What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Left Guard competition

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
A few have asked questions as to why Iltis is competing at Center rather than at LG where he started and played well vs. Nebraska.

I think this is prudent at this point as we need 2 centers with a lot of repitions in case of injury. Iltis went down in 1Q vs. CSU last year. I think it's smart of Denver to have them compete first at Center and monitor what happens at LG with Adkins, Behrens, and Richter there (plus you have Tau, MTM and Dannewitz plus some other younger guys).

Early camp - Let Iltis and Stevens compete at center making sure we have 2 guys ready to go at this position. Let the other guards get a lot of reps. As we get closer, it will be interesting to see what happens.
Iltis has worked a lot at guard and so I think that remains an option if he doesn't win the Center job.

One report I saw from a Rivals poster has Richter slotted to redshirt. His lower body needs some work and can use a year to work on technique as well.

Other reports have Tau really not competitive there due to too much weight and not enough agility.

MTM has some swelling in a knee and has been sitting for a few days.

Too bad for MTM. He has all that talent and his body just won't seem to cooperate. I hope this changes for him and he can remain healthy for an extended period of time.

I always thought Tau was going to be a force for us. Hopefully he can get in shape and make some noise.

Back