What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's all calm down

Am legitimately nervous about UMass next week. And, I'm with Sacky - it's hard to find a single conference win on our schedule unless something with this team changes dramatically.

After stewing for a couple of days... Yeah I'm pissed, its hard not to be, its undeniable how badly they played... they **** the bed in Hawaii. The offensive line was horrendous and they were fighting with each other, Sefo clearly regressed, The play calling was **** but may have been a reflection of Sefo Sucking and Toby's gonna Toby.

That said, I'm taking a wait and see approach. First games are always a craps shoot and there are still at least 5 winnable games and i still expect them to shock someone at Folsom. I'm not nearly as enthusiastic as I was going in...But I'm giving them a chance to redeem themselves

I will say this in a sort of positive vein, some really good teams have struggled against ****ty opponents so far. Baylor, TCU and Arizona did not look good. First games are hard to figure. But that said, I don't excuse Mac for that performance. I wouldve been fine with a poor performance if we'd won. We HAD to win that game. Had to.

@skinsfan55, please kindly link to those posts talking about us still being a top 25 program. Expecting to recruit better and win more games than we have does not equal top 25 expectations.

I will say this in a sort of positive vein, some really good teams have struggled against ****ty opponents so far. Baylor, TCU and Arizona did not look good. First games are hard to figure. But that said, I don't excuse Mac for that performance. I wouldve been fine with a poor performance if we'd won. We HAD to win that game. Had to.

Good teams struggle, but win.

@skinsfan55, please kindly link to those posts talking about us still being a top 25 program. Expecting to recruit better and win more games than we have does not equal top 25 expectations.

Quote where I said people say we are a top 25 program.

I implied that's the attitude that some posters have. That every loss is a huge deal and that we should be winning conference games. We're rebuilding and it's a slow process. Look at where the team was when Mac took over. Jordan Webb probably would have been the starter if not for the legal trouble, Connor Wood was the backup... Harris/Handler were the two best linemen and the defense was total crap. Is it really that realistic to expect us to have made much more progress than this?

Quote where I said people say we are a top 25 program.

I implied that's the attitude that some posters have. That every loss is a huge deal and that we should be winning conference games. We're rebuilding and it's a slow process. Look at where the team was when Mac took over. Jordan Webb probably would have been the starter if not for the legal trouble, Connor Wood was the backup... Harris/Handler were the two best linemen and the defense was total crap. Is it really that realistic to expect us to have made much more progress than this?
Are you serious? YES, it is absolutely realistic to expect us to be better than when Mac got here.

I agree, it is horribly unfair for posters to expect to win any conference games. Unfair to expect to beat Hawaii as well.

Christ. How many times do I have to say it? IT DOESNT MATTER HOW WE RESPOND! We already saw how they treat a must win game. If they can't see how vital the Hawaii game was, how are they supposed to see the importance of any other game on the schedule?
It absolutely matters how we respond, your anger is getting in the way. I'm pissed, but the season is not lost yet.

And what if they roll out 3 straight wins and go 3-1?

I agree with Buffluke on this. We can't just win the next three games for me to get motivated again. We will need to take Umass and Nichols St to the woodshed and beat CSU by 14 or so for me to feel like this team fixed their problems from the Hawaii game and are headed upward.

Defense looks better than last year! That was my biggest concern. I had no inclination that our offense would struggle so much. (doesn't this seem to happen every year, areas we were concerned with play well and areas we thought were definitely good end up sucking?) IF the offense can find itself again and D continues their improvement, I can still see 5 to 6 wins. Big ifs.

My hope is severely damaged from this loss though.

I am not trying to say it was OK to lose to UH. Clearly there was lack of preparation on the offense and that is on the coaches. I am not saying this year won't be another in our long string of comedic tragedies. Just that you have to wait a few games to draw that conclusion. If we are drawing the same conclusions after CSU, then yes we need to do something. ...but I think they will come out and do much better next week.

Let's hope. Playing in front of 24,000 people can be pretty intimidating for such a young team.
im not saying the crowd had anything to do with it... first games are always a crap shoot... I'm hoping they can shake it off

Exactly, we've had this crap for too many years now. If they come out and destroy UMASS then I'll calm down, for one week anyway.
I'm so ******** mad and really hurt, idk that beating UMASS 62-13 would be enough for me and I know they won't. It didn't take long to see we were the same, make sense right same guys same team. This team gets to 3-1 and I will except the apology but this one really really hurt. Had to get this out thanks

We've lost 10 games in a row. Mac was the HC for all of them, Lindgren was the OC for all of them, Sefo was the QB for all of them. But remind me how many of those were moral victories and how many the refs cost us?

All true. All fair.

How I was looking at things was the way I'd seen things turning with Hoops as the 08-09 season went along. That team was terrible. But in the midst of going 1-15 in conference play I saw soph Higgins & Knutson plus frosh Tomlinson & Dufault showing they could compete once they grew up and got some pieces around them. They went about .500 the next season and were a good team after that.

I thought that I was seeing something similar with football and that 2014's awful record had an underlying upward momentum similar to what we had experienced with that 08-09 basketball team.

I should learn not to start threads...but just have to say - LETS CHILL A LITTLE!!!

Yeah the loss hurts. Yes we were unprepared and a little passionless.

...but this was our first game at Hawaii, on the big island (UH is always a tough out at home on their first game) at freakin 1AM in the rain. We barely lost by one possession.

We clearly beat ourselves. Obviously the offense is not in synch yet. Coaches got to fix some things. This year CU will still be better than last year, and next year we will be better than this year.
Wanting everyone to just chill brings about another 10 years of ****ty football.

One thing is abundantly clear: this team is not psychologically ready to handle people having expectations.

I won't be surprised if they play pretty well against UMass now that no one expects much of them.

One thing is abundantly clear: this team is not psychologically ready to handle people having expectations.

I won't be surprised if they play pretty well against UMass now that no one expects much of them.

Solid point. Interesting mindset this team seems to take from the head coach.

I am calm. I expect cu to lose. The " we are great in practice" reports are cute. Yes, there are 12 games left and maybe that will be the worst this offense will look all season.

Fans no longer trust or have confidence in this team. Year after year, we are bigger, faster and are tired of losing yet, its the same $hit show year after year. If they beat umass you'll hear how their "back" and yada yada...Win games, just start winning ....

Back