What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let the meltdown begin

so, why didn't csu need more time, patience and endless repetitions to re-build their offensive line?

Helps a little when you have guys who have been back-ups for a couple years developing behind the starters who left.

We have been in a mode of trying to find 5 who wouldn't embarrass us to badly, forget about the idea of depth.

Edit: Our lack of anything resembling DE or OLB play also made them look like superstars.

Last edited:
so, why didn't csu need more time, patience and endless repetitions to re-build their offensive line?

The extra year in the system that included bowl practices certainly helped. But beyond that, it's excuses. CSU's OL should not be more effective than CU's OL this season.

How big was Crawley's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty?

Probably pretty big, but the one I look at more was that BS pass interference call he got flagged on during CSU's first TD drive. Up until that point, we were locking down on their WRs and TEs. The RB out of the backfield was the only part of their passing game we hadn't figured out. Then Crawley got flagged and it was like the DBs got scared to cover down in fear of getting flagged for a BS PI call.

Busy labor day weekend -- just read this thread, feel your pain. I look at this as an opportunity to show real fan dedication.

The extra year in the system that included bowl practices certainly helped. But beyond that, it's excuses. CSU's OL should not be more effective than CU's OL this season.

I will say Hart did a great job cutting back since our ends over pursued nearly all game.

Busy labor day weekend -- just read this thread, feel your pain. I look at this as an opportunity to show real fan dedication.

Must be nice to be part of a ridiculously spoiled fan base for the last 22 years. Wish we could bitch about only winning 7 or 8 :cry:

Most of the CU fans have shown their dedication time and again, only to be smacked down... hard.

Hence why we will have the worst attendance in modern CU history this season.

Most of the CU fans have shown their dedication time and again, only to be smacked down... hard.

Hence why we will have the worst attendance in modern CU history this season.

The fact that we will still average close to 35k a game is proof that the fan support is there. Put even a decent product on the field and it is easy to see that number going up by 15k. That means a huge amount of money for the program.

The fact that we will still average close to 35k a game is proof that the fan support is there. Put even a decent product on the field and it is easy to see that number going up by 15k. That means a huge amount of money for the program.

An average of 35K for a P5 program isn't exactly good fan support

An average of 35K for a P5 program isn't exactly good fan support

It is when we have given the fans so little reason to bother buying tickets for over a decade. We had a winless home season, we have had mulitple ugly blowouts, embarrassing losses, and a general level of incompetence that is enough to make even the most die-hard fans question putting up the money and time to go.

I will say Hart did a great job cutting back since our ends over pursued nearly all game.

Not that he is the incarnation of TD, but it reminded me of the Broncos zone running scheme during the late 90's. Just ride the line until you find the cutback lane for a decent gain and Hart was able to do that pretty good.

I agree but on a run with zone blocking, the cutback is there most of the time. It's not really anything but engage, take your guy where he wants to go, let the back make the read. It's pretty similar to stalk blocking as a receiver, get hands on and let the back read. They didn't just zone, mixed it up well. Hart may be 190 or whatever but he's physical, runs with an attitude.

I agree but on a run with zone blocking, the cutback is there most of the time. It's not really anything but engage, take your guy where he wants to go, let the back make the read. It's pretty similar to stalk blocking as a receiver, get hands on and let the back read. They didn't just zone, mixed it up well. Hart may be 190 or whatever but he's physical, runs with an attitude.

True, but there was zero effort at trying to contain with the ends, even after the 5th time it happened.

Back