What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lamb Arrogance- Reason Why CU MUST Beat CSU In A Month

The article says it all...csewe's relevance is always defined by a comparison to the flagship, their big brother, CU. Win or lose, and it is usually lose for the goats, they are still csewe.

If CU ever gets a commit whose first priority is to comment on CSU, his offer should be pulled instantly.

For a CSU commit, OTOH, it is the ultimate sign that the kid is going to fit in perfectly in Fort Fun.

Embree went 1-1 against CSU, Hawk was 3-2, so curious if any coach in CU history has had a losing record against CSU? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I can't think of any.

McElwain has never turned around a turd like CSU, Mac has turned around a turd like CU.

3 years...CU will be dominant in the series again...

The fact that lamb fan is gushing about getting a player to go to CSU over CU, despite the fact that the kid is unrated, didn't even have a CU offer and only other offer was to New Mexico State tells you all you need to know about lamb fan.

Sigh. I'll spell it out for you since you didn't seem to get my point.

1. MM and staff are coaching CU for the first time EVER, so this will be their first live action and thus there will be a lot steeper learning curve for them to adjust to versus teams who can do the normal improvement from week 1 to week 2 under already established coaching staffs.

2. The reason I say that week 2 or 3 would be different is because not only are the first time kinks worked out, but also because teams that have a talent advantage have started to find their groove and are much less likely to be upset by an inferior opponent as that talent advantage is now becoming more significant. This is why you see way more "big" upsets in the first weekend every year, but many less of these upsets afterwards.

As for doubting this coaching staff if they lose to CSU. You serious Clark? Nobody in their right mind can judge MM and staff based on a sample of their first and only game at Colorado.

I'm afraid this is correct. We will get the Ram's best effort of the season of course and unfortunately, due to NCAA rules, our coaching staff has had 4 weeks to work with this team and they will have something like 4 more, with only several full contact practices. They are still learning what they have, who can step up in games, etc. The players will be confused at times, this is what always happens.

And CSU is expected to be much improved as they return most of their key players. I think this is an evenly matched game with CU having a few difference makers, but CSU having the "super-bowl" mentality, confidence, and continuity on their side factor. It's a pick-em and I don't think people should expect a win and be down on the staff with a loss. Rebuilding takes longer than 4 weeks.

I really don't know which would be worse though. Playing CSU or Central Arkansas in the first game. I actually believe Central Arkansas is better.

I'm afraid this is correct. We will get the Ram's best effort of the season of course and unfortunately, due to NCAA rules, our coaching staff has had 4 weeks to work with this team and they will have something like 4 more, with only several full contact practices. They are still learning what they have, who can step up in games, etc. The players will be confused at times, this is what always happens.

And CSU is expected to be much improved as they return most of their key players. I think this is an evenly matched game with CU having a few difference makers, but CSU having the "super-bowl" mentality, confidence, and continuity on their side factor. It's a pick-em and I don't think people should expect a win and be down on the staff with a loss. Rebuilding takes longer than 4 weeks.
You don't have to "rebuild" to beat CSU, you just need to not make stupid ****ing coaching errors. The line has moved from +3.5 CU to -1.5 CU, I'll let ya figure out what that means.

You don't have to "rebuild" to beat CSU, you just need to not make stupid ****ing coaching errors. The line has moved from +3.5 CU to -1.5 CU, I'll let ya figure out what that means.
It means you don't seem to understand how the line is set....

It means you don't seem to understand how the line is set....
Means little money is going towards CSU -3.5, a 5 point swing is a significant one and shows that betters are still willing to put money on CU despite how bad we were last year and it being MM's first game.

Means little money is going towards CSU -3.5, a 5 point swing is a significant one and shows that betters are still willing to put money on CU despite how bad we were last year and it being MM's first game.
I retract my prior statement, and offer my apology.

I retract my prior statement, and offer my apology.

He's all growns up. I'd also offer that there is a subtle suggestion that our emotional betters have more economic sway than CSU's emotional betters. I'm not really sure how much a jizz mopper makes these days, to be honest.

[video=youtube;6KALJy9fw2Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KALJy9fw2Q[/video]

Buffs win 52-17.

of course, i say this every year and for the last decade or so, i've been wrong nearly half the time. :rofl:

it is just a game on the schedule. this year is going to be difficult. it would be great to get a few wins early, especially against weak-ass teams like csu.

Because I don't think he's a bad coach. He was a bad head coach and should never have been put into that position.

maybe he should have left with a little more class than he did then.

Buffs win 52-17.

of course, i say this every year and for the last decade or so, i've been wrong nearly half the time
. :rofl:

it is just a game on the schedule. this year is going to be difficult. it would be great to get a few wins early, especially against weak-ass teams like csu.

I'd say you've been wrong the whole decade calling out that score.

maybe he should have left with a little more class than he did then.
I'm not going to argue with you on that, for sure. My initial point was that we might have our first good coaching staff since Barnett. I sure hope so.

I don't think of it as the CSU game. It's Mike MacIntyre's debut as CU's head coach.
Does this debutant and his former SJSU coaches leave a favorable first impression on game day?

Regardless of the opponent, this game will provide proof of MM's coaching chops. Based on this performance I will begin forming my opinion of this hire.

The fact that the game is against CSU means little. After the ass whooping Fresno State administered last year, I have seen what an embarrassing loss looks like.

If its a cripple fight that is punctuated by CU's stupid penalties, a sputtering offense, and a soft defense, then even a victory would be hollow.

If CU actually strings together four quarters of watchable football, I'll be happy.

This whole Cinch Jeans Rocky Mountain Showdown at Sports Authority Stadium brought to you by King Soopers aspect is just meaningless fluff and artificial pageantry.

I don't think of it as the CSU game. It's Mike MacIntyre's debut as CU's head coach.
Does this debutant and his former SJSU coaches leave a favorable first impression on game day?

Regardless of the opponent, this game will provide proof of MM's coaching chops. Based on this performance I will begin forming my opinion of this hire.

The fact that the game is against CSU means little. After the ass whooping Fresno State administered last year, I have seen what an embarrassing loss looks like.

If its a cripple fight that is punctuated by CU's stupid penalties, a sputtering offense, and a soft defense, then even a victory would be hollow.

If CU actually strings together four quarters of watchable football, I'll be happy.

This whole Cinch Jeans Rocky Mountain Showdown at Sports Authority Stadium brought to you by King Soopers aspect is just meaningless fluff and artificial pageantry.

If you are expecting a lot in his first game here, considering the state of the program then you are most likely setting yourself up to be disappointed. It can take a while for a good coach to get his system in place.

You convinced me skiddy, I am watching from home...

If you are expecting a lot in his first game here, considering the state of the program then you are most likely setting yourself up to be disappointed. It can take a while for a good coach to get his system in place.

Lowered expectations.
I'd be disappointed if Macelwain clown rapes MM.
anything beyond that is gravy.

Back