What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Leach-TTech negotiations

I think both parties are out to protect themselves and could really careless about what the other one thinks.

Leach wants a fat contract with no restrictions so that way if he pulls off another great season or 2 he'll probably attract a lot of attention and get a better paying job without having to pay back any money.

TTech in the other case doesn't want to fork up the money and watch him leave for another school.

I can see why TTech wants to put all these clauses in the contract, I'm sure they know for a fact that Lubbock isn't the most attractive place for College Football and it probably isn't worth paying a Coach all that money if he's just going to take off in the next 2 or 3 years.

The AD needs to wake up and realize that TTech isn't Bama, ND, Michigan, Florida, or USC. Regardless of who's coaching at TTech Leach or not, they will leave for a better school if the opportunity is there no matter how much you're paying them.

Apparently, Pirate Mike has made it fairly well known that he doesn't dig Lubbock. This is a shocker to the Tortilla Flingers, who regard Lubbock as Mecca, or at least better than Big Spring. Pirate Mike has lost his base, so to speak, as only 40 people showed for the "Support Pirate Mike" rally yesterday. WIth a campus of 30,000 people, you'd think he could get more support than that. Reportedly, the rally degenerated into a sad form of line dancing....

OMG, a Big Spring blast, that's hilarious lol. This Leach thing is getting ugly, I would be surprised if he was back even next year the way the chatter is going.

So Tech wants to keep Leach so bad that they're going to fire him for refusing to sign their contract extension?

Wow. Good luck getting a better coach after pulling that stunt.

If it weren't for the 2 years remaining, this would sound alot like the Patton dance.

Yep, but there are 2 years remaining and Leach has said he is fine just coaching out the remainder of his contract.

Regardless of what is going on behind the scenes, Leach is winning the PR war. Big time.

Yep, but there are 2 years remaining and Leach has said he is fine just coaching out the remainder of his contract.

Exactly. Coach out the term. In the last year, announce that you won't be coming back, ala ricardo. If TT lets that happen....well, we've seen the this before.

Regardless of what is going on behind the scenes, Leach is winning the PR war. Big time.

Agreed. Pirate Mike seems to be holding all the cards right now.

I kind of like Octavian's take on the situation. :lol:

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwt...1&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1&vc=1

IF he is fired....he'll stay in the Big XII b/c people will be more willing to give him a shot....so...

Leach goes to Colorado in eleven months after the fire danny hawkins...

he reopens CU's California pipeline

he insults the entire state of Nebraska by constantly making fun of polka music and corn fields

he beats Bo and Nebraska and CU becomes an trendy annual pick to unseat the OU-Texas hegemony

Boulder becomes a meatgrinder for visitors once again

and Oklahoma State rejoices as the solid #3 in the South as sand aggy falls off a cliff aggy style

or something like that

Before you accuse me of trolling hornfans.com, this was hit #4 from google after searching Mike Leach and Boulder.

If Texas Tech fires Leach in February they are done as a football program.

Tech's AD is clueless.

I know of one very good college coach looking for work right now, but he probably won't like those terms after his last experience...

hint: His name rhymes with Shmagodzinski...

I know of one very good college coach looking for work right now, but he probably won't like those terms after his last experience...

hint: His name rhymes with Shmagodzinski...

Except he has the OC position for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I'm thinking he's more than happy to stay there a couple years.:smile2:

It is looking pretty foul in Lubbock right now. I'd say the BBS community is about 30% pro-Pirate Mike, and 70% is in favor of making Mikey walk the plank....The BOR are having a teleconference Friday, and there are rumors they are rethinking their position because of the beating TT is taking in the press. What a cluster...

UPDATE: Pirate Mike and TT have allegedly reached a deal.

Last edited:
Back