What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

latest issue of sporting news

I'm pretty sure the ND AD came out and said they will not pursue BK. I can't remember where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure that is the case...

Because they've already got Stoops or Meyer.

Look, I think we're going into a bad time to be looking for a coach, because I think ND, Michigan, LSU, Florida and Oklahoma will be looking for jobs. My take...

-- ND hires Meyer
-- Florida hires Stoops
-- Michigan hires Miles

I think that setup starts an avalanche of crazy coaching moves and CU might get lost in the shuffle. If the above happens and jobs such as OU and LSU are open after that, then the best up-and-coming names will look at them and CU will have to wait around for one of the big names or go for a mid-major guy.

Look, I think we're going into a bad time to be looking for a coach, because I think ND, Michigan, LSU, Florida and Oklahoma will be looking for jobs. My take...

-- ND hires Meyer
-- Florida hires Stoops
-- Michigan hires Miles

I think that setup starts an avalanche of crazy coaching moves and CU might get lost in the shuffle. If the above happens and jobs such as OU and LSU are open after that, then the best up-and-coming names will look at them and CU will have to wait around for one of the big names or go for a mid-major guy.

meyer will stay at fla. michigan isn't going to fire rod yet. it is only year 2.

we will be fine. i hope. :thumbsup:

-- ND hires Meyer
-- Florida hires Stoops
-- Michigan hires Miles

Hard to tell the odds on ND hiring Meyer. I would say <25% chance. If that did happen, Florida hiring Stoops would be <25% chance (with Strong, Heater, and McCarney already there).

I think the Stoops to ND chances would be slightly higher than Meyer.

As restless as the Michigan fans are, I don't think any moves are made on Rich Rod unless the investigation forces their hand. If that did happen, then Miles would certainly be in play again, but he just got a contract extension and might still be pissed about the last go-round.

If Notre Dame offers him a job, why wouldn't he listen?

For starters, it's a huge step down. He can do whatever he wants at OU. He can get in any player he wants to. There are no academic restrictions. He has 100% complete support from the administration - no questions. He doesn't have half the heartburn that comes with the ND job, and he has better chance of success at OU. There isn't a good reason for him to be at ND, and there are several reasons for him to stay at OU. If he were to leave OU for ND, he'd be a complete fool for doing so. I don't think he's a complete fool, so by extension, any discussion of him going there is pure lunacy.

To top it all off, the folks at OU remember what it was like to suck, and they don't want to feel that way again. There is no way in hell they let him go. Money is no object.

meyer will stay at fla. michigan isn't going to fire rod yet. it is only year 2.

we will be fine. i hope. :thumbsup:

Thats my take as well though CBS was speculating Meyers interest is there and Weis is obviously gonna get canned. I dont Rich Rod or Les Miles (8-3) losing their jobs.

We could actually be in pretty good shape this year as there are not a lot of large scale openings.

For starters, it's a huge step down. He can do whatever he wants at OU. He can get in any player he wants to. There are no academic restrictions. He has 100% complete support from the administration - no questions. He doesn't have half the heartburn that comes with the ND job, and he has better chance of success at OU. There isn't a good reason for him to be at ND, and there are several reasons for him to stay at OU. If he were to leave OU for ND, he'd be a complete fool for doing so. I don't think he's a complete fool, so by extension, any discussion of him going there is pure lunacy.

To top it all off, the folks at OU remember what it was like to suck, and they don't want to feel that way again. There is no way in hell they let him go. Money is no object.

Actually, I think money IS an object. They are paying Stoops a fortune, now! They might (ok, not really) go 6-6 this year. (My nephew, a huge OU fan, told me yesterday, after the Texas Tech loss - "At least I know OU will win their bowl game this year.")

This is Oklahoma - and while donations and attendance are high - $4 mil a year is about as high as the University can afford to go with the man. (Especially since his contract is set to pay him $5 mil for the 2011 season)

I have no idea if Stoops would be interested in Notre Dame, or not. I do know that OU is having its worst season in a decade, and that Bob Stoops is Catholic. I also know that Stoops is just now building a new 35,000 square foot house in Norman, and that his kids are all in school in Norman.

I could certainly understand him leaving OU to go to Notre Dame. I could also certainly understand him staying at OU until he retires. It is a great job either way, IMO.

Does anyone really believe that Meyer would consider leaving Florida for ND? :huh:

I could see him leaving. Yes he has a very nice gig in Gainesville... but with 3 national titles possibly in 4 seasons... he has hit the pinnacle there. The only way to go for him will be down, and trust me, the people in Gainesville will get restless if he has a couple of 3 or 4 loss seasons. Meyer is a Catholic, used to coach at ND, is from Ohio originally. I could see it happening... is it super likely that he will end up there, probably not, but I think he would consider it... a new challenge for him.

I could see him leaving. Yes he has a very nice gig in Gainesville... but with 3 national titles possibly in 4 seasons... he has hit the pinnacle there. The only way to go for him will be down, and trust me, the people in Gainesville will get restless if he has a couple of 3 or 4 loss seasons. Meyer is a Catholic, used to coach at ND, is from Ohio originally. I could see it happening... is it super likely that he will end up there, probably not, but I think he would consider it... a new challenge for him.

Then it makes no sense why he would have turned them down in the first place.

Not desputing your points, but Meyer already told them no, not sure why it would be different now.

Then it makes no sense why he would have turned them down in the first place.

Not desputing your points, but Meyer already told them no, not sure why it would be different now.

Ask Roy Williams.

Sometimes, your dream job just opens at the wrong time. Maybe this time around would be better.

Back