What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lappe's Buffs will play defense

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
http://www.buffzone.com/ci_16392749

From the Big 12 press conference:

How have things changed on the court since Linda Lappe took control of the women's basketball program at Colorado?

"We play defense now," senior Brittany Spears said during the Buffs' final Big 12 media day appearance at the Sprint Center. "Before, we didn't really do defense stuff. Now we do all kinds of drills."

KMM should be ashamed. As I said all last year, our defense broke down after 2 passes, a skip pass, or dribble penetration. There was no team defense concept and little hustle.

Spears simply wants to end her collegiate career on a winning note.

"At first it was really tough. I know it`s in the best interest of the school, but those coaches brought me in and it was hard to see them go," Spears said. "Now I feel better because I feel like we`re working harder and these coaches expect more out of you and push it out of you. I think it`s a good thing for us, even though I miss the old coaches."

I'm not sold on Lappe and have concerns over whether she was ready for such a big job. But I am 100% confident that her teams will play defense, will hustle, and will fight. Because that's the type of player Lappe was and what she'll demand.

Back