIntyre who played college ball in the 80s think Twitter is just about the most useless thing ever.

He said he had been trying to reach him, and apologized for what happened. I don't think he meant to elaborate on twitter, but in person, or at least on the phone. You know, man up. Admirable if true. MM talked to him, I didn't. I'm gonna just have to trust the coach on this one.

Yeah, I'd still want to make it abundantly clear that I wasn't the one who wrote that tweet if that's the truth. It sounds like a "dog ate my homework" kind of excuse to me, but like I said, I hope he's telling the truth - I'm not sure how you could prove either way so I suspect this will be the end of it.

Yeah, I'd still want to make it abundantly clear that I wasn't the one who wrote that tweet if that's the truth. It sounds like a "dog ate my homework" kind of excuse to me, but like I said, I hope he's telling the truth - I'm not sure how you could prove either way so I suspect this will be the end of it.

This is an offseason type of attention grabber, there just isn't much other news to grab onto so it got bigger than it normally would have.

That said it will be the end of it unless Kronshage makes another notable error in judgement. I'm expecting that no matter how this happened his margin for error in the future just got much smaller.

I hope Adam won't mind, but this side of the story needs to get out there in full:

During a lengthy conversation with MacIntyre, Kronshage explained that he was at a graduation party and was in the pool when someone used his phone without his permission to send the tweet. MacIntyre also received a detailed e-mail from Sam's parents explaining the situation.

"I have to trust the young man and trust what is going on here. I do believe them," MacIntyre said. "We're in the process of trying to make sure what we've been told is definitely real and go from there. I didn't even sleep last night and I know they haven't either."

SAM-KRONSHAGE_200_5_24.JPG

spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif
Kronshage signed with the Buffaloes in February.
"The time I have known Sam and the family, they seem like phenomenal people," he added. "If his character is damaged, he is going to rebuild it. If his reputation is damaged, he is going to rebuild it. Time will definitely tell on that."

The tweet was removed from his Twitter account as soon as he was aware it existed, Kronshage told MacIntyre. Kronshage tried multiple times to apologize to the rival baseball player.

Additional notes -

Sam's uncle is Nigerian.

More quotes from HCMM and full story HERE.

Tini, your 'a' vs 'er' thing is absolutely irrelevant here.

In the tweets, he (or whoever) said, "make sure you wash mine like the old days," "you do wash clothes because you're a ******."

If he had said you're a: *****, *****, black, african american, brotha, brother, dark-skinnned-fella, etc. it still would have been racist because he is saying the person is delegated to washing his clothes because of his race.

So yeah, you're out of your ****ing element.

Tini, your 'a' vs 'er' thing is absolutely irrelevant here.

In the tweets, he (or whoever) said, "make sure you wash mine like the old days," "you do wash clothes because you're a ******."

If he had said you're a: *****, *****, black, african american, brotha, brother, dark-skinnned-fella, etc. it still would have been racist because he is saying the person is delegated to washing his clothes because of his race.

So yeah, you're out of your ****ing element.

Which reminds me... next time I expect you to get my tighty whities extra white, cracka.

And like I said, I think he was trying to do that directly with Coleman - he doesn't owe Twitter anything. MM thinks he's a kid with character, and that's all that matters.

Back