What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KU Thread?

I didn't see Ballenger play against UT but I wasn't overwhelmingly impressed with his performance today.

He has a SLOW delivery.

But can get the ball there quick when he does throw. I was surprised the longer pass where he kind of rainbowed it out there, as I had seen him throw hard fast balls that far. I guess was trying to put touch on it, but I just see that the KU DBs adjusted too well to any pass that had the big arch on it.

I am also questioning the coaches now, as I felt CU had plenty of talent to win this one, but the mistakes continue to kill us. Espinosa dropped a punt, and does not have JS's ability.

That's just not true.

I will stick to my opinion, you stick to yours. We will be a 6-8 win team as long as Cody in the QB. Maybe Cody would be better with a healthy line, but we do not have that. We need a QB that can make something happen, can see over the line, and can throw far enough to open up the whole field. Cody does not offer that.

QB play has been absolutely horrible this year. That's why people have "short memories". Because the play has been absolute garbage and there are 0 positives to take away from that... CU has one of the worst qb's in the nation. You don't believe me? Watch the games. Look at the box scores. It's an absolute joke.

I love how short everyone's memory is around here. Cody was good enough to carry this team to a bowl game last season.

And the Rockies were in the World Series last season. Hasn't done either of them much good this season... :huh:

QB play has been absolutely horrible this year. That's why people have "short memories". Because the play has been absolute garbage and there are 0 positives to take away from that... CU has one of the worst qb's in the nation. You don't believe me? Watch the games. Look at the box scores. It's an absolute joke.

So this is all Cody's fault? Really? :huh:

It is not a high standard, JV... :sad1:

When the OL looks the way it does, it's hard to have any high expectations.

I love how short everyone's memory is around here. Cody was good enough to carry this team to a bowl game last season.

And he is not playing as well this year. Yeah, the oline is hurt and does not give him time or create lanes for him to see through. So you put in the taller QB with the bigger arm who can see over the line and has better wheels, and let him play.

I am all for memories, but he can't stay the starter, because the line distates that his skills need a solid line to be effective, which we do not have. Bally can make more happen with the line we have than Cody can IMO.

Cody wasn't looking all that much better before the injuries to Miller, Tui, etc. was he?

He actually had some solid games if you look at his numbers.

Look. I'm not trying to say Cody isn't at fault here. He's been playing scared imo. HE's taken some serious shots the last three games. He's obviously rattled.

Clearly the o-line is an issue. The WR's are an issue. But, at least in my opinion, the QB shoulders a certain level of responsibility for the overall productivity of the offense.

I hate the criticize Cody. Perhaps I feel less hesitation to do so than others on this board because I am a current student at CU and don't have the perspective that criticizing someone is wrong when they are my age. But to me, the writing is on the wall: he isn't getting it done and he doesn't have the skillset to do so.

Game manager QB's are great when you have a great running game and competent pieces around him. When you don't, you need someone who can create offense on his own. CH doesn't have the skillset to do that, and the skills he is lacking aren't skills that he can develop through experience. He has all the intangibles but he has no tangible skills... that isn't a recipe for success unless you are put into a situation for a QB where you don't NEED to put the offense on your back in order to win. That's not a reality at CU. We need a QB who has the ability to make plays despite a mediocre o-line and mediocre at best WRs. His name isn't Cody Hawkins.

I will stick to my opinion, you stick to yours. We will be a 6-8 win team as long as Cody in the QB. Maybe Cody would be better with a healthy line, but we do not have that. We need a QB that can make something happen, can see over the line, and can throw far enough to open up the whole field. Cody does not offer that.
An 8 win team - you must not be talking about CU football.:lol:

Back