What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lamb Arrogance- Reason Why CU MUST Beat CSU In A Month

Agree with Skiddy,

Want to see a team that looks like it is coached by someone who actually knows how to coach a college football team.

I think if we do that we win anyways, CSU is not a good football team. If we don't then we might as well get ready for a really long year even if we do manage to win.

I was definitely more confident about this game last year and I can't figure out why... Totally torn, I am going to watch without expectations and try to enjoy it or change the channel. Go Buffs!

I do NOT WANT TO SEE A CU HEAD COACH LOOKING SHELL SHOCKED AT THE END OF THE GAME!!!!!

I do NOT WANT TO SEE A CU HEAD COACH LOOKING SHELL SHOCKED AT THE END OF THE GAME!!!!!

It would be a major improvement if the CU head coach didn't look shell shocked at the start of the game.

I want to see an offense put up points. That's all I really care about in 2013.

Sigh. I'll spell it out for you since you didn't seem to get my point.

1. MM and staff are coaching CU for the first time EVER, so this will be their first live action and thus there will be a lot steeper learning curve for them to adjust to versus teams who can do the normal improvement from week 1 to week 2 under already established coaching staffs.

2. The reason I say that week 2 or 3 would be different is because not only are the first time kinks worked out, but also because teams that have a talent advantage have started to find their groove and are much less likely to be upset by an inferior opponent as that talent advantage is now becoming more significant. This is why you see way more "big" upsets in the first weekend every year, but many less of these upsets afterwards.

As for doubting this coaching staff if they lose to CSU. You serious Clark? Nobody in their right mind can judge MM and staff based on a sample of their first and only game at Colorado.

Good lord... you sarcastically "spell out" your argument as if I didn't understand your point, while my own point completely went over your head. oh the irony. What I'm saying is I'm tired of hearing bull**** excuses. You see more upsets in week 1 than week 2 yes, but do you have any evidence that those upsets would not have happened if those games were played in week 2 instead? no, because that is a bull**** excuse. And you never hear good coaches say "well we would have beat them if we played them next week instead of this week", that is a total loser mentality. Is it possible that the result would be different, yes but it's also possible that the result would be the same. Is it a bull**** excuse that makes you look like a loser if you use it? Hell yes. Besodes. we were one of the very worst teams in college football last year... and we still severely out-talented CSU. If you don't think it's a problem if our new coach can't beat CSU, I don't know what to say... I mean, I'm not saying we should immediately fire him if he loses but if you don't see it as a bad sign...

I still do not think CSU can stop Powell. I mean the guy had over 4 yds/carry agains the PAC12 schools. Last year he didn't play running back against the lambs. This game will depend on Connor Wood rising to the occasion.

**Silence of the Lambs September 1st**

I still do not think CSU can stop Powell. I mean the guy had over 4 yds/carry agains the PAC12 schools. Last year he didn't play running back against the lambs. This game will depend on Connor Wood rising to the occasion.

**Silence of the Lambs September 1st**

Other than Tonga they have maybe the smallest defensive line we will face all season. Three starters from last year are gone and they will be playing guys in the 260-275 lb range in the middle and we will see some ends that are 250 and under. Behind this is a LB corp that includes Barnett who killed us last year (thanks JE for not making an adjustment) and is experieneced but not exactly the fast. With any kind of coaching we should be able to run them into submission and force them to play up opening things up for the passing attack.

D
ava4eded.jpg

Other than Tonga they have maybe the smallest defensive line we will face all season. Three starters from last year are gone and they will be playing guys in the 260-275 lb range in the middle and we will see some ends that are 250 and under. Behind this is a LB corp that includes Barnett who killed us last year (thanks JE for not making an adjustment) and is experieneced but not exactly the fast. With any kind of coaching we should be able to run them into submission and force them to play up opening things up for the passing attack.

Didn't Shaq Barrett play as an undersized DE last year? I think they signed some Dline JUCOs that will upgrade that position group somewhat, at least on paper, and also allow Barnett to shift back to his natural OLB position in the 3-4. I'm not suggesting they are great, but the CSU D will probably be better this year.

Didn't Shaq Barrett play as an undersized DE last year? I think they signed some Dline JUCOs that will upgrade that position group somewhat, at least on paper, and also allow Barnett to shift back to his natural OLB position in the 3-4. I'm not suggesting they are great, but the CSU D will probably be better this year.

Shaq Barrett played kind of a hybrid. They listed him as a LB but he played a lot of downs, mostly passing downs, with his hand on the ground or as a stand-up edge rusher. He is cleary the most talented player they have and is a guy that has to be accounted for. That said a number of teams on their schedule were able to negate him pretty effectively, JE made no adjustments and he killed us.

I'm not an expert on their personell but did some looking. They did bring in some JC D-linemen but these were not exactly highly sought after guys and they continue the trend of being undersized for interior DL. They are listed at 260-275 in the stuff I found but look like those numbers might be inflated and that the weight they have isn't all muscle. Regardless they are absolutely not PAC level players.

I don't know that their D will be better this year. The guys they lost on the D-line were not big either but they were pretty active and experienced. They do return what was basically their entire starting d-backfield (Thomas who graduated started against us but missed most of the season w/ injury so hard say they lost a starter there.) Bell is pretty good but again they were exposed all season by teams that took advantage of them with better athletes. PRich could have a field day as could our bigger possession guys in McColloch and Spruce.

This may be one of only a couple of times we get to say this all year but we are much better than they are athletically almost across the board. They have a few individual standout players but this is a team that won a total of 4 games last year including the one we gave them. Had we not screwed up it would have been their fourth consequitive 3-9 season playing in the MWC with a collection of other bad teams.

This game is going to be all about coaching and preparation. If M2 has the team ready to go and coaches like a quality college HC then we win, if not then CSU has a good chance like last year.

Shaq Barrett played kind of a hybrid. They listed him as a LB but he played a lot of downs, mostly passing downs, with his hand on the ground or as a stand-up edge rusher. He is cleary the most talented player they have and is a guy that has to be accounted for. That said a number of teams on their schedule were able to negate him pretty effectively, JE made no adjustments and he killed us.

I'm not an expert on their personell but did some looking. They did bring in some JC D-linemen but these were not exactly highly sought after guys and they continue the trend of being undersized for interior DL. They are listed at 260-275 in the stuff I found but look like those numbers might be inflated and that the weight they have isn't all muscle. Regardless they are absolutely not PAC level players.

I don't know that their D will be better this year. The guys they lost on the D-line were not big either but they were pretty active and experienced. They do return what was basically their entire starting d-backfield (Thomas who graduated started against us but missed most of the season w/ injury so hard say they lost a starter there.) Bell is pretty good but again they were exposed all season by teams that took advantage of them with better athletes. PRich could have a field day as could our bigger possession guys in McColloch and Spruce.

This may be one of only a couple of times we get to say this all year but we are much better than they are athletically almost across the board. They have a few individual standout players but this is a team that won a total of 4 games last year including the one we gave them. Had we not screwed up it would have been their fourth consequitive 3-9 season playing in the MWC with a collection of other bad teams.

This game is going to be all about coaching and preparation. If M2 has the team ready to go and coaches like a quality college HC then we win, if not then CSU has a good chance like last year.

Fair enough. I think the secondary was ok, but the rush defense was their weakness. It's hard to revover when you have two Dline starters kicked off/leave the team before the August camp.

Despite their 4 win record, CSU really improved dow the stretch last year. However, it's hard to say if this was just a softening of the schedule or real improvement. They played SJSU, Utah State, Fresno State early in the season and got blown out, then had New Mexco State and its ilk toward the end and won a few.

Three of their four wins came against teams among the worst five teams in D1 last year and there highest was like #103 or some ****

CSU has an easier path to success on the field than we do. They are relaxing admission standards heavily and loading up on JUCOs, utilizing the KJCU model effectively.

They are learning from Bama. At least they are making an attempt to become successful and it appears the admin is staying out of the way.

Back