1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KSU screwing over one of its players

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Buffnik, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

This is the type of thing that bothers me with college athletics.

Kid has graduated, never been in trouble, doesn't want to play for KSU any more, and KSU won't grant him a release to play where he wants.

I get it if they granted a limited release that kept him off any team in the Big 12 or on the KSU schedule for 2012, but denying him the ability to play D1 football unless it's for KSU puts way too much power in the school's hands... they were within their rights to deny him another year on scholarship, after all.

fwiw, I'm selfishly glad that we won't see Foketi on one of our Pac-12 opponent's rosters this year, but this is still crap.

http://www.kansas.com/2012/06/14/2373757/lineman-foketi-says-k-state-wont.html

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

They'll cave just like the earlier instances this offseason. Obrien at Maryland and Arnett at MSU? Not sure if those are right

3. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

We should make a push for him. A 300-lber, plays amazing run blocking and is a legit LT. I would take him.

4. ODBuff

ODBuff Member

Snyder's a good coach. Nobody ever accused him of being a good person.

5. SuperBuff

SuperBuff Club Member Club Member

I understand they view him as a key piece to the line, but really!? He put in a good seasons work got injured and had a redshirt to burn but earned a degree while sitting. And now he wants to be closer to home and family. Seems like a model student athlete to me, Snyder needs to get a grasp on priorities and let the young man do what he wants.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

True that

7. DowntownBuff

DowntownBuff New Member

:iagree:

8. AeroBuff99

AeroBuff99 Club Member Club Member

Reading the comments on that story, it never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of the average ksu fan. The couple of commentators trying to explain things are just wasting their time, sometimes explaining things to people around this city is like talking to a brick wall.

9. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Doesn't he just have to find a masters program not offered at KJuco and go wherever he wants?

10. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I think the school still has to release him to transfer. The graduation/masters program thing just eliminates the need to sit out a year. This is the same situation with that basketball guy trying to transfer from St. Joseph's. They wouldn't release him and the NCAA wouldn't give him a waiver on appeal. He ended up spending his last season basically paying his way and practicing with UAB hoping the NCAA would grant the waiver despite the school not granting a release. Never happened.

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Heh - Big 12 drama.

12. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Snydley is on the clock...he won't be coaching much longer. Then KjSU re-plumbs the depths of piss poor football again.

13. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

You're joking, right? That there is coach Dracula. He'll quit coaching when Van Helsing shows up with a stake and hammer.