1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lance Carl Q&A from CU @ the Game - Recruiting interview

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Recruiting Central' started by Darth Snow, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Part 2 is on recruiting. Snippet here. Recommend reading the whole thing. AND the first one!

http://www.cuatthegame.com/2016/q-a-with-lance-carl-part-two/

4DemBuffs, dply and Buffnik like this.
  2. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

Great feedback from Lance. Love hearing how close we are and the momentum we're gaining with new coaches and facilities...now just win baby!

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Eye-opening how much the recruiting strategy has changed in a span of 3-4 years.

Bufffan68 likes this.
  4. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

Lance made a point about how young Mac's staff was that he brought from SJSU vs. Mac I. I read into that as Lance saying Mac I's coaches were legit big program coaches. Now that Mac II is getting some legit P5 coaches in here, the culture and recruiting strategy is changing. I understand why MMac brought in his guys...they knew his system and he didn't want to have to train a brand new staff. He was given a good salary pool to get some P5 coaches in here and didn't do so...that may end being his undoing if he ends up losing his job this season.

5. Tatanka™

Tatanka™ Well-Known Member

I love that he called CSU the Lambs in part 1:
    :LOL:

bombay, aik, Bufffan68 and 1 other person like this.
  6. DavisBuff

DavisBuff Club Member Club Member

It is puzzling that carl lists several coaches involved in recruiting Texas and Jeffcoat is not on that list.
    "I’m excited that we have TCU on the schedule; Texas A&M on the schedule. Because we are going to start winning in Texas, recruiting-wise. Mike MacIntyre will be with Darian Hagan in south Dallas, Darrin will be in Dallas; Leavitt will be in Dallas, and put Charles Clark down there. Put those guys down there … Houston’s a hot bed of talent, too. There are so many players down there, and there are so many kids who want to get out of Texas. If you can identify them early, which Darrin can do. He’s got major connections down there, with the high schools."
    It is baffling that Jeffcoat hasn't done more recruiting in Texas. He seems like he would be very successful if he put in the effort. And it seems like MacIntyre would not tolerate coaches that don't put in the effort. It doesn't add up. This is going to be a very interesting year both on the field and on the recruiting battle grounds. With the energy and momentum that is growing all involved are going to have to perform or they will get left behind.

7. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

These interviews with Lance have been great. Speaks very candidly and you can tell instantly how much passion he has in representing his alma mater. I wasn't of much age to be paying attention during his playing days so my first introduction to Lance Carl was in the 30 For 30. Guys like him and Medford Moorer remaining close to CU athletics is huge.

Bufffan68 likes this.