What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lady Buffs v Villanova - 3rd Round WNIT - Thursday, March 22nd, 7pm MT at the CEC!

I personally don't care for the term "Lady Buffs"...we're all Buffaloes. The women's teams and the men's teams together. Unless you're going to call the men's teams something similar. I know some of my teammates feel the same way, as it has been topic of conversation before. We never referred to ourselves as Lady Buffs.

Never once did we break huddle by saying 'Lady Buffs are 1' ... Always was 'Buffs are 1'. But that's just my two cents. :)

That's been my argument. Unless you feel a need to say "Gentlemen Buffs" to describe the men, there's no reason to say "Lady Buffs".

If I need to differentiate, I say "Buff Men" or "Buff Women". That can cause some raised eyebrows when people hear me say things like, "I love me the buff men!", but it's a small price to pay.

Soooooo...we do we have to do to get all you "All Buffs" to the game tomorrow??? I hear tickets start at like 4 bucks....

I'm France, or I'd be there. If you're in Colorado & don't make it, you better have a good excuse!!! ;)

Ok, Sabrina, I will stop calling the team "my Lady Buffs" :shakehands: I'm sure I've always called them that since I've been attending the games since the first game and the team was called Lady Buffs back then--and high school girls' basketball teams all ended in -ettes. :D

If I was in CO, I'd be there tomorrow night. I will be at least listening online. I hope I will be watching online.

I did get an email about tickets start at $4, so go out and support this team. I really, really doubt they hear me yelling at my computer in Boulder.

:gobuffs:

I personally don't care for the term "Lady Buffs"...we're all Buffaloes. The women's teams and the men's teams together. Unless you're going to call the men's teams something similar. I know some of my teammates feel the same way, as it has been topic of conversation before. We never referred to ourselves as Lady Buffs.

Never once did we break huddle by saying 'Lady Buffs are 1' ... Always was 'Buffs are 1'. But that's just my two cents. :)

Thanks for your opinion. Go Buffs!

good argument. solid reasoning. My point: Lady Buffs are still Buffs. Lady Buffs are no different from buff women or gentleman buffs or buff men. It is just a better (not least because it is shorter) way of say "women's basketball team."

good argument. solid reasoning. My point: Lady Buffs are still Buffs. Lady Buffs are no different from buff women or gentleman buffs or buff men. It is just a better (not least because it is shorter) way of say "women's basketball team."

Lawyered!

Good points on both sides but I also take your opinion in this.

Side note, I also don't like the way "lawyered" is typed because it doesn't express the awesome way I pronounce it.

That's been my argument. Unless you feel a need to say "Gentlemen Buffs" to describe the men, there's no reason to say "Lady Buffs".

If I need to differentiate, I say "Buff Men" or "Buff Women". That can cause some raised eyebrows when people hear me say things like, "I love me the buff men!", but it's a small price to pay.

From here on, I will refer to the mens team as the Gentlemen Buffs.
nod.gif

Buffs and Nova are in a defensive battle.

16-15 Buffs at the half.

We're killing them on the glass (24-11), but they've hit a couple 3s while we've taken an 0fer from behind the arc.

Turnovers a problem (we have 11 to their 6).

No one from the Buffs with more than 1 foul. No one from Nova with more than 2. So no issues there in the 2nd half.

:gobuffs:

Nice to see some C Unit love there. More than the usual 3 students. Thanks to whoever got some students there.

Jeffrey has 15 boards, but this team can't shoot FTs. MPP has 8 pts, which are much needed. Chucky has her 9th double double of the season. We lead 41-35 Chucky has 14 pts now.

46-44 under 2 minutes. Lappe wasn't happy about giving up a layup.

Back