What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LEAST Favorite Moments as a Buff Football fan.....

Unusual would be an understatement. You won't find delusional fans, just ones that'll rip you a new one just for fun. Best board I've ever been on.

Two follow up questions:
Is that a challenge?

What are you doing over here?

Just curious: Has there been a Least Favorite Moments-like thread on an nu board? If so, what was posted? Are nu fans capable of self-reflection when behaviors are not representive of the "classiest fans in football"?

I admittedly don't have much time or patience to lurk on redout or huskerpedia. But if either of you were to link a thread where nu fans provide an inventory of shameful nu moments, I'd be interested in seeing that.:thumbsup:
Dunno if there's been one, but mine would go something like this:
1994 Orange Bowl. Getting screwed out of a national title by the refs and our kicker.
Then pretty much everything since the 2001 CU game. Blasted by: CU, KU, Penn St, KSU, Mizzery, Tejas, OU, OSU, aTm, USC, and TT. Losing to Southern Miss, Ole Miss, Arizona and Auburn. Looking back, it's those close losses that sting more than the blowouts ever did. At least in 07 I knew the team sucked and I expected to lose every week. It was things like losing to ISU in 92 that really, really hurt.

Two follow up questions:
Is that a challenge?

What are you doing over here?
1. Cmon over! If you can hang, you're not gonna be ostracized. There are actually a few of your fellow buffs from this board that hang out over there.

2. I still like to roam around.

Really? Do you have any proof that CU fans talked sh*t about Brook Berrenger, like you asked us for? Or is it just a story you got from HuskerBlueDevil on Huskerpedia? It still amazes me that any story you can concoct about CU fans gets instant credibility in your own minds, but stuff that your fans pull that is way worse is never believed, even when we supply proof (see SI story linked above).

But like I pointed out, Nebraska fans have been saying "Sal is Dead, Go Big Red" for the last 19 years. I still see Nebraska fans trashing Sal Aunese and Bill McCartney's daughter on husker message boards, usually right after congratulating themselves on being "the classiest fans in college football" and discussing how classless KSU, MU, CU etc. are.

Bottom line: Nebraska fans are not classier than CU fans. You are not more knowledgeable than CU fans. Now insert the names of other Big 12 schools and repeat.
The rest of the nation would disagree at that perception of cu especially on national tv with the student section being emptied.

The rest of the nation would disagree at that perception of cu especially on national tv with the student section being emptied.

The same year we had one part of our student section emptied for throwing plastic bottles (2005) you had your fans cover the field with plastic bottles against Oklahoma. Only difference, your stadium crew didn't do anything about it and the officials didn't either. The fact that you bring that up but ignore your own fans doing the same thing just proves my point.

You are not classier than anybody else. Not KSU, not Missouri, not Oklahoma, not Texas, nobody.

It's the preception and cu loses out on that alone. It doesn't matter what you or I think personally - cu will never be considered an elite PROGRAM teamwise or fanwise and you have your own school politics to thank for that.

It's the preception and cu loses out on that alone. It doesn't matter what you or I think personally - cu will never be considered an elite PROGRAM teamwise or fanwise and you have your own school politics to thank for that.

And ever since the Clinton Administration, nor will NU. You have your geography and the urbanization of America to thank for that.

You begin by stating it doesn't what we think personally, and then you go on to make a statement based on...(wait for it)...what you think personally.

What you seem to be missing, is that outside the self-congratulatory lovefest that seems to happen every time huskers congregate, the world doesn't believe that the huskers are the so-called classiest fans anymore.

You see, anybody can be a good fan when you win nearly every game for 40 years, but now that the huskers are wallowing in medocrity, they've shown the world their true colors--and they're not red so much as green.

You begin by stating it doesn't what we think personally, and then you go on to make a statement based on...(wait for it)...what you think personally.

What you seem to be missing, is that outside the self-congratulatory lovefest that seems to happen every time huskers congregate, the world doesn't believe that the huskers are the so-called classiest fans anymore.

You see, anybody can be a good fan when you win nearly every game for 40 years, but now that the huskers are wallowing in medocrity, they've shown the world their true colors--and they're not red so much as green.

And note how the troll starts by talking about our unclassiness, then switches the subject to how "elite" our program is or isn't, and finally segways quickly into the politics of our school. somehow I don't think the nation really cares how liberal Boulder is when they think about how good our football program is, or what our fans our like. Unless, of course, they are the small minority of Nebraska fans who get erections thinking about how CU is just a marijuana drenched communist hippie farm where we plot the downfall of God-fearing Nebraska fans by designing urine-zeppelins made out of Condoms.

Listen here, troll: either be polite or go back to huskerboard and e-mailing semi-naked pictures of Nebraska players to each otherhttp://www.block-c.com/2008/12/22/mailbag-bad-husker-pictures-edition/

And I'm sure that having a qb who has taken 8 snaps, no receivers who have done anything at all, and losing your two best offensive linemen to the NFL will work out great for you. After all, your OC is Shawn Watson! (Enjoy the bubble screens)

I can' see prairie fire's posts unless somebody quotes him. He clearly did something to join my ignore list of three. I find it odd, therefore, that he/she would take the high road here.

When prairie fire says some CU fans were less than appropriate following Brook Berringer's untimely death, I don't doubt it. Bad fans root for all teams.

Note, however, that I don't challenge prairie fire's assertion. In prairie fire's previous quote, he suggested that the "Sal is Dead" event was fabricated by CU fans. Oddly, as Skidmark posted, it was referenced in Sports Illustrated. How self-righteous can a fan be?
Wait a minute Walrus, just where the h#ll did I say the "Sal is Dead" thing was fabricated. I said I thought it was at a basketball game not on the Interstate. Sounds to me like your the one who is trying to fabricate something. I didn't come over here for a pissin contest. As far as me being on your ignore list of three, for whatever reason SO BE IT. I could care less about your list, I imagine it is probably pretty full. Actually it doesn't take much to get on that list does it?

Actually it doesn't take much to get on that list does it?

Just have to be a cry baby hypocrite. According to you and many of your cornhole ilk, it seems, only a few cornholes are responsible for the Sal is Dead episode while the entire CU fan base cracked wise at BB's untimely death.

Get real. As Walrus accurately points out, all programs have their idiot followers.

So the question is, on which side of that line do you find yourself? If you don't want a "pissin'" war, don't engage in one.

Wait a minute Walrus, just where the h#ll did I say the "Sal is Dead" thing was fabricated. I said I thought it was at a basketball game not on the Interstate. Sounds to me like your the one who is trying to fabricate something. I didn't come over here for a pissin contest. As far as me being on your ignore list of three, for whatever reason SO BE IT. I could care less about your list, I imagine it is probably pretty full. Actually it doesn't take much to get on that list does it?

Perhaps we misinterpreted your first post, but it seemed to imply that you thought we were making up the "Sal is Dead " stuff. If that's not what you meant, than our apologies.

Perhaps we misinterpreted your first post, but it seemed to imply that you thought we were making up the "Sal is Dead " stuff. If that's not what you meant, than our apologies.
Thanks, you all did misinterpret my first post. Once again I'll say this one more time I never did like that quote. I still think that was very inappropriate and in very bad taste. I accept your apology.

I again got to see prairie fire's post through a quote.

prairie fire, you may question the number of people on my ignore list and suggest that it doesn't take much to land there--however, I'm in a position to actually know.

I just checked, there are exactly to names on that list: prairie fire and unleash heck. Two, that is all (nor did I edit it to achieve that result, it was like that when I found it).

I'm by no means sensitive, and I value discourse. In fact I value it so much, I choose not to indulge those that would undermine dialogue by not only failing to contribute to it, but actually detracting from it.

I don't only seek out those who share my viewpoint--in fact, I look for those who don't. But I don't typcically spend time on individuals who would rather just stir the pot (unless they're funny or clever) than contribute in some manner.

That's what it takes to be on my "ignore list". At some point, I obviously put you in the "nothing to contribute" category.

Again, ignore list population two. Just two.

Finally, please return and read again your initial post on this thread. I concede that you acknowledged your belief the offensive slogan surfaced at a basketball game; however, if you didnt intend to question the truthfullness of the sign(s) in the freeway, than there's a significant disconnect between your thoughts and your ability to express them in writing--I don't see any other manner in which to interpret that post.

When that ass hole in numbraska hung a banner over the interstate saying 'Sal is Dead. Go Big Red." Huh, now it was along the interstate where that ass hole hung the banner and all this time I was thinking it was at a basketball game in Lincoln. BTW did you see the banner and if so where was it? Or is this one of those that nobody really seems to know but it sounds good anyway?

Thought you needed to read you own post. There is no "interpreting" needed here, you obviously questioned whether the event happened. No apologies needed for this troll.

Thought you needed to read you own post. There is no "interpreting" needed here, you obviously questioned whether the event happened. No apologies needed for this troll.

No, there was actually a sign over an Interstate 80 overpass that said, "Sal Is Dead. Go Big Red." Sickening.

I could wish until I was blue in the face that I wish that sign was a fabrication. But, I would only accomplish dying of suffocation, and the sign still would not have been a simple fabrication.

Back