1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last nights game knocked me off the fence. We need a coaching change.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DavisBuff, Oct 12, 2012.

1. DavisBuff

DavisBuff Club Member Club Member

I concede that most coaching staffs would lose with our talent and experience. CU really has no weapons to work with this year. But, this staff is not showing any signs that they give our players an advantage. Offensively we continue to run the same ineffective plays. And defensively we get beat by the same play time and time again without making any adjustments.
    The play calling and defensive schemes show little to no creativity. I don't see our staff outsmarting the opponents. Even if we do get better talent, the coaches need to come up with game plans and game time adjustments to give our team any chance.
    I love Embree's and EB passion for CU football and really wanted them to succeed, but in the high-paid world of college coaching we need to get more from our staff.
    So who out there would do better?
    If we use some of the money for facility upgrades for a high-priced coach instead could we get:

Chris Peterson
    Les Miles
    or
    Kyle Shanahan
    James Franklin
    Art Briles

2. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

I'm going to nix Kyle Shanahan. We played HS football together. He might be a good Xs and Os guy, but he's not charismatic. Not in the least bit. Not like his father, not head coach material.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

This debate again. awesome.

4. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I really do not see any "good" coaches coming here. Why would they? Terrible facilities, no leadership support, last 2 coaches have failed big time, poor fan support (except Allbuffs), huge hole to dig out of, not much salary, etc., etc...
    we are screwed as fans

5. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Please update the wish list to focus on potential chancellors and presidents.

Once those important pieces are in place, we can move on to athletic directors.

And then we worry about coaches.

6. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

facilities aren't terrible but they are below conference average

7. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

Bring back Gary Barnett! I miss Barney.

8. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

9. DavisBuff

Look at the turn around the Bball team is making with a good coach. Boyle has all the same limitations you are mentioning and he is succeeding. CU has more history with football the Bball so we should be able to attract a great football coach to Boulder.

Embree's hire looks more and more like a reaction to Hawkins failure. At the time it seemed like a worthwhile idea to give Embree and Bieniemy a shot. It just is not working.

I think we attracted two top coaching prospects with Barnett and Hawkins. Barnett was coming down a bit, but still well regarded for his Northwest success. Hawkins was thought to be the best smaller school coach in the country and a good hire at the time. Who knew that Peterson was the brains behind the curtain.

We could pick up a similar hire, say Ferentz or Miles.

CU can still be relevant. At least I hope so.

10. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I really don't think our fan base is bad considering the results since 2005.

11. 30Something

30Something Distinguished Brotha Club Member

This. :stupid:

12. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Just a few "small" gestures by Admin and the AD could instantly make CU a prime coaching situation...

1) announce renovations (they should be ambitious and built as quickly as possible)
    2) announce dedication towards a championship
    3) change the law preventing long term contracts for assistants

Should be easy...

13. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I disagree. Colorado is in one of the four most powerful conferences in college football. We are a flagship University. Fan support is actually decent, get a good product and fans will be there. Recruiting to Colorado is historically not difficult when the team is decent. Colorado can pay a decent salary if committed.

14. DavisBuff

I agree we could bring in a solid coach. So who do you think that coach should be?