1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lack of injuries

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by seattlebuff, Oct 30, 2013.

1. seattlebuff

seattlebuff Well-Known Member

This interesting stat from the DP:

"CU has lost only 12 games to injury, including second-string players. A year ago, they lost 71 games to injury in the two-deep. The year before, they lost 115."

Just something we don't discuss much when we bash Embree (me included). By and large, we've had the guys we want on the field, many of them with at least a year of significant experience. Man, shouldn't we see more improvement?

2. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

**** you.

3. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

4. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

5. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

jinx

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

seriously dumb.

7. seattlebuff

I'm just saying we can't blame any of our poor performance on not having starters on the field, at least as much as you could the past 2 years. What's so crazy about that? And if you think some half-assed opinion posted on a message board jinxes the team, well, I'm not sure what to say ...

8. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'm pretty sure what to say, but it's already been said in this thread a few times.

9. nolabuff

nolabuff Club Member Club Member

I see it as an endorsement of Forman and the coaching staff's plan rather than an excuse for Embree.

10. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Didn't Embree love hitting in practice?

11. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

Anyone have a black cat we can run in front of the team bus?

The Ogre likes this.
  12. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

I'm sending seattlebuff several mirrors by way of the US Postal Service.

13. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Dumbass...

14. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

[video=youtube;gxPF9AeHznE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxPF9AeHznE[/video]

15. DexBuffsteen

DexBuffsteen Well-Known Member

Hey Seattle, give the nattering nabob of negativity shtick a rest and go to a tanning salon and get a dose of sunshine. Lighten up Francis.

16. seattlebuff

Wow. Bad post on my part. I just thought it was an interesting stat. Guess not. Feel free to delete, mods.

17. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

The deed is done. There is no going back.

18. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

relax. folks are just messin' wit ya.

challenging the football gods, especially with p-rich and adkins day to day, is, perhaps, inadvisable at this point in time.

19. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

Too late. Somewhere in a CU dorm, a starter just got a hangnail. FML.

20. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

You know - all that kind of stat tells me is that next year and the years after hold more promise than now and years prior.

If you think about it, poor talent is poor talent, and if you're even playing semi-decent talent as freshmen and sophomores as starters or reserves, you're going to get your ass kicked no matter what. The only way you win with freshmen and sophomores is if they're freaks like the QB at Florida St. We haven't had one of those in I don't know how long. BUT, if you have guys that have a little bit of talent, experience can help them. So, if they get playing time in 11 or 12 games this year, 11 or 12 next year, then maybe they'll have a chance at keeping up their senior years. Of course, you have to retain them, which hopefully this staff can continue to do.

That said, if a key player gets hurt this week, we'll know who to blame. Now go throw salt over your shoulder and kick a black cat.

21. buff190

buff190 Club Member Club Member

Good stat, bad timing. I see you've been around this site long enough that you should have expected this kind of reaction. Don't take it personal. But if anyone gets hurt this week, I would go into hiding. :huh:

22. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

Sounds like Foreman knows what he is doing and also that the injury-gremlin is taking pity. I am convinced there is a modicum of divine providence( or whatever you want to call it) at work when it comes to injury rates. It's one of those risks you can mitigate in part with a great training program but also one of those things that involves so many other variables that you would have to be Rainman to figure out any modelable correlations.

23. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

I think running out a bunch of true freshman to play against other teams more conditioned and prepared players is what has led to the injury bug the last two years. This year at least most of the young kids aren't having to play as much.

24. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

The reduction in injuries is a good early indication that this staff has the team moving in the right direction. Before we see significant changes in the W/L columns we need our players to stay healthy enough so they can get the continuity and chemistry necessary to elevate their level of play as a team.

Our players are clearly more physically durable than the past. I would also add that mentally they seem more focused, upbeat and inspired and that is contributing to the reduction in injuries as well (driving a desire for more practice, more strength training, more physical therapy, etc...) Players who don't want to be here get hurt and stay hurt, players who want to play stay healthy or find ways to bounce back from injuries quickly.