1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest on the NU to Big 10...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Jun 9, 2010.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

2. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I can only imagine the situation getting bad for Mizzou if they get left out of Big 10 expansion while NU gets in.

3. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

FINALLY! A reporter who works for an ACTUAL NEWSPAPER breaking news other than Chip Brown on a UT propaganda site!

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

True. Can you imagine if they get stiffed by the B10? They have been pretty vocal about their dissatisfaction and have dissed some of the B12 schools publicly. Talk about a plate of crow to eat....

5. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Fox Sports Ohio is reporting this:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/09/...g-Ten/landing.html?blockID=250141&feedID=3724

6. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I have probably just missed it in all of the (mis)information that has been flying around but the Fox report says that 9 of the 12 schools gave a pledge of loyalty and then calls out Nebraska and Missouri. Is Colorado the other team?

7. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

But at least Mizzou can stand tall knowing that they voiced their displeasure. They may go down, but they go down swinging. The rest of these indentured monkeys like OU and OSU just go along with the program, no questions asked.

8. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

That's what the Chipper keeps reporting - along with us also being issued the famous "deadline."

9. VCBuff

VCBuff Active Member

I think the Big Ten is trying to force ND's hand.

They expand now to 12 to get their CCG and hope that is starts enough of a domino effect with the Pac 10 and Big XII that it somewhat forces ND to join at a later date.

The later date could potentially be very soon if the Pac 10 goes to 16 with the 6 coming from the Big XII or it could come in a few years if the Pac 10 either doesn't expand, only expands by 2 and the Big XII replaces CU and NU.

Pac 10, you are on the clock.

10. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Yes.

11. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I hate nebraska as much as anybody but but I have a lot of respect for their forty-ish year history dating from the early 60s to 2001.

BUT...

Though I've been down on the Big 10 as an over-hyped, underperforming conference for a while now, but it's tough to argue with a conference that boasts OSU, Michigan, Penn State and nebraska. That's some solid football tradition right there...