What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lane Kiffin hot seat thread

Fitz is a Great Coach, but he turned down Michigan before Brady H was offered, not sure that he would jump at Texas or USC......But you never know.

Maybe he learned from Barney that the media is chock full of NW grads, and if you leave them hanging, they will be waiting for you with drawn knives for the rest of your career.

[tweet]377105633159307264[/tweet]

someone needs to hook us up with some of those comments.

They have the top receiver in the country by some accounts and throw the ball 21 times???

Kiffen has always bugged me the way he steps in **** and comes out smelling like a rose. He should of never gotten the Raiders job and was horrible at it. He should of never gotten the Tennessee Job and was horrible at it, and he should of never gotten the USC job and of course he is bad at it...Millions of $$$ at each stop. Just cannot figure it out.

This will be a challenge for Haden....Kiffen has to be gone but who does he get. Most of the Top Candidates were reluctant because of sanctions last time. If I were Haden I would be looking at Mark Richt - Richt has no buy out penalty in his contract although he makes about $3.2 million per year.

They have the top receiver in the country by some accounts and throw the ball 21 times???

Kiffen has always bugged me the way he steps in **** and comes out smelling like a rose. He should of never gotten the Raiders job and was horrible at it. He should of never gotten the Tennessee Job and was horrible at it, and he should of never gotten the USC job and of course he is bad at it...Millions of $$$ at each stop. Just cannot figure it out.

This will be a challenge for Haden....Kiffen has to be gone but who does he get. Most of the Top Candidates were reluctant because of sanctions last time. If I were Haden I would be looking at Mark Richt - Richt has no buy out penalty in his contract although he makes about $3.2 million per year.

He has a hot wife.

He has a hot wife.
kiffin2.jpg

[tweet]377105633159307264[/tweet]

someone needs to hook us up with some of those comments.

“It was kind of a letdown,” said an in-state ESPN 300 recruit who wished to remain anonymous. “It's really thrown me off of them. I think everybody thought the play calling could have been better. That game shouldn't have ended like that. You could hear it in the crowd -- the "Fire Kiffin" chants -- it's that noticeable when the crowd is saying it. Probably people who don't even really understand football are noticing that they're running that bubble screen that many times."

More from We Are SC Everything USC, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available in ESPN.com's WeAreSC.
More:
- ESPN Los Angeles' USC blog
- ESPN.com Recruiting coverage
- ESPN.com's Pac-12 blog
That recruit was not alone in his thoughts. Several prospects in attendance -- both committed and uncommitted -- shared a familiar refrain, saying that there is plenty of work to do for the Trojans and that it starts by settling on a quarterback.

One USC verbal commitment went slightly farther than that, saying that it’s “kind of hard right now” to be a Trojans commitment after going back and watching the team struggle against Hawaii, lose to Washington State and part ways with ESPN 300 defensive tackle Tashon Smallwood (Fresno, Calif./Central). That same commitment said the booing in the stands was “a little turn-off” during the game, but that he would give everything a few weeks to wait and see how the season plays out before making any kind of decision on whether to remain committed.

Junior cornerback Stanley Norman (Culver City, Calif./Culver City) was one of several local 2015 standouts who picked up an offer from USC this past summer. Though Norman could not make it to the game, he did watch it and had a reaction.

“As far as the outcome of the game, I knew Washington State would come out playing hard, but words can’t really explain it right now -- I don’t know what to really think about USC right now. As far as USC football goes, I don’t know. They have a lot to work on. … SC does lose a little bit of style points -- they have to lose some points for that one. But SC football is still going to be SC football. They are always going to be a powerhouse; they just have to establish that powerhouse again.”

That last thought from Norman should give some hope to USC fans hoping to salvage a 2014 recruiting class and begin the 2015 class -- the first full class after three years of NCAA-imposed sanctions -- on a high note. One of college football’s blue bloods, USC is one of a handful of programs never more than a year away from a complete turnaround because of the consistent presence of talent on the roster.

And whether or not the fans in the Coliseum got into the heads of the recruits, the conclusions both groups are drawing are becoming more similar. There is still plenty of time to turn the season around and quiet the vocal detractors, but for at least this week, some local recruits wouldn’t seem to mind talk of a new head coach pacing the sidelines in 2013.

“As of right now, I’d probably think differently [about USC] if there was a new coach,” said an ESPN 300 recruit.

Another took it a step further, providing a harsh reality but also perhaps something of a silver lining.

“Talking to some other recruits about the game and coaches -- honestly, USC recruiting would change a lot with a change. … I don’t have anything against [coach] Kiffin personally, but I’m sure a coaching change would change a lot. If something happened, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the recruits came to USC.”

Recruiting is never black and white, and just as there is no consensus opinion from recruits on how the Washington State loss affected their perception of the Trojans, there is no guarantee that a change in leadership would positively affect the direction of the program.

But 14 months after Lane Kiffin and USC found smooth sailing atop the college football world, Trojans fans didn't need long to make their feelings known about a patch of rough water. And in the immediate aftermath of last weekend's loss, it appears that a wide range of talented recruits aren't far behind.

USC won't hire Bobby Petrino. They view themselves as being above the need for that kind of thing. Del Rio is a real possibility, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back