What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Latest Chip Brown update - 8:30 am CST

Interesting that only NU, MU, and CU refused to pledge solidarity to the Big 12 at their meetings. So presumably the Oklahoma and Texas schools did...f**king liars.

they aren't lying, imo.

they want to keep their kingdom intact. they want us all to remain as dirty little vassal states to lord longhorn.

the leaks are about muscling that result. mizzery and the fuskers are getting slapped around with the "b10 will only add nd and you 2 will be screwed" routine and we are getting slapped with the "we'll take baylor with us instead of you and you'll be left in the wilderness" thing.

this is just naked aggression from the longhorns. if they "win" and hold the b12 together through force and intimidation, this conference is as good as dead anyway.

the entire state of texas can suck a big giant dead green donkey dick.

Interesting that only NU, MU, and CU refused to pledge solidarity to the Big 12 at their meetings. So presumably the Oklahoma and Texas schools did...f**king liars.

I thought it was well known that Texas preference is to stay in the B10, and that is why ultimatiums are out.

I thought it was well known that Texas preference is to stay in the B10, and that is why ultimatiums are out.

Assuming you mean Big XII, I think you are right...

And I think Liver has a point - UT is behind of lot of the "news" being published on this whole deal, with the goal of intimidating CU, Mizzou and particularly Nebraska into sticking around as their serfs...

One thing I've been thinking about is the history between the Pac-10 and the Big Televen. From the time the whole concept came up, we've all talked about how those leagues tend to cooperate with one another thanks to the long Rose Bowl ties. If that's all true, and if the Pac-10 is that anxious to get UT, this is the week for the Big Televen to keep UNL and Mizzou from committing back to the Big XII. Make them offers, make them promises, grease them under the table, but pull those blocks out of the Big XII pyramid. If they do that, they help the Pac-10 get what they want...

I am still puzzled by how anyone thinks the P10 will allow Baylor(maybe), OSU and OU in, academically. I can't see some of those schools allowing all 3. I WSU isn't any great shakes and getting ASU accepted wasn't easy...now 3 more??? Just to appease Texas??

I think they may go with Utah and CU and call it good.

I am still puzzled by how anyone thinks the P10 will allow Baylor(maybe), OSU and OU in, academically. I can't see some of those schools allowing all 3. I WSU isn't any great shakes and getting ASU accepted wasn't easy...now 3 more??? Just to appease Texas??

I think they may go with Utah and CU and call it good.

Because I believe it's being sold as a merger instead of an expansion. Arizona and Arizona State weren't enhancing the Pac's academic rep. The original 8 get to ship them off with the Big 12 South schools and call it a day. It will be the Pacific 8 versus the Southwest 8 and they'll be a single conference in name only. Wouldn't surprise me if they even had separate offices in Los Angeles and Dallas.

Then everyone makes an addition $10 million or so a year. Money talks and UT will effectively kill 2 conferences in one shot this time.

Because I believe it's being sold as a merger instead of an expansion. Arizona and Arizona State weren't enhancing the Pac's academic rep. The original 8 get to ship them off with the Big 12 South schools and call it a day. It will be the Pacific 8 versus the Southwest 8 and they'll be a single conference in name only. Wouldn't surprise me if they even had separate offices in Los Angeles and Dallas.

Then everyone makes an addition $10 million or so a year. Money talks and UT will effectively kill 2 conferences in one shot this time.

Texas = Leafy Spurge

Texas is the Silver Surfer of conferences... devouring one after another as he goes along.

SilverSurfer07.jpg

If anyone thinks CU being in any conference other than the P10/12/16 or the B12 is a good thing, they're ****ing nuts.

CU will never again be relevant in big boy football if that happens. And who the **** is going to be excited to go to Folsom to see SDSU or New Mexico on a regular basis? Hell, we can't pack that place against the big boys. Money will dry up, facilities will not be improved. Permanent irrelevance would be achieved. There will be no digging out of that hole.

If these new superconferences happen, we either need to be a part of one somehow, or we will be relegated to permanent second-tier status.

If anyone thinks CU being in any conference other than the P10/12/16 or the B12 is a good thing, they're ****ing nuts.

CU will never again be relevant in big boy football if that happens. And who the **** is going to be excited to go to Folsom to see SDSU or New Mexico on a regular basis? Hell, we can't pack that place against the big boys. Money will dry up, facilities will not be improved. Permanent irrelevance would be achieved. There will be no digging out of that hole.

If these new superconferences happen, we either need to be a part of one somehow, or we will be relegated to permanent second-tier status.

People on this board are just forgetting that CU is still one of the schools in the top 20 when it comes to alltime program wins.

I showed my wife CFBDatawarehouse.com and pointed to her that CU won like 13 conference championsips between 1909 and CU's first year in the conference that became the Big 8 in 1947.

CU will go through a rough time and then things will be able to turn around...it has been done in the past and it will be done in the future.

What won't change is that Folsom Field is an awesome place to watch football on sunny Saturday afternoons and celebrating at bars and resturants in the evenings. Can you buy that fun factor with money? Me think not.

People on this board are just forgetting that CU is still one of the schools in the top 20 when it comes to alltime program wins.

I showed my wife CFBDatawarehouse.com and pointed to her that CU won like 13 conference championsips between 1909 and CU's first year in the conference that became the Big 8 in 1947.

CU will go through a rough time and then things will be able to turn around...it has been done in the past and it will be done in the future.

What won't change is that Folsom Field is an awesome place to watch football on sunny Saturday afternoons and celebrating at bars and resturants in the evenings. Can you buy that fun factor with money? Me think not.

Yes Folsom is an awesome place to watch a game. And CU will turn around again. Hopefully sooner rather than later. So why shouldn't we be watching two awesome teams vying for the top of a MAJOR conference with 50,000 of our closest buff brethren when that happens?? Settle for some glorified version of the WAC now, and even if we do turn it around nobody aside from CU's hard core fans is going to give a **** that there is a game against San Diego State going on on a beautiful Saturday in Folsom. Not Denver residents, not casual CU fans, not the TV networks that kick in serious money to serious conferences. Give up and settle now, and condemn those future CU teams to permanent irrelevance.

And how will that matter when the Buffs are hosing Air Force for a shot at the MWC title? Nobody will give a ****.

If this goes down, the divide between the 'haves' and 'have nots' is only going to widen. CU is barely hanging on to the 'have' column to begin with. Getting their funding decimated via a move to the MWC would be the death knell for any national ambitions.

Do you suppose that with the addition of Boise St. and (1,2,3 others?) to the MWC. That the NCAA would give an automatic BCS bid to the winner of the MWC. If this is the case I think landing in the Mountain West would be a good thing. We would be the fourth or fifth best team right away and with a bid to win a crystal football playing against teams we can compete against monetarily. I can't lie this will effect my interest in CU football.

Do you suppose that with the addition of Boise St. and (1,2,3 others?) to the MWC. That the NCAA would give an automatic BCS bid to the winner of the MWC. If this is the case I think landing in the Mountain West would be a good thing. We would be the fourth or fifth best team right away and with a bid to win a crystal football playing against teams we can compete against monetarily. I can't lie this will effect my interest in CU football.

Assuming the Big 12 dissolves, the MWC will get a BCS bid. That's also assuming that the eventual 4 16 team superconferences don't just tell the NCAA to shove it.

Getting an automatic bid from the BCS does not matter. What matters is generating enough money to keep up with the joneses. If you're in a conference with crappy teams that gets an automatic bid, you're still in a conference with crappy teams. I'll get my fill of bs teams in the out of conference slate.

Bring on Hawaii in Folsom this year, that should be a thriller.

Back