What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lammies can Fairchild (was: To add insult to CSU's injury...)

It would go a long way to improving the perception of football in the state of Colorado if they could make a nice hire. I'm hoping the school, students and alumni are really able to step up here.

The "perception" of college football is a made up term by the Denver media during RMS week. The only perception of football in Colorado that is relevant to CU is how well CU is doing.

I think I can safely say Oregon is on another planet in terms of AD funding than CSU is or ever will be.

All a matter of degree. Stryker could make a donation that would put CSU in very good shape if she wanted to, which is all CC was saying.

All a matter of degree. Stryker could make a donation that would put CSU in very good shape if she wanted to, which is all CC was saying.

I am hearing that the AD may actually have been fired for cause, meaning scandal. Don't think that will help in the donations department.

The "perception" of college football is a made up term by the Denver media during RMS week. The only perception of football in Colorado that is relevant to CU is how well CU is doing.

This. CU will forever be the only nationally relevant team in Colorado.

You took my post the wrong way. I suspect GB has some investment income (if he is smarter with his money than he is with his mouth). My point is $1m a year is a pretty sweet (and hard to turn down) offer for a guy that hasn't worked in a few years. And it isn't like GB was pulling in Saban dollars at CU.

Actually, no I didn't. The ONLY reason he would coach is because he wants to be a coach again. The money would be a nice side benefit....but not needed in the least

If Barnett is even remotely interested in coaching again, I would think Illinois would come calling. He coached the B1G before and got lowly Northwestern to a Rose Bowl.

The love affair for Barney in this thread is comical. Very comical.

Say what you will about the guy, but he knows how to coach and get the most out of the talent he has. Not the best recruiter by any stretch, but I think he's the exact kind of coach a school like CSU needs.

CSU is not as broke as you think it is. The University just raised nearly $500 Million in 4 years for on-campus improvments. There is no reason it can't make another large fundraising push for its athletic department.

Except for the small detail that nobody goes to games. Outside of a big donor like Stryker, who is going to give money for CSU athletics? Your own fans won't even make the drive to Ft. Fun to watch the team play.

Say what you will about the guy, but he knows how to coach and get the most out of the talent he has. Not the best recruiter by any stretch, but I think he's the exact kind of coach a school like CSU needs.

Barnett is a 7-5 type of coach with baggage. CSU could do much better

What about Wulff? Would he be an attractive choice for a HC position anywhere else?

Barnett is a 7-5 type of coach with baggage. CSU could do much better

They're a sub-.500 team historically with limited resources and very little fan support. Why do you think they could do better than a guy like Barnett?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around seeing "Lammies" and "major announcement" in the same sentence.... :huh:

They're a sub-.500 team historically with limited resources and very little fan support. Why do you think they could do better than a guy like Barnett?

Because Barnett wouldn't bring any life to the program. There are plenty of young assistants I would go with before I'd hire a retread like Barnett (who let's be honest flamed out at both Northwestern and Colorado at the end)

Back