1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lee Co-Medalist At Bay Area Intercollegiate, Buffs Take Fourth (Women's golf)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by RSSBot, Mar 10, 2015.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Category: Women's Golf

Sophomore Esther Lee earned her first career title on Tuesday after shooting a school record 206 in a 54-hole, par 71 tournament.

Originally posted by CUBuffs.com
    Click here to view the article.

"
    FAIRFAX, Calif. – Sophomore Esther Lee tied for medalist honors while leading the Buffaloes to a fourth place team finish at the Bay Area Intercollegiate on Tuesday.

Lee earned her first career title after shooting a school record 206 (67-67-72) in a 54-hole, par 71 tournament. She shattered the previous record by 16 strokes, set in 2013 by Jenny Coleman.

“It feels really good,” Lee said describing her win. “I have been working a lot with our assistant coach Brent [Franklin] on a couple of things and this week showed that I had been working on some stuff. I think that was the best part to know that my effort paid off.”

The 39th ranked Buffs posted a 13-over par final round to finish the tournament with a 286-289-297—872 at the Meadow Club course.

"

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015