1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kyle Ringo Article: Alec Burks

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by buffman60, Dec 9, 2010.

1. buffman60

buffman60 New Member

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_16813275

Very interesting article, I tend to agree with Ringo pretty much on every point he makes.

Alec has a lot to improve, especially defensively.

Thoughts on the article?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I thought it was very fair.

In fact, I'm liking Ringo better as a basketball writer than I ever did as a football writer. This seems to be a good fit.

3. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I sort of was cringing last year when there was all this NBA talk and figured the "new coach" would take the heat when Burks turned out NOT to be a lotter pick after this year.

I've got an old friend who is with the Suns organization and he told me last year pretty much verbatim what Boyle states here, and also wondered if Burks would develop an outside jumper. Not too many guards in the NBA that have limited shooting range, and less that are lottery picks.

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Burks reminded me of Melo last night..... he got very frustrated by lack of no calls when he was driving, started putting up bad shots, and never looked to pass the ball.

5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

yes his game was very NBA.

6. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

If I remember correctly, Ringo was a Nuggets beat writer for one of the Denver papers around 2000-01.