1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Les Miles: Unlike Talkins, takes the blame for the loss today

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Nov 21, 2009.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Ever here Talkins ever question his time management or coaching decisions in the press conference? Nope just a bunch of I love my players, Coaches are Awesome, blah,blah,blah..

Les Miles was a fool today (much like Talkins is everyday) but he has the guts to put the blame on himself for the loss...

I'd take Miles as coach over Talkins anyday..

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hNACN8RwmDCG9esOoPh4aohL8qjgD9C4BRH80

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

If the LSU fans I know have their way, he might be available... :huh:

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

In fairness to Hawkins, he really shouldn't have to take the blame for any of the losses today.

4. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Les is in a tough spot because while he is a good coach, he's no Nick Saban..

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Les does some goofy stuff, but it usually works so it's not a big deal.

6. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

That would be awesome. Les is a good coach. They were in that game and either team could have won. Tough for him that the former coach, Saban, is in the conference too and successful.

7. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I agree with the sentiment: "If it was up to LSU fans, CU can have him in an instant." Meanwhile, in eastern Okie-land, the doors slamming after Miles gets louder and louder. "You want him, you got him!"

8. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

You know I bleed purple and gold. I have to be honest with you. I had alot of respect for Les Miles - even after his brain meltdown cost his team a win. He let down his players, who deserved to walk out of there with a win. I was listening to The Point After - LSU post game show. Miles was being interviewed, and was stuttering, and struggling for words to answer questions. They asked him why he let 17 seconds run off the clock, before calling the timeout. He said that the timeout had been called, but it was not contacted to the officials. Why did he even bother to utter that absolute BS. As far as I am concerned, and I know alot of Tiger fans feel this way - how stupid does Les Miles think LSU fans are by offering up that as an excuse. He has disrespected all LSU fans. He is paid an incredible amount of money. So,he fabricates crap like that to take heat off of himself. Also, notice he says he is the reason his team didn't finish first. That's glossed over BS. He should have said my bad coaching lost the game - none of this not finishing first crap. He has now completely lost the respect of alot of LSU fans - and let me tell you, my friend - that means your end is very near.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  9. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

yeah, i don't think miles is a good coach. he's just been an incredibly lucky coach (such as getting to the national championship game with 2 losses). his luck just ran out

10. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I don't really feel like this is taking responsibility. To me it looks as though he's blaming a 19-year-old. Call me crazy.

11. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

uhhhhh, see the other thread of Les Miles. HAWKINS (not talkins) is 1000 times the person Miles is. Les Miles is maybe the worst example in the history of college football if you want to talk about someone who doesnt blame players.

12. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

That's exactly how I read that too. He basically just said the QB sucked and he should have known he was going to blow it, thus it's his fault. :lol:

13. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Hey, the guy is a liar - look at the video on the thread Video proof Les Miles is a liar.

14. BuffFan

BuffFan Member

He also dosn't have his players taking some of the heat by shouldering the blame.

15. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

He did the exact opposite of shouldering the blame. :confused:

16. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Jordon Jefferson is a 19 year old kid, Les Miles signaled from the sideline for him to spike the ball with no time left. SEE THE VIDEO