What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Last Shot of the Half

BuffDog

Club Member
Club Member
Against KS last year we had the ball with the score tied and the last shot of the game. Result was no basket and an overtime loss.

Against Missouri with a 12 point lead Javon Coney is put into the game off the bench for his only minute of the game for the last shot of the half. Result no points.

Against OSU trailing by 4 points heading into the half Javon Coney is put into the game off the bench for his only minute of the game for the last shot of the half. Result no points.

Against KSU this year trailing by 4 points heading into the half we fail to score on the last shot of the half.

Against Baylor today while leading by 14 points with the last shot of the half we failed to score.

I watched the first four games above in person and the Baylor I just heard on the radio. It is frustrating to watch us be consistently ineffective to end the half. It really kills momentum, doesn't cut into the opponents lead or increase ours. The setup is similar each time. One guy on top with the ball, running the clock out and then usually taking a tough shot.

I don't think it's lack of ability. We simply lack toughness and players who have the clutch gene.

I thought we had a pretty good look on the last shot in the half at Baylor. I was actually extremely impressed with the way Burks passed off the drive. It's a shame we couldn't make that shot, but it definitely was an open look.

I agree the last shot at the end of the Kansas game SUCKED!!!

I can't recall the others.

Of course, since Baylor's always been the greatest team in basketball, it's easy to let these little losses like blowing 14-point leads slide by. Baylor's got an outstanding homecourt tradition - hundreds of games without killing teammates now. Of course, it's only a few since the last Baylor player beat up his girlfriend. Homestreaks are very important.

I can't believe that we didn't hang on for the win. Was at the game yesterday and the Baylor crowd was PATHETIC! After winning the way we did at K-State in a much more hostile atmosphere, would've thought we had this in the bag. Alas, no.

Oops, sorry. I stand corrected. It's not been "hundreds since teammates killed one another" - it's been 152 games. Just after the 2003 season.

I can't believe that we didn't hang on for the win. Was at the game yesterday and the Baylor crowd was PATHETIC! After winning the way we did at K-State in a much more hostile atmosphere, would've thought we had this in the bag. Alas, no.

I am still trying to figure out how we allowed 49 points in the 2nd half. If we had played any defense the last 20 minutes, we would have won that one pretty comfortably.

49 points in a half is unbelievable, especially considering the huge lead we had going in. Allowing over a bucket a minute when you're trying to ice the game?!?! WTF? Did we make any stops?

49 points=easy buckets (dunks) early in the shot clock. Baylor is a team that struggles when they have to work for baskets in the half court....and then they start jacking threes (which over the long run, is ineffective).

49 points=easy buckets (dunks) early in the shot clock. Baylor is a team that struggles when they have to work for baskets in the half court....and then they start jacking threes (which over the long run, is ineffective).

^^^^Mick nailed it. They absolutely killed us inside in the second half reminded me of what happened in the KU game when the Morris brothers got going. Add-in the woman beater hitting a couple of threes and there it was. Then when we answer, we go down for a one and done due to people (cough, cough RELPHORDE) taking stupid inane shots.

Bright side though was Roberson. I love watching that kid. My kids got to meet and shake hands with him after the game and were just in awe. When we left they were like "We're never washing our hands again!" I met Dre's dad too - great guy. They had their entire family up from San Antonio for the game - real nice people.

It would help if they had tried to run some clock in the 2nd. Work the shot clock and stay patient for open looks. Too many shots with 20 seconds or more left on the shot clock in the 2nd.

Back