1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Larry Scott: Sunday and Monday night games

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, May 25, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Says he sees a tremendous opportunity to play in the traditional NFL time slots in the event of a lockout: ESPN Podcast

2. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

Thank God! I was worried about all the extra crime.

leftybuff likes this.
  3. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

East coast is still going to be crime-ridden. ACC and Big East football can't keep up...

4. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Would be great for the PAC-12, but not going to happen. The players will fold before August.

5. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

I'll take even one or two games if that is how things turn out. I am not sure if other conferences are discussing the same thing, but I just want to reiterate my love for Larry "Ten-Steps-Ahead-of-You" Scott over Dan "Always-Playing-Catch-Up" Beebe

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Not that we will necessarily be a big draw, but I do not want us anywhere near a Monday night game.

7. BuffaloSoldier76

BuffaloSoldier76 Unsound Meat

This.
    The last thing we'll need is a short preparation week coming off a Monday night game with no byes this season. The two Friday games are already a lot to handle, and the Hawaii game may as well be played on Sunday anyhow.

8. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

It would also muck up travel plans for those who have already booked trips to road games (and home games if you're coming to Folsom from out-of-town)...I'd be pissed if that happened...

9. Buffnik

That's my concern.

Our schedule is tough enough without stacking a bunch of short weeks and not being able to get into a routine.

I guess the other side of the coin is that with a tough schedule, a lot of times a game date that breaks the routines of both teams will generally favor the underdog.

Given the academic focus of the Pac-12, this could cause some pushback from university presidents if there are a number of Monday night games. That takes the kids out of class on Monday and maybe Tuesday.

10. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

Please keep college football on Saturday.

11. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Would be good for the in-state games to be played then, keep the travel shorter and be a "marquee" game that would draw a good audience.

The other alternative is to have the Pac-12 host team play these schedules against OOC opponents only. That way Pac teams aren't road-weary.

The Rocky Mountain Showdown or the "revenge" game with Cal would be our only options in this scenario.

12. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This is the price we'll have to pay for having Larry Scott running the conference. He's going to take every opportunity he can to market the conference and get it's teams on television to the widest audience possible. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that there will be some side effects that come with having an uber-marketer at the helm.

13. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

You need to get over this, We will be playing on THursdays, Fridays at the very least.

14. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

WOW!! An east coast crime blast from Texas?

15. Buffnik

Isn't the violent crime rate a lot higher in Texas than it is in that northeast liberal cesspool where they don't have the balls to execute the mentally challenged?

Don't mess with Texas! :lol:

16. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

:lol3: