What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lance Carl Q&A from CU @ the Game - Recruiting interview

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Part 2 is on recruiting. Snippet here. Recommend reading the whole thing. AND the first one!

http://www.cuatthegame.com/2016/q-a-with-lance-carl-part-two/

Will the Buffs be doing more in-season official visits, now that the Champions Center is complete?

This year, we’ll be going more in that direction. One thing Mike and I have talked about … some kids have to visit in January or late December, but, if you can get them here, by Hell or highwater during the football season, you want to get them here. A fall game in Folsom? The energy of the stadium. Seeing Ralphie run. You can’t replicate that with a video. We have to take advantage of everything we have. We’ve got more than most schools, so why not showcase it whenever you can?

If we are sitting at 8-5 or 9-4, which, if we won those fourth quarter games last year that’s where we’re at, it’s a whole different dynamic. We’ve lost a generation of kids, knowing what Colorado football is all about. The only thing that rectifies that is winning. The Champions Center will definitely help you. The right coaches will definitely help you. Drew Wilson, the new conditioning coach, is definitely going to help us, but nothing helps you like winning games.

Great feedback from Lance. Love hearing how close we are and the momentum we're gaining with new coaches and facilities...now just win baby!

Eye-opening how much the recruiting strategy has changed in a span of 3-4 years.
Lance made a point about how young Mac's staff was that he brought from SJSU vs. Mac I. I read into that as Lance saying Mac I's coaches were legit big program coaches. Now that Mac II is getting some legit P5 coaches in here, the culture and recruiting strategy is changing. I understand why MMac brought in his guys...they knew his system and he didn't want to have to train a brand new staff. He was given a good salary pool to get some P5 coaches in here and didn't do so...that may end being his undoing if he ends up losing his job this season.

It is puzzling that carl lists several coaches involved in recruiting Texas and Jeffcoat is not on that list.
"I’m excited that we have TCU on the schedule; Texas A&M on the schedule. Because we are going to start winning in Texas, recruiting-wise. Mike MacIntyre will be with Darian Hagan in south Dallas, Darrin will be in Dallas; Leavitt will be in Dallas, and put Charles Clark down there. Put those guys down there … Houston’s a hot bed of talent, too. There are so many players down there, and there are so many kids who want to get out of Texas. If you can identify them early, which Darrin can do. He’s got major connections down there, with the high schools."
It is baffling that Jeffcoat hasn't done more recruiting in Texas. He seems like he would be very successful if he put in the effort. And it seems like MacIntyre would not tolerate coaches that don't put in the effort. It doesn't add up. This is going to be a very interesting year both on the field and on the recruiting battle grounds. With the energy and momentum that is growing all involved are going to have to perform or they will get left behind.

These interviews with Lance have been great. Speaks very candidly and you can tell instantly how much passion he has in representing his alma mater. I wasn't of much age to be paying attention during his playing days so my first introduction to Lance Carl was in the 30 For 30. Guys like him and Medford Moorer remaining close to CU athletics is huge.

Back