What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lappe's Buffs to focus on details

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Joshua Lindenstein Camera Sports Writer

The results don't start counting until Friday for the Colorado women's basketball team. But to be clear, second-year coach Linda Lappe will be keeping score today when the Buffaloes host the Regis Rangers in a 2 p.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
Click here to view the article.

It's so interesting how the men's and women's teams mirror each other this season. Both are replacing senior scoring and need to use motion offense to score by committee while focusing on defense and rebounding. I think it's good that our coaches are philosophically in the same place. It gives them a better opportunity to talk shop and share info.

Also, I love the two big rules changes for the women. Having the same 3 point line as the men should open up the court and help the more athletic teams. And mirroring the NBA rule on charges with a circle under the basket you have to be set outside of is something I've wanted in college for a long time. It's a player protection issue, but it also favors the more athletic teams that are quicker on defensive rotations and more able to drive/slash to the basket. Considering the level at which Lappe is recruiting, these rules will help us separate from less talented teams.

Is the charge circle being added for mens as well, or just women's?

Back