What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Larry Zimmer Hospitalized

I'd kind of joked about old folks falling, but trips and falls can be really bad news. It doesn't take much of a fall to cause a serious injury. My prayers to Zim and his wife and family.

I'd kind of joked about old folks falling, but trips and falls can be really bad news. It doesn't take much of a fall to cause a serious injury. My prayers to Zim and his wife and family.

The thing that's worrying me is that I haven't heard why he fell. Sometimes it's not that someone simply tripped, but all that they maybe want to say publicly is that they fell at their home. Could be that he tripped. Could be that he broke a hip or had a stroke or had a heart attack or something else. I don't want to speculate, I just wanted to add to what you were pointing out in your post. All my best to Zim and his family/friends.

The thing that's worrying me is that I haven't heard why he fell. Sometimes it's not that someone simply tripped, but all that they maybe want to say publicly is that they fell at their home. Could be that he tripped. Could be that he broke a hip or had a stroke or had a heart attack or something else. I don't want to speculate, I just wanted to add to what you were pointing out in your post. All my best to Zim and his family/friends.
I read in the news thread about Buck Allen that it was a heart thing I believe. That developing pneumonia is scary **** as well. My lady is only 29 and it about killed her. Prayers to LZ, hope he makes it through it.

Read a Ringo article that said they ruled out stroke or seizure so not sure what caused the fall. Just get better Zim! Karma

I developed an SVT issue. A sudden rapid heart rate. I'd be exercising and my rate would suddenly jump into the 200+ range. They told me it wouldn't cause a heart attack or anything but as I got older, I could faint. So I had that ablation done to take care of it. Maybe Zim has something like that.

I developed an SVT issue. A sudden rapid heart rate. I'd be exercising and my rate would suddenly jump into the 200+ range. They told me it wouldn't cause a heart attack or anything but as I got older, I could faint. So I had that ablation done to take care of it. Maybe Zim has something like that.
Very well could be I suppose.

How old is Zimmer? I know that he was around when I was a kid.

When people get older there is so much that can cause things like this. Problem for lots of older people is that if the get a little dizzy or faint and start to fall they don't have the reaction speed or the physical strength to stop the fall. Then add an increased fragility and you end up with a minor issue becoming a life threatening injury.

My 87 year old mother refuses to take these things into account and has had a couple of severe falls in the last couple of years. Can't stop her because she won't listen but we constantly worry about her.

Hope that Zimmer is able to turn the corner and recover from this. He has been a part of Buff football for a long time and is an important part of being a Buff fan. He is also a genuinely nice and classy man.

Zim has been calling games for at least 35 - 40 years now? That man is an icon and legend in sports radio. Get well soon Larry!

Ebola?

It would suck if Zim couldn't see a return to prominence for his beloved Buffs.

We're pulling for you, Zim!

I get both a little hopeful and scared every time I see this thread is updated. At Zim's age, there aren't really very many "minor" health issues, and the longer he's in the hospital with no real updates coming out, the more worried I become. Someone with more clout than I have should ping the AD for two things: 1. any information for how Buff fans can show their support for Zim (cards, [strike]flowers[/strike] hookers and blow, etc), and 2. any sort of update on his progress.

I just can't imagine not hearing his voice on fall Saturdays, it's been such a steady presence for so long...

My karma to LZ. I can still remember his call at the end of the Nebraska game in '86...

LZ... "The clock is down to 48 seconds... 20 to 10 Colorado leads Nebraska! They have waited... a long time for this.

So many times, the Red Flood has come into Folsom Field and gone back across the border to the north a winner. It won't be this time."

PbP guy..." And Mike Marcus is just going to play a deep offensive safety...."

LZ... "And with 16 seconds left, Hatcher is just going to sit down with the ball... He does! The clock can run out now!!! Colorado has beaten Nebraska!!! The 3rd ranked team has gone down!!! Hatcher doing handstands and throwing the ball up... there it is!!! Three seconds, two seconds, one second.... Its over!!!

Colorado 20 Nebraska 10!!! Listen to it!!!"

Karma from all of us here at allbuffs to Larry Zimmer.

I listened to Mac and MJ at the start of the radio show tonight. I got the impression that Zim is doing well. MJ said he went to the hospital to visit and Zim was up and had showered, shaved and washed his hair. It sounded like he looked pretty good. If it's pneumonia, I'd imagine they want his lungs to be dood and clear before they release him.

I listened to Mac and MJ at the start of the radio show tonight. I got the impression that Zim is doing well. MJ said he went to the hospital to visit and Zim was up and had showered, shaved and washed his hair. It sounded like he looked pretty good. If it's pneumonia, I'd imagine they want his lungs to be dood and clear before they release him.

That's great to hear! Thanks for passing it along.

Zimmer didn't go to CU (Mizzou if I'm not mistaken) but he adopted Colorado as his home and he adopted CU in his heart.

He has never allowed himself to loose his professional demeanor but behind that calm exterior you can tell that he lived for CU wins and died a little with each loss. Our recent down years have been hard for him but he has stuck with it because it is who he is and I think he really believes we are going to be back.

I hope he is healthy and present when we do get it turned around.

Zimmer didn't go to CU (Mizzou if I'm not mistaken) but he adopted Colorado as his home and he adopted CU in his heart.

He has never allowed himself to loose his professional demeanor but behind that calm exterior you can tell that he lived for CU wins and died a little with each loss. Our recent down years have been hard for him but he has stuck with it because it is who he is and I think he really believes we are going to be back.

I hope he is healthy and present when we do get it turned around.
Mizzou. Yep.

It was a year I think SI had us number 1. We were playing Wyoming, I stilled lived in Texas but had a relative sick, couldn't find the game on tv up here. Anyway, it's when Ben Kelly made the kickoff return, never forget that call.

If you need to bet on where a sports commentator went to college Mizzou, Syracuse, or Northwestern would be the safe bets.

His call during the 'Miracle in Michigan' might be the coolest things I've ever heard. So glad he is doing better!

Back