What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lane Kiffin fired

I suppose its a matter of opinion. I am basing this purely on my own thoughts about how I felt Hawkins should have been fired. I seriously thought he should have been fired on the sideline at Toledo and told to figure out his own way home. I still feel that way.

fify

You were a year too patient.

fify

You were a year too patient.
Cal was different. Bohn, DiStiff, Benson and a bunch of Regents were at that game. It was right after it was announced that we were going to the PAC, and they had something like 10,000 Buff fans in the stands. They had a huge caravan across California to get alumni engaged. They invested a lot in that game. They NEEDED a decent showing. Not necessarily a win, but a decent accounting of themselves. They shat the bed and Hawkins just had this bewildered look on his face. He knew how important that game was. Of all the games they played that year, that was the one we absolutely needed. He should never have been allowed on the team bus, much less the team plane.

Cal was different. Bohn, DiStiff, Benson and a bunch of Regents were at that game. It was right after it was announced that we were going to the PAC, and they had something like 10,000 Buff fans in the stands. They had a huge caravan across California to get alumni engaged. They invested a lot in that game. They NEEDED a decent showing. Not necessarily a win, but a decent accounting of themselves. They shat the bed and Hawkins just had this bewildered look on his face. He knew how important that game was. Of all the games they played that year, that was the one we absolutely needed. He should never have been allowed on the team bus, much less the team plane.

I hear you. And there's a part of me that is happy that Bruce and Phil got royally embarrassed that day after they pulled the "retain HaLkins reversal" the year before during Thanksgiving week. A small part due to the collateral damage, but it's there.

Why the hell are they discussing replacements? Not like any of the candidates they are looking at are going to get up and leave their jobs midseason. There will have to be a temporary replacement.

If the Broncs go to the Super Bowl SC will not see A coach until Feb and a recruiting class til 2015.

Somewhere out there (Knoxville) there is a collective Nelson Laugh going up. Followed by a sigh of relief.

Is a Sunday afternoon PC announcing the firing and interim coach going to send a drastically different message?

Yes.

The point of the firing was two-fold, I believe. One, to get rid of Kiffin. The other is to state, without question, that giving up 62 points to a division foe is absolutely unacceptable. The immediate firing made that second point very, very clear to the right audience.

USC recognizes what a business their football team is.

Yes.

I wish we had their problems. I wish we had recognized the issues before Hawk drove off countless players and recruits and took us to the point that we fill like a 3 win season is improvement.

Di Stiff must go. Unfortunately he will go quietly in the next year and not with the kick off the bus suffered by Kiffin.

Finally, I wish Cabral was still on our staff. Of all of the crap we've been asked to ingest over the last 5 years, he was the breath of what once was. I don't know if it is my final hint of rose colored glasses, but he is the one guy I feel bad about after all of the turn over.

usc... a program that cares about winning. Are able to cut their loses and move on. Losing is UN ACCEPTABLE. CU needs to develop this mentality. I am not saying fire Mac ! I think he is the best thing for the program in the last 10+ years. I am saying the culture around the school and Boulder, that "it is ok to lose" needs to change. The reason the SEC dominates, is because those schools do not accept losing. Those players come from schools where losing is not OK.

I wish we had their problems. I wish we had recognized the issues before Hawk drove off countless players and recruits and took us to the point that we fill like a 3 win season is improvement.

Di Stiff must go. Unfortunately he will go quietly in the next year and not with the kick off the bus suffered by Kiffin.

Finally, I wish Cabral was still on our staff. Of all of the crap we've been asked to ingest over the last 5 years, he was the breath of what once was. I don't know if it is my final hint of rose colored glasses, but he is the one guy I feel bad about after all of the turn over.

Cabral is also a good example of knowing when its time to move on. For Cabral that was probably when Embree got the HC job over him . He'll always be one of my all time favorites, whether coach or player.​

Fahq, they are gonna beat the crap out of us. We need to break a few legs to have a chance lol. That probably still wouldn't be enough.

Of course he didn't say if anyone else had done so working for him but Pat Haden this morning said that he hashad no contact with anyone who would be considered a candidate for the job so the report on Del Rio may have been in error.

tvr.gif

:lol:

[video=youtube;HThi74D-ygA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HThi74D-ygA#t=35[/video]

I wish I could rep that twice.

:rofl2:

Edit: ymssra. Guys, please hit him for me.

Back