What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Las Vegas bowl interested in Pac-12 Buffs and Utes

IIRC, the Pac #2/3 is now an Alamo Bowl bid vs. the Big XII taking the place of the Holiday, though i don't quite remember what happens to the Holiday. Sun Bowl and the Emerald Bowl in SF are Pac bids as well off the top of my head.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pac tries to get a bowl tie-in with an East Coast bowl, like the Citrus or the Gator Bowl, here pretty soon. The Pac wants to be seen across the nation.

I would travel to a Buff game in Las Vegas - bowl or game against UNLV. Great excuse to get out there.

IIRC, the Pac #2/3 is now an Alamo Bowl bid vs. the Big XII taking the place of the Holiday, though i don't quite remember what happens to the Holiday. Sun Bowl and the Emerald Bowl in SF are Pac bids as well off the top of my head.

what happened to the Insight Bowl in Phoenix? We crushed BC by 40 points in that game. is that game still around?

Yep it goes BCS/Rose then Alamo then Holiday. The Alamo steps in front of the Holiday Bowl after increasing their payouts and signing with the Pac.

The Pac really needs to get a bowl game tie-in with the SEC, in fact the Alamo Bowl would be an awesome location for a Pac-12/SEC Bowl game, but it would take some big cash to break into the SEC's top tier of games.

what happened to the Insight Bowl in Phoenix? We crushed BC by 40 points in that game. is that game still around?

Yes it is still there, it is the #3 (after BCS) for the Big 12 and the 3/4 from the Big Ten.

The Big 12 goes Fiesta-Cotton-Alamo-Insight.

ummm what does insight.com do these days? Were they actually a legitimate company post-Tech bubble?

one thing i mos def didn't like about the Big XII, was the sequence of bowl tie-ins in Texas. if given the choice among "equals", the Cotton, Alamo, Houston or Texas Bowl (whichever is the one below the Independence Bowl in the Big XII order) would probably nearly always take an ATM or Tech over a CU or Missouri for proximate ticket sales/local merchant income reasons alone. hasn't been a problem for us of late, though.

I would travel to a Buff game in Las Vegas - bowl or game against UNLV. Great excuse to get out there.
Would love to go to a game in Vegas. But, they need to allocate some of that Vegas money to fix up the stadium - it is a dump now. A renovated/enlarged stadium could raise the profile to the bowl, and might give Vegas the chance to host the Pac-12 CCG.

Back