What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KSU Preview / Stats to help you sleep better / KSU Trivia to use on anyone in purple

MontanaBuff

Greetings, Buff fans, from www.cuatthegame.com

Okay, we’ve reached the midway point of the 2008 regular season, and the Buffs are 3-3. If offered this record two months ago, I would have taken it (I'm guessing most of us would). Still, the way the Buffs have lost the last three games has been disconcerting.

To get you back in a positive frame of mind, I offer you this week’s “T.I.P.S.”

T - Talent. A look at the very talented CU offensive players - who won’t see the field until 2009;
I - Intangibles. Ron Prince has beaten Dan Hawkins twice, and has won five more games (16-15 v. 11-20). So why is Prince on the hot seat, and Hawkins getting a contract extension?;
P - Preparation/Schedule. The Wildcats have three likely losses staring them in the face after Saturday. Will this hurt or help the Buffs?; and
S - Stats. Write these down. Memorize them. Quote them. You’ll get excited about Saturday.

Plus -

Trivia - What is it about Kansas State and the “Wabash Cannonball”? What infamous NCAA records to the Wildcats hold? From where did the “Wildcats” nickname come?

Archived Games - a multitude of 10/18 games, including three CU games (CU upsets Missouri in ‘75; dominates Kansas in ‘97; and wins on the last play against KSU in 2004).

Life is good. The Buffs have three wins, and six more opportunities for savoring sweet victory await. Kansas State is far from great - let's go get 'em!

Go Buffs!

www.cuatthegame.com

Re: KSU Preview / Stats to help you sleep better / KSU Trivia to use on anyone in pur

Good stuff Montana. Keep up the good work!

Re: KSU Preview / Stats to help you sleep better / KSU Trivia to use on anyone in pur

Trivia - What is it about Kansas State and the “Wabash Cannonball”? What infamous NCAA records to the Wildcats hold? From where did the “Wildcats” nickname come?

1. Sometime in the 60's the building that held all of our music burnt down and the only music to survive was the Wabash Cannonball. They played that the next game and it stuck around.

2. We sucked? I think we were the first Division 1A team to lose 500 games. And oh no, WE SUCK AGAIN!!

3. Some coach in the 20's or something gave us that nickname and it stuck around.

As always great read Montana...thanks...I truly think we should be able to run the ball pretty well this week and would love to see Speedy or DScott break some big ones for TD's

Back