What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kyle McCall: Some thoughts on T.J. Fehoko’s commitment to the Colorado Buffaloes

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Kyle

BlzBb2WCAAAjOXj.jpg

As news broke late Monday night that the University of Colorado received a commitment from Cottonwood High School junior defensive standout T.J. Fehoko, I had a couple of initial reactions.
1. What an excellent “land” for the Buffs and their 2015 recruiting class. For those who don’t know about the Salt Lake City product, Fehoko is hurricane on the defensive line, who some have referred to him as a “bull in a china shop.” Fehoko recorded 100 total tackles and an impressive 34 sacks as a junior in Utah’s highest classification of prep ball.
2. What in the world is Fehoko doing to what appears to be the remains of a tree in his yard in the picture his father posted on Twitter to announce the commitment.
Fehoko’s commitment seemed like a slam-dunk for the Buffs following rave reviews from the family after a recent visit to Boulder for CU’s spring game. When Fehoko’s father told me they were cancelling upcoming unofficial visits, it was all but a lock.
T.J. Fehoko is somewhat of a raw talent. 2014 Colorado signee Sam Bennion’s team played Cottonwood during the 2013 season and Bennion’s father recently wrote via email that Fehoko was constantly fighting through double and triple teams as a junior … and still recorded 34 sacks. Bennion’s father added that Cottonwood’s coaching staff isn’t on the same level as some of the state’s top programs, hence the somewhat raw reference.
It’s true, we’re a long way from signing day 2015. If the Buffs can hang on to Fehoko, they’ll be bringing in a special player, who in my opinion has not yet fully unleashed the beast. Colorado defensive line coach Jim Jeffcoat is looking at a 6-foot-1, 245-pound defender he can mold into even more of a force.
I imagine Fehoko got off the phone with Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre on Monday night and went back into the yard to pulverize what used to be a mighty tree, envisioning future Pac-12 quarterbacks.
“I know I can do damage for Colorado, that’s all I want to do,” Fehoko told Scout’s Doug Kimmel on Monday.
Do damage indeed.

Originally posted by Kyle McCall
Click here to view the article.

Back