What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kronshage Twitter mistake

I hope Adam won't mind, but this side of the story needs to get out there in full:

During a lengthy conversation with MacIntyre, Kronshage explained that he was at a graduation party and was in the pool when someone used his phone without his permission to send the tweet. MacIntyre also received a detailed e-mail from Sam's parents explaining the situation.

"I have to trust the young man and trust what is going on here. I do believe them," MacIntyre said. "We're in the process of trying to make sure what we've been told is definitely real and go from there. I didn't even sleep last night and I know they haven't either."

SAM-KRONSHAGE_200_5_24.JPG

spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

Kronshage signed with the Buffaloes in February.
"The time I have known Sam and the family, they seem like phenomenal people," he added. "If his character is damaged, he is going to rebuild it. If his reputation is damaged, he is going to rebuild it. Time will definitely tell on that."

The tweet was removed from his Twitter account as soon as he was aware it existed, Kronshage told MacIntyre. Kronshage tried multiple times to apologize to the rival baseball player.

Additional notes -

Sam's uncle is Nigerian.

More quotes from HCMM and full story HERE.

I agree with Coach Mac's position. In this situation you almost have to give Kronshage the benefit of the doubt. It would be too harsh to pull a scholarship for something like this not really knowing what happened. I sincerely hope he's telling the truth and didn't send that awful tweet. On a lighter note, Kronshage needs to use his considerable stature and beat down whoever sent the tweet. And, just for the record, I don't think the fact that his uncle is Nigerian is relevant. He might hate him.:lol:

And like I said, I think he was trying to do that directly with Coleman - he doesn't owe Twitter anything. MM thinks he's a kid with character, and that's all that matters.

He also doesn't have an agent who immediately contacts a media relations consultant to determine the canned and planned response. Again this is a HS kid who shouldn't be experienced in media damage control. We expect a certain response because that is what we so often get when pro level players screw up or even from SID departments when a college player does something notable.

I agree with Coach Mac's position. In this situation you almost have to give Kronshage the benefit of the doubt. It would be too harsh to pull a scholarship for something like this not really knowing what happened. I sincerely hope he's telling the truth and didn't send that awful tweet. On a lighter note, Kronshage needs to use his considerable stature and beat down whoever sent the tweet. And, just for the record, I don't think the fact that his uncle is Nigerian is relevant. He might hate him.:lol:

Agreed, but the fact that he committed to a Black head coach and a black offensive coordinator does mean something.

He also doesn't have an agent who immediately contacts a media relations consultant to determine the canned and planned response. Again this is a HS kid who shouldn't be experienced in media damage control. We expect a certain response because that is what we so often get when pro level players screw up or even from SID departments when a college player does something notable.

It has nothing to do with the media, it has to do with protecting his own reputation which doesn't require an agent or SID. I'm not a public figure, but if some kid took my phone and wrote that on my twitter, I'd clear it up immediately, not because I was worried about the media but because I wouldn't want anyone who read that to think I was a racist.

It has nothing to do with the media, it has to do with protecting his own reputation which doesn't require an agent or SID. I'm not a public figure, but if some kid took my phone and wrote that on my twitter, I'd clear it up immediately, not because I was worried about the media but because I wouldn't want anyone who read that to think I was a racist.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I am just saying that his response doesn't strike me as unpredictable considering his age and lack of experience with stuff like this. We would have liked to have seen a faster and more direct response but I don't read anything into him not doing it other than he mishandled it, not a surprise considering his age.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I am just saying that his response doesn't strike me as unpredictable considering his age and lack of experience with stuff like this. We would have liked to have seen a faster and more direct response but I don't read anything into him not doing it other than he mishandled it, not a surprise considering his age.

You could be right. To me it sounds like a teenager spitting out a load of BS. I hope I'm wrong.

You could be right. To me it sounds like a teenager spitting out a load of BS. I hope I'm wrong.

We may never actually know the truth in what happened. Hopefully he learns from this and goes on to live the rest of his life without drawing this kind of attention to himself.

I've read the last 2-3 pages. From that, I believe most people (though not all) fall into one of two categories:

1) People who actually believe this kid's incredibly ****** excuse; and
2) Those willing to turn the other cheek simply because it's CU. Trust me, if this happened at ANY other school, we would be saying how disgraceful and shameful it is that the school's coach let this recruit stay on the team after what clearly happened.

Again, the kid said someone took his phone and tweeted on his account. In an already ongoing conversation on Twitter. Where Kronshage took a day to respond to it. And he then apologized for what happened.

Yes, because you know when someone steals my phone and posts incredibly racist things for all to see from my account, I simply apologize and DONT ACTUALLY TELL ANYONE THAT SOMEONE STOLE MY PHONE AND THAT WASN'T SENT FROM ME.

The excuses for this sort of behavior in these past few pages is quite pathetic.

That's as lame an excuse as you could find and, of course, nothing was done to check it out and no hard Qs asked (like, 'why didn't you tell him you didn't send the tweet?)

and M2 saying he literally couldn't sleep all night. really?

the FB program is in poor shape and most of you will accept and make whatever excuses you can find. csu is laughing it's butt off - for good reason

Maybe we can find something else he did wrong and we can finally throw him out. :huh:

:rolling_eyes:

Honestly, do you believe his story? What's more likely:

1) That someone stole his phone at a pool party without him knowing and wrote "you're a n****r" under his twitter account. He doesn't find out about it until the next day then apologizes without any mention that it wasn't him that wrote the tweet.

or

2) He tweeted something really offensive in the heat of the moment trash talking with his rival high school, realized it was a stupid idea after it was too late and came up with a bulls**t excuse to cover his tracks.

I wish I could believe him, but I don't.

That's as lame an excuse as you could find and, of course, nothing was done to check it out and no hard Qs asked (like, 'why didn't you tell him you didn't send the tweet?)

the FB program is in poor shape and most of you will accept and make whatever excuses you can find. csu is laughing it's butt off - for good reason

Shut the hell up, Sly. Shouldn't you be hanging with your boy tweaking?

The only guy whose opinion matters actually talked to the kid, unlike you internet geniuses.

^^This^^

It is M2's job and his ball of problems if he's wrong.

We need something that resembles actual football to take our attention off of crap like this.

Actually it seems like MacIntyre is in between the two groups of Internet geniuses. He seems to think it was a bigger mistake than most on this board think, but also willing to give the kid a second chance unlike myself and some others.

the FB program is in poor shape and most of you will accept and make whatever excuses you can find.csu is laughing it's butt off - for good reason

That matters.

Re-reading this thread, by the way, is a particularly delightful treat because of the preponderance of those taking the majority position are painting themselves as the minority. To characterize the reaction exhibited by the forum as a "witch hunt" is a hilarious piece of delusional thinking because, at rough glance, 90%+ of you are taking the identical position that "this isn't a big deal" and "people shouldn't overreact". Please point me to the majority faction here that is going on a "witch hunt".

Here is a video of the incident

[video]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDQQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCbZ EyN_kNDE&ei=zbKzUdbMC5CcrQHPloGIAg&usg=AFQjCNF54yIumchEB6Uf_qZLHJy8f8lq7w&sig2=s_ZgcmQZvJc_zwEK8s5pOQ[/video]

Re-reading this thread, by the way, is a particularly delightful treat because of the preponderance of those taking the majority position are painting themselves as the minority. To characterize the reaction exhibited by the forum as a "witch hunt" is a hilarious piece of delusional thinking because, at rough glance, 90%+ of you are taking the identical position that "this isn't a big deal" and "people shouldn't overreact". Please point me to the majority faction here that is going on a "witch hunt".

[video=youtube_share;xxa7Y1TLjas]http://youtu.be/xxa7Y1TLjas[/video]

Heh. Come on, now. I'm going to put this the nicest way possible, but that is just...silly.

How so? I'm not trying to be flippant, but read this thread in its fullest. It's a bunch of white guys arguing about the semantics and offensiveness of the n-word. That's ridiculously silly by itself.

How so? I'm not trying to be flippant, but read this thread in its fullest. It's a bunch of white guys arguing about the semantics and offensiveness of the n-word. That's ridiculously silly by itself.
You really think that's the discussion taking place here?

Well, it's a bunch of white guys blathering about an offensive word that doesn't apply to them.

So you're saying white people aren't capable of understanding and participating in a discussion on the use of the "n-word?" (******, if you weren't sure which word)

That's racist, btw, hypocrite.

Actually it seems like MacIntyre is in between the two groups of Internet geniuses. He seems to think it was a bigger mistake than most on this board think, but also willing to give the kid a second chance unlike myself and some others.

Yeah, not being able to sleep, it clearly bothered him a lot. My only point in this thread has been to get all of the facts before trying, convicting, and sentencing the kid.

:rolling_eyes:

Honestly, do you believe his story? What's more likely:

1) That someone stole his phone at a pool party without him knowing and wrote "you're a n****r" under his twitter account. He doesn't find out about it until the next day then apologizes without any mention that it wasn't him that wrote the tweet.

or

2) He tweeted something really offensive in the heat of the moment trash talking with his rival high school, realized it was a stupid idea after it was too late and came up with a bulls**t excuse to cover his tracks.

I wish I could believe him, but I don't.

Truth is that both 1) and 2) are plausible... we are dealing with 18ish year old kids. My comment was just trying to point out that you and others seem to really have an ax to grind over this and all that matters is the word that was used. Just a word. He used THE word so get him out of here, with no regard to anything else... permanently stained, scarlet "N" for life!

Now I agree that a scholarship is a privilege so CU can deal with this in any way that they think best suits the program. I don't get a vote.

Now, if choice 2) is the truth, I my guess is that he was just looking for a real hurtful word and found it. Without any other information, I look at this as more a reflection of his maturity than his character or even his views on race. That said, if 2) is the truth and he lied to the coach, we now get a glimpse into his character.

I am okay with a lack of maturity in an 18-year old, an event like this will help him grow and be a better adult. I am less forgiving for a lack of character.

Hypothetical...

What if he stepped up and admitted he got carried away with the trash talking and purposely chose a word that he knew would cause hurt. He knows that what he did was wrong and makes the case that his use of THE word is not indicative of his views on race. He performs the requisite apologies and demonstrates true repentance.

Is this a kid you want on your team...? A kid willing to accept responsibility for his actions...? Is this the kind of character you want on a team?

or, do you just cut out the "cancer" because he used THE word...? no questions asked.

Yeah, not being able to sleep, it clearly bothered him a lot. My only point in this thread has been to get all of the facts before trying, convicting, and sentencing the kid.

This is a big point. We are working off bits and pieces of information, some of which is reasonably solid, other is pretty questionable like anything written by Henderson. The rest of it people are filling in with supposition and amatuer phychology.

As far as we know the only one who has actually talked in depth with Kronshage is M2. What happened is notable enough that it deserves conversation but to extend that conversation into declaration of what should happen with as little real information as we have is ridiculous.

Back