What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Legends and Leaders" Thanks for the laugh today Big 10

I did the best I could do with my 6th grade education, and all the backing I got from the Big10, and to think it turned out as well as it did

Huskermark's presentation of the new big 10 logo...
JoenBigCrayon.jpg

They should have hired a new design firm. I came up with this in two minutes and I think it's better than their trash.

BIGTEN.JPG

They messed it up all the way. I have yet to see or hear anybody that likes the LOGO or division names, The PAC did get the LOGO right!!!!

Nice thread. The only problem as I see it is that all the criticisms are drowning in a sea of ridiculous ads on TV, magazines, papers, etc., etc., etc. How about Acura telling us to buy a car this Christmas season to SAVE MONEY!!!!!!! How about all the Las Vegas ads which are transparently selling nothing but sleaze. So there is a haughty criticism of the Big Ten ads? I agree. But for christsake, people watch and respond to crap like that.

Nice thread. The only problem as I see it is that all the criticisms are drowning in a sea of ridiculous ads on TV, magazines, papers, etc., etc., etc. How about Acura telling us to buy a car this Christmas season to SAVE MONEY!!!!!!! How about all the Las Vegas ads which are transparently selling nothing but sleaze. So there is a haughty criticism of the Big Ten ads? I agree. But for christsake, people watch and respond to crap like that.

Uh, wait a minute here. Who made you the keeper of our conscience?

amen, brother! Or what about those beer commercials which are transparently selling nothing but alcohol? It makes me sick.

No more anal beads for you.
amen, brother! Or what about those beer commercials which are transparently selling nothing but alcohol? It makes me sick.
Sarcasm?

In my dumbest of moments trying to think up division names and a logo for the Big Ten I would have made fun of myself if I had come up with those names and that logo.

That logo is going to look like **** on TV, or did they test it out in 3-D and get a good response?

Those names are stale, meaningless, and pretty "one-sided". Who the **** is going to be proud of winning the "Leaders" division when the other side is the "Legend Champion".

Why not the:

"All-Star Division"
"Benchwarmer Division"

or

Student Division
Athlete Division

You know that Jim Delany is now going to retire in the next 5 years with a clause in his contract that one of the division names will bear his name, maybe both!

James Division
Delany Division

or maybe share the spotlight with his predecessor.
Duke Division
Delany Division

One division should definitely be "Team Ramrod". Who in the **** cares about the other one?

Sure the Big 10 can't count, but they make up for it with poor word choice and substandard graphic design.

loser.jpg

A true Legend. I'm gonna call it the Bob Marley division.
BobMarleyLegend.jpg

Making a run at the ****tiest logo in sports:

_43005619_london_new_pink_203.gif

They spent $800,000 on this logo to represent a $4B brand event. Rorschach anyone?

Back