What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KSU screwing over one of its players

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
This is the type of thing that bothers me with college athletics.

Kid has graduated, never been in trouble, doesn't want to play for KSU any more, and KSU won't grant him a release to play where he wants.

I get it if they granted a limited release that kept him off any team in the Big 12 or on the KSU schedule for 2012, but denying him the ability to play D1 football unless it's for KSU puts way too much power in the school's hands... they were within their rights to deny him another year on scholarship, after all.

fwiw, I'm selfishly glad that we won't see Foketi on one of our Pac-12 opponent's rosters this year, but this is still crap.

http://www.kansas.com/2012/06/14/2373757/lineman-foketi-says-k-state-wont.html

They'll cave just like the earlier instances this offseason. Obrien at Maryland and Arnett at MSU? Not sure if those are right

We should make a push for him. A 300-lber, plays amazing run blocking and is a legit LT. I would take him.

I understand they view him as a key piece to the line, but really!? He put in a good seasons work got injured and had a redshirt to burn but earned a degree while sitting. And now he wants to be closer to home and family. Seems like a model student athlete to me, Snyder needs to get a grasp on priorities and let the young man do what he wants.

Reading the comments on that story, it never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of the average ksu fan. The couple of commentators trying to explain things are just wasting their time, sometimes explaining things to people around this city is like talking to a brick wall.

Doesn't he just have to find a masters program not offered at KJuco and go wherever he wants?

I think the school still has to release him to transfer. The graduation/masters program thing just eliminates the need to sit out a year. This is the same situation with that basketball guy trying to transfer from St. Joseph's. They wouldn't release him and the NCAA wouldn't give him a waiver on appeal. He ended up spending his last season basically paying his way and practicing with UAB hoping the NCAA would grant the waiver despite the school not granting a release. Never happened.

Snydley is on the clock...he won't be coaching much longer. Then KjSU re-plumbs the depths of piss poor football again.

Back