What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

latest Sandusky accuser...

Crimes like this should trigger an automatic life sentence. I was reading somewhere that ~70% of these child predators ultimately end up back in jail. That's only the ones that get caught too. Sandusky had already been caught once a decade ago, but there were no charges. He must have known that the odds of geting caught were high, but he couldn't control himslef.

I'm certainly not an expert but working with at risk kids I have read some on these kinds of people. Most of what I have read from the experts basically says that these people don't get "cured" or "fixed" and they don't stop offending. The only practical way to keep them from re-offending is to keep them locked up so they don't have the opportunity.

Sandusky doesn't think he has done anything wrong, these guys have thouroughly convinced themselves that what they are doing is harmless and in some way is helping the kids they victimize. I have real concerns that Sandusky will try to find a way to act on his urges even out on bail.

He needs to be behind bars and stay there until there is some way of knowing that for 100% certainty he cannot re-offend, the damage to the victims is to great to work by any other standard.

I also agree completely with Alfred91. This case needs to be kept alive and in the spotlight if for no other reason than to find and punish all of those who knew what was going on or should have known what was going on and didn't make a reasonable attempt to stop it.

Heard on the radio that his wife is finally speaking out, try to link it later. She supports him surpise surprise.

I see the B1G isn't too happy with PSU:

Park Ridge, Ill. – The Big Ten Council of Presidents/Chancellors (COP/C) held its regularly scheduled meeting this week with several items on its Agenda, including the series of events recently unfolding at Penn State University. With regard to the Penn State matter, the Big Ten office issued the following statement on behalf of the COP/C:
The Big Ten Presidents and Chancellors express their sincere concern for any harm done to innocent young victims and their families. Protection of our children is one of society’s most central responsibilities and institutions of higher education should be particularly vigilant. We are committed to examining our own institutions to assure that effective measures are taken to assure the safety of children on our campuses.
It has been approximately one month since the initial release of the Grand Jury report in the Penn State matter and a number of federal, state and institutional investigations have been launched. While it is premature to reach any conclusions regarding civil or criminal liability arising out of these events, there does appear to be sufficient information to raise significant concerns as to whether a concentration of power in a single individual or program may have threatened or eroded institutional control of intercollegiate athletics at Penn State.
As a result, the COP/C has determined that:
· It will gather and review the facts arising out of the allegations in the Grand Jury report that pertain to matters of institutional control, ethical conduct and/or other compliance related issues;
· It will request from Penn State University and the NCAA that Big Ten legal counsel be allowed to participate in the investigations or reviews, as the case may be, being conducted by Penn State and the NCAA as pertain to these issues; and
· It will reserve the right to impose sanctions, corrective or other disciplinary measures in the event that adverse findings are made in the areas of institutional control, ethical conduct and/or other Conference related matters.
In addition, the COP/C discussed the imperative of maintaining the public’s trust in the integrity of its member institutions and, in earning and deserving this trust, the importance of asserting each institution’s control over its intercollegiate athletics programs. The COP/C recognized and acknowledged that from time to time its institutions have failed to maintain the proper control of their athletics programs and that whenever this occurs at one institution in the Conference, due to the common bonds and shared values of the members of the Big Ten, each other member of the Conference is impacted. Accordingly, the COP/C has directed the Conference to initiate an immediate review of the fundamental issues and systems affecting intercollegiate athletics, including the serious issues relating to the institutional control of athletics. It intends for this review to lead to the consideration of a common set of “stress tests” or other criteria that could be applied by the Conference to its member institutions (a) to insure that each member is responsible and accountable to the collective membership of the Conference for the control and operation of its intercollegiate athletics programs as well as (b) to prevent anyone, whether a trustee, administrator, faculty member, athletic director, coach, booster or otherwise, from eroding the effectiveness of an institution’s practices and procedures designed to protect the institution’s integrity and control over its intercollegiate athletic programs. The COP/C intends for the review to be completed and for the proposed standards, stress tests and other criteria, along with the proposed enforcement procedures and penalties, to be presented to it for consideration at a special meeting to be held in spring 2012.

Jerry Sandusky's wife is standing behind her man ... claiming he NEVER raped any boys and insists all of his accusers are making up their stories.

For the first time since the allegations went public,
Dottie Sandusky
has released a statement through her husband's lawyer ... claiming she never witnessed Jerry sexually abusing anyone ... and doesn't believe any of the allegations.

In her statement Dottie says she's been "shocked and dismayed by the allegations made against Jerry."

She adds, "As the mother of six children, I have been devastated by these accusations. "

"Our children, our extended family and friends know how much Jerry and I love kids and have always tried to help and care for them. We would never do anything to hurt them. I am so sad anyone would make such a terrible accusation which is absolutely untrue. We don't know why these young men have made these false accusations, but we want everyone to know they are untrue."

As we previously reported, Dottie helped bail her husband out of jail this morning after he was arrested on suspicion of sexually abusing two more young boys.

There should be a choice: Life without parole or a substantial sentence at minimum with the provision that you must be castrated to be released back to society. Return to prison on manslaughter charge if any victim named in the original trial commits suicide.

And if it were my kid? Firing squad.

Interesting perspective from the president of my university. He said it was a major mistake of the PSU president to say he was 100 % behind his. People. Should have said: we take these allegations seriously and we will begin a thorough investigation immediately.

He also predicted that PSU would not suffer very long with donors and fundraising. Said he thought their fan base would rally. My faculty colleagues say the atmosphere in Happy Valley is similar to the aftermath of a major distaster like a Sunami.

So, should he be dragged out of his house and hanged or should there be a trial first? I hesitate to even post this because I worry someone will accuse me of defending the guy. I'm not. But before judgement, there needs to be a fair trial. I know most of us agree on that.

So, should he be dragged out of his house and hanged or should there be a trial first? I hesitate to even post this because I worry someone will accuse me of defending the guy. I'm not. But before judgement, there needs to be a fair trial. I know most of us agree on that.

Not an irrational statement at all. He and everyone else deserves at the minimum an opportunity to defend himself at a fair trial.

That said, how he is treated prior to that trial has to be based on the evidence that is available with an eye on protecting the public from further harm or damage. If the guy was accused of a one time incident, provoked by some extreem emotional event in his life, and could reasonably be expected not to harm anyone else, then letting him out on bail would be reasonable.

Unfortunately all the information we have points to a guy who has repeatedly and with a high frequency willingly acted in a way that damages other people and who has a network of people around him who have at the minimum allowed him to do it and in some cases appear to have enabled it to happen. In this case he has to be locked up until he gets that fair trial just to ensure that nobody else gets victimized.

He appears to not believe what he has done is wrong and thus has little hesitation to continue it. At some point he may come to the realization that with the amount of evidence against him that he is going to be spending the rest of his life behind bars. He may respond to that realization by thinking, "What I'm doing really isn't bad and I like it so since I won't have chances in the future I might as well do what I can now."

The big issue is a long term pattern of behavior that would lead a reasonable person to think that there is a reasonable danger from Sandusky to others if he is not in jail. I think, clearly, there is an he needs to be locked up.

Interesting perspective from the president of my university. He said it was a major mistake of the PSU president to say he was 100 % behind his. People. Should have said: we take these allegations seriously and we will begin a thorough investigation immediately.

He also predicted that PSU would not suffer very long with donors and fundraising. Said he thought their fan base would rally. My faculty colleagues say the atmosphere in Happy Valley is similar to the aftermath of a major distaster like a Sunami.

They might recover just fine, but the longer this drags on and the deeper the coverup goes, the harder the harder it is going to be to rebuild. From the schools perspective, this would be a non-issue if they had done the right thing from the start.

He also predicted that PSU would not suffer very long with donors and fundraising. Said he thought their fan base would rally. My faculty colleagues say the atmosphere in Happy Valley is similar to the aftermath of a major distaster like a Sunami.[/QUOTE]

Big difference is that a sunami is something over which the school had no control. This disaster is one that they brough upon themselves by allowing the athletic department and JoePa in specific to opperate without oversight or limits on their actions. People feel good about helping victims of a natural disaster, we want the victims to recover quickly and can in some way relate to the idea that in different circumstances that could be us. In this case the school has engendered a level of disgust that will be hard to overcome for a long time.

The only way I can see them regaining the trust and support of the public is to take serious steps to completely change the leadership in the school and to publicly change the culture that allowed the athletic department to do this damage to the victims of these crimes while doing this damage to the reputation of the school. This is going to involve a certain amount of "putting them in their place" actions that may be overkill but show the general public "who's in charge."

There will be those who's loyalty to the university runs deep enough that their donations and other support will not be withheld for long. On the other hand there will also be a significant number who take the "show me some real action first" approach and at least some others who will simply change their support permanently to another direction.

It is also very logical that the President would say that he doesn't expect fundraising to suffer long. He wants to create an atmosphere in which donors feel comfortable in continuing their support and this statement is part of it. Had he come out and said "We are going to lose a lot of donors and others will take a lot of convincing to bring back" that would have justified the hesitancy those donors had and become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Looked at from a logical standpoint, this event is going to cost PSU huge millions of dollars and take a long time to recover from.

1226_cover800x960.png

Sandusky's lawyer hinted that McQueery might be guilty of perjury. This whole thing is a ****ing sick circus, makes me sick to my stomach.

Shouldn't we have an all in one Sandusky thread? Rugged would never leave.

Anyways, Allbuffs lawyers, gotta love Sandusky's lawyer... He is a ****ing caricature!

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for Jerry Sandusky, an attorney for the former Penn State defensive coordinator said on Thursday that his embattled client used to shower with young boys to teach them "hygiene."
"Some of these kids don't have basic hygiene skills," Rominger told the station. "Teaching a person to shower at the age of 12 or 14 sounds strange to some people, but people who work with troubled youth will tell you there are a lot of juvenile delinquents and people who are dependent who have to be taught basic life skills like how to put soap on their body."
http://www.google.com/reader/view/#stream/feed%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Frivals.yahoo.com%2Fncaa%2Ffootball%2Fblog%2Fdr_saturday%2Frss.xml

Unbelievable. It's going to require a jury with at least one person who wants to believe Sandusky in the worst way.

Also, on the idot lawyer front, Jerry the (alleged) Molester's attorney said the victims need to call, 1-800-REALITY. Apparently, that number some is sort of gay hook up chat line or something...:wow:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i...s-turns-a-gay-phone-sex-line-article-1.990880

Teaching hygiene, really? I certainly don't remember anything from Middle school health class telling us about having soap inserted into your rectum on the end of some other older guy's pecker as a hygiene tip. I must have been sick that day (thank God).

Last edited:
Unbelievable. It's going to require a jury with at least one person who wants to believe Sandusky in the worst way.
NAMBLA is probably flooding College station with people right now in the hoes one of them gets on the jury.

Back