1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KU converts on 3rd and 29...and I find I still really really care.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffedup, Oct 18, 2009.

1. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

This season has felt like a sleepwalk since day one where I've actually watched the Buffs with very little emotion. I almost always have had butterflies from kickoff to 0:00. Tonight I felt it stirring again, and then when KU converted that 3rd down, I literally went Tourettes and nearly blew a gasket. Even at the time, it just felt good to really be excited about this team again.

2. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I did too. My wife and kids were watching from the upstairs balcony as I was screaming and beating the stuffing out of the couch.:lol:

3. jrod212

jrod212 Member

yah that was ridiculous.

4. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Don't forget the 3rd-and-20 when they made 18 earlier and moved forward from there.

But in those two plays, the pass-rush wasn't much, and Reesing was given all the time he needed to have receivers range back and forth before making the completion.

I'll be interested to see how the D-Line handles 3rd-and-very-long in the future. I've never understood why a blitz isn't called during those situations to ensure the QB has no extra time.

5. Hi.O

Hi.O Member

If I remember right we were burned on a 3rd and 20 when we blitzed, probably why Collins got conservative.

6. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

I had my kids beating the couch right alongside me after that play. They are full Buffalo now and has led the wife to judge that they are definitely MY kids.
    :gobuffs:

Going Deep...

7. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I lost a dollar on that play!

8. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Don't feel bad, Ron Collins lost his shorts on that play!:lol:

All kidding aside, other than going conservative and prevent at times (like the end of the first half) the D did great. If we would have went prevent and rushed three at the end of the game, I think Cu would have lost that game. But we rushed 4 and 5 and held on. Actually, what got the out of the prevent seemed to be losing the lead. Once we lost the lead, it seemed we got more aggresive again. And they stopped scoring. Co-ink-ka-dink??

9. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

I absolutely hate the prevent D. Seems like everytime we go to it, the opponent gets back into the game. It particularly hurt us last night b/c it gave Reesing more time to find his "windows" to complete 3rd and 29s. When we brought the house it confused him so much he couldn't find his guys or when he did, he threw a bad ball to them.

However, I applaud Collins and his game plan. What was nice to see was even when we were in the "prevent the win" or 3 or 4 up front was STILL able to get some pressure on the QB. Haven't seen that in a while. :thumbsup:

GO BUFFS! SHOULDER TO SHOULDER!

Going Deep...