What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lady Buffs v Villanova - 3rd Round WNIT - Thursday, March 22nd, 7pm MT at the CEC!

So what happened on the last play? Gamecast provides no details....

Awesome to see CU won! I couldn't go or listen on the radio. And another shot at a Big XII team. Hopefully CU comes out on the winning side this time.

Anyone know what the attendance was tonight? Bummer that we couldn't get OSU here.

Go Buffs!!!

****. Don't like having to play that Quarterfinal game in Stoolwater. Okie Lite is an NCAA Tournament caliber team. They ****ed up in the Big XII tournament and lost to Mizzou in the First Round which cost them a bid to the Dance. For comparison, they finished tied in the B12 w/ Kansas, who is currently in the Sweet 16.

Going to take one of our better performances to date, but beating a solid Villanova team tonight is excellent.

Awesome to see CU won! I couldn't go or listen on the radio. And another shot at a Big XII team. Hopefully CU comes out on the winning side this time.

Anyone know what the attendance was tonight? Bummer that we couldn't get OSU here.

Go Buffs!!!

Okie Lite has had very slightly better attendance in the WNIT games they've hosted (1,324. 1,482. 2,372) compared to 1,064 and 1,724 for the two games the Buffs have hosted.

Last edited:
Final Villanova possession ... they spread the floor and isolated their player on Lexy (challenge the freshman!) at the top of the key. Lexy played good D on her, forcing her to go to her left and really contested the shot. Nothing easy about the look the Nova player ended up having to take. The shot didn't fall and Chucky skyed for the board and ended up with the ball as the buzzer went off ending the game.

Edit add: Just watched the highlight video and this play is at the end of the video so you can watch it for yourself.

Last edited:
Chucky showed her athleticism so many times last night.

Buffs have an early flight to Stillwater this morning. Spring break in Stillwater. Doesn't that sound lovely?

Years ago, I actually heard the players on one CU women's team griping that they were spending their spring break playing basketball. Some of their teammates were not so happy with them--for obvious reasons to them and the coaching staff. When I overheard this conversation, I wondered why they accepted scholarships to play basketball if they didn't want to play in the NCAA tournament, which happens in March.

Years ago, I actually heard the players on one CU women's team griping that they were spending their spring break playing basketball. Some of their teammates were not so happy with them--for obvious reasons to them and the coaching staff. When I overheard this conversation, I wondered why they accepted scholarships to play basketball if they didn't want to play in the NCAA tournament, which happens in March.

Just a guess, but probably because they wanted a free education.

Just a guess, but probably because they wanted a free education.

It's not exactly free for all the work they have to do and these players were on a ranked team. Maybe they didn't want to be that good?

It's not exactly free for all the work they have to do and these players were on a ranked team. Maybe they didn't want to be that good?

Maybe the best thing about the cultures that Tad and Linda have established is that if you don't love basketball and competing, then this isn't the place for you. We'll continue beating more talented teams as long as that's the case.

Maybe the best thing about the cultures that Tad and Linda have established is that if you don't love basketball and competing, then this isn't the place for you. We'll continue beating more talented teams as long as that's the case.

That is so true. This was a Ceal Barry coached team, but one of the first to make the NCAA tournament. Maybe this group of players didn't get that the goal was to play in March. Some of their teammates definitely did and were not happy with those that did not want to playing over spring break.

Back