1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kyle Hybl - University of Colorado Regent - 5th Congressional District

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Elected Officials and Polit' started by dio, Oct 15, 2012.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Kyle Hybl

[​IMG]

Phone:719.322.6226
    Email: Kyle.Hybl@cu.edu

Education: Bachelors Degree - University of Colorado, Law Degree - University of Colorado

Job: Regent, Attorney

Term: 2007 - 2013

INCUMBENT - University of Colorado Regent - 5th Congressional District 5 (R)

Bio: Kyle is an Air Force veteran and a CU alumnus. He earned a bachelor's and a law degree at the University of Colorado Boulder.

Kyle served as a judge advocate in the US Air Force, but returned to Colorado where he currently serves as Vice President and General Counsel for El Pomar Foundation. He also serves as General Counsel for the Broadmoor Hotel in Colorado Springs and The Garden City Company in Garden City, Kansas. Finally, he serves as legal adviser to the National Homeland Defense Foundation in Colorado Springs.

His civic activities include serving on the board of directors for the Police Foundation of Colorado Springs, the Air Force Academy Foundation, the Colorado Spring World Arena, and the Fund for American Studies.

Hyble was elected to the Board of Regents in 2006. He has also served as board chair for two terms (2010 - 2012).

Effects on Athletics:

Response to Allbuffs Question and Answer:

Quotes regarding athletics:

2. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

3. dio

Thanks. We just want to stay as focused on athletics as possible to avoid the crap that covers the pol forum.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

4. dio

Kyle was kind enough to provide us some answers in a phone interview. Thank you Kyle!

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I appreciate his willingness to respond. It sounds like he has at least a basic appreciation for the value of the athletic department.

6. Fasciolidae

Fasciolidae Member

Was his answer about peers to CU written somewhat out of context or does he think USC is one of the UC schools?

7. sackman

I think he believes those three schools are CU's academic peers. I happen to disagree, but they are schools CU should emulate.

8. Fasciolidae

Fasciolidae Member

Interesting. I would think that he meant the UC schools because they are also public universities but I'm surprised he said USC (rather than Stanford) on the private side...I'm also unclear on whether he was referring to academics or athletics despite his reference to academics...Still, he seems to have the best pulse on the importance of the football program to both AllBuffs and CU compared to some of the other candidates...just an observation. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on the matter. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  9. dio

Keep in mind that this was a phone interview, so he was probably speaking somewhat off the cuff

10. Fasciolidae

Fasciolidae Member

That's cool but it still doesn't explain his zombie or Dune-like eyes...

BuffNut99 and sliderNcider like this.
  11. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

He really only seemed to care that our student athletes are doing well in the student part

12. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Wanted to thank Kyle for the interview and sharing his thoughts with us.

Is he running unopposed?

13. sackman

I don't think he's running at all. Regents serve 6-year terms. He's probably somewhere in the middle of his term. I think only the 3rd and 7th are holding elections this year, plus the at-large race.