1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas bowl interested in Pac-12 Buffs and Utes

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, Jul 29, 2010.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

IIRC, the Pac #2/3 is now an Alamo Bowl bid vs. the Big XII taking the place of the Holiday, though i don't quite remember what happens to the Holiday. Sun Bowl and the Emerald Bowl in SF are Pac bids as well off the top of my head.

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pac tries to get a bowl tie-in with an East Coast bowl, like the Citrus or the Gator Bowl, here pretty soon. The Pac wants to be seen across the nation.

4. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I would travel to a Buff game in Las Vegas - bowl or game against UNLV. Great excuse to get out there.

5. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

what happened to the Insight Bowl in Phoenix? We crushed BC by 40 points in that game. is that game still around?

6. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Yep it goes BCS/Rose then Alamo then Holiday. The Alamo steps in front of the Holiday Bowl after increasing their payouts and signing with the Pac.

The Pac really needs to get a bowl game tie-in with the SEC, in fact the Alamo Bowl would be an awesome location for a Pac-12/SEC Bowl game, but it would take some big cash to break into the SEC's top tier of games.

7. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Yes it is still there, it is the #3 (after BCS) for the Big 12 and the 3/4 from the Big Ten.

The Big 12 goes Fiesta-Cotton-Alamo-Insight.

8. BuffaloT

BuffaloT Active Member

ummm what does insight.com do these days? Were they actually a legitimate company post-Tech bubble?

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

one thing i mos def didn't like about the Big XII, was the sequence of bowl tie-ins in Texas. if given the choice among "equals", the Cotton, Alamo, Houston or Texas Bowl (whichever is the one below the Independence Bowl in the Big XII order) would probably nearly always take an ATM or Tech over a CU or Missouri for proximate ticket sales/local merchant income reasons alone. hasn't been a problem for us of late, though.

10. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

San Diego >>>>>>>> San Antonio

11. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

This. I'd travel to a San Diego bowl game. No way to San Antonio.

12. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

What do you have against Mexico?

13. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

Would love to go to a game in Vegas. But, they need to allocate some of that Vegas money to fix up the stadium - it is a dump now. A renovated/enlarged stadium could raise the profile to the bowl, and might give Vegas the chance to host the Pac-12 CCG.