What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leach continues to pad his record with cream puffs

stampy

In an effort to strengthen my earlier point about this guy's record at Tech being bogus, I wanted to point out this article on rivals. Grow a pair Leach, you pussy. Also, I hope Mack Brown learned playing cream puffs doesn't strengthen your argument for playing in the MNC after last year...

B12: There are 10 games against FCS (Football Championship Subdivision (i.e., Division I-AA)) schools, a decrease of one from last season. Kansas State is playing two such opponents – welcome back, Bill Snyder! – while Colorado, Nebraska, Texas and Texas Tech are playing none. But Texas and Texas Tech also aren't playing any "Big Six" schools in non-conference games; there are just four "Big Six" schools nationally in that category. This is the fourth season in a row Texas Tech is playing no "Big Six" schools in non-conference play. Yes, you read that right: For the fourth season in a row, Texas Tech is playing zero non-conference games against "power conference" schools. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=935208

Leach is a joke. Eventually, somebody, somewhere, will buy into the charade and he'll go to another school, and be a third through fifth finisher in another BCS conference.

While I agree that our schedule sometimes can be brutal, they should make it a requirement for a BCS team to schedule at least another BCS team to be "eligible" for a BCS bowl. Sure, Boise St is a lot better than Duke, but not everyone can schedule the lower tiered teams. There are rarely any good non-conf SEC games.

I love the CFB season, but having a Big 12-Pac 10 or Big 12 vs SEC matchups like they do in BB would make the season even better.

Leach is a joke. Eventually, somebody, somewhere, will buy into the charade and he'll go to another school, and be a third through fifth finisher in another BCS conference.

Being able to win at TT is no joke, they are what 5th in line for local talent?

Texas can do better with their scheduling, but I do think part of the reason they're playing Wyoming this year is that Arkansas (while not great right now, historical rivalry) pulled out of a previous arrangement to play A&M at JerryWorld this year. I will also say I'm mildly impressed that they will face some non-BCS teams on the road like Wyoming this year, UTEP last year, and Central Florida the year before.

Texas Tech's scheduling is embarrassing. And K-State is going back to their time-honored philosophy as well now that Snyder is back.

Mike Leach is 76-39 (66% winning) in the nine (9) years he has been at Texas Tech. He has never had a losing season at Tech, and has taken Texas Tech to a bowl game every year he has been there.

He sukcs.

Colorado or Texas Tech. I suppose you would be okay with scheduling a couple 1-AA teams each year, right? Hope you will fly out for those games.

CU doesn't have to schedule 1-AA teams.

They don't have to schedule Miami, Florida State, USC, Arizona State, Georgia, West Virginia, California, Oregon, etc. every single year, either.

CU doesn't have to schedule 1-AA teams.

They don't have to schedule Miami, Florida State, USC, Arizona State, Georgia, West Virginia, California, Oregon, etc. every single year, either.

I agree, glad we got that figured out. Does not explain why you're defending Texas Tech's scheduling.

exactly what are we under Hawk? Hawk is what 3-12 against the tough Big 12 North?

that tough nonconference schedule hasn't done squat for us..I'm surprised some Buffs fans are still clinging to the late 80's and early 90's when we had maybe 2 tough games in conference every year..So it was natural to have a competitive nonconference schedule. The landscape has changed big time from those days..

For Hawk's sake he should hope Leach sticks around. He's about the only coach in the conference Hawk has a winning record against..

For the schedule I think this upcoming year should be exactly what we do every year.. One BCS school, CSU, and two other non-BCS games..

I hate the cream puff schedules but as jimmy stated, where has our tough schedule put us in the big 12? I'm not saying play 4 cupcakes like k-state,tech etc..

Some folks like to see they're team play real competition and aren't afraid of risking a non-conference loss to see it.

Some folks are bean counters, who could care less about the opponent, but just want a W to brag about.

I consider the former to be true football fans, it's all about the game.

Over many, many years, Kansas has not scheduled anything less than two DivII schools for their NC schedule and maybe a good Div I school thrown in every once in a while.

I think their AD wrote the book on how to schedule cupcake teams. I was going to make a fat joke about Mangino & cupcakes, but I herd he's on a diet.

Back