1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KU Center Zach Peters transfers to Zona

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, May 17, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

6'10" 240 lbs

Petty skilled guy, too. Shoots and passes well enough to play the "4".

He signed at KU last fall, but then decided to transfer in November. It's unclear what his initial eligibility will be at Zona. He might be able to play right away.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/051713aaa.html

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

****tu

3. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Wait...is this good for us? Bad for us? I can't tell.

4. BuffHerd

BuffHerd Club Member Club Member

Wtf. Oregon and Zona just killing the league with transfers.

5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Arizona was already going to be a good clip better than us, this gives them more depth but no one has seen this kid play in 2 years, so we dont know how much.

If anything it helps the Pac-12 as a whole by improving Zona, raising their profile and bumping our collective RPI.

6. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Boy, there's some looking on the bright side sunshine pumping if I ever saw it.

7. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Uh how? The kid has concussion issues and hasn't played in a while so he's not really a known quantity anymore. Abs admitted that Zona will be better than us next year and they should be at least an Elite 8 caliber team which means they will likely be a higher seed which helps our RPI throughout the season.

8. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

I'll start worrying about Arizona when they give me a reason to. So far, Tad Boyle has taken teams with a much greater talent disparity than he'll have to deal with in the future and competed with and beat Arizona in Boulder and in Tucson (we all know the shot was good).

9. absinthe

this is not true.

10. Medford M.

You're either misinterpreting what I'm saying, or you're wrong.

We just beat Arizona this year with a roster that forced Jeremy Adams, Sabatino Chen, Shane Harris-Tunks, and Eli Stalzer to see minutes.

Conversely, Arizona had Hill (4*), Parrom (3* top 150), Johnson (5*), Chol (4* didn't play much), Ashley (5*), Jerrett (5*), Tarczewski (5*), Mayes (3* top 150), and Mark Lyons (3* top 150).
    That's four 5-stars, two 4-stars, and three 3-stars. All top 150 players. Hill was rated 27th.

The talent disparity between us and them the last 2 years has been absurd. Going forward, our entire roster will be top 150 guys with many being 4* players.

11. absinthe

Are you aware of how much better Arizona's recruiting has been than our these past 2 years?

We could add "top-150" guys all day long and they'd still widen the talent gap on us. This year alone they'll add the #21 and #3 players in the country. We are not closing a talent gap on Arizona by adding Fletcher, Hopkins, Thomas and King when they are Rondae Hills-Jefferson and Aaron Gordon.

12. Medford M.

We're replacing scrubs with top 150 players. Sounds like closing a gap to me.

13. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Not when they're replacing scrubs with the #3 player in the nation.

14. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Gotta agree. Not only that, but even with all that talent, Miller has not shown he is yet an elite coach. His teams play "soft" and at times without heightened emotion. He's been recruiting lights-out for about 5 years now, but it took the efforts of one of his lesser recruits to push UA into the Final Four. We'll see what he does with this latest crop of 4 & 5 star kids.

15. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Funny, Self seems to think the kid is done:

“He’s not leaving here to go play (elsewhere) but be done. I don’t think he’s going to try to play sports, at least for a while,” Self said. “The fact he has had that many (concussions) in this short amount of time, plus the shoulder, I think he got pretty discouraged. He wants to move in a different direction, which to be honest, if it was my son, I’d tell him to do the same thing. I don’t think this is a bad move on his part at all. I know his family was hoping it could work out differently. There was too much concern about getting hit again.”