What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's all calm down

Yeah, I bounce around. But I've seen enough real grief lately to not worry about football fan grief much. It would be nice to be able to kind of escape the real world for a few hours each week though instead of watching the team I've loved for almost 40 years remain a laughing stock.

I understand. Perspective, mind over matter, or it's just denial but over the last ten years I have come to the point of listening to the great Bill Murray.

in the great scheme of things, it just doesn't matter.

Last edited:
He did send his daughter to rapey Baylor, brought his stone fingered son in for daddyball, and doesn't appear to have mastered the finer points of clock management.
stone fingered? wtf are you talking about he dropped one pass...

Hawaii was a turning point game, one of those games that a team wins to gain the confidence that they can win on the road, that they can beat teams they are supposed to beat. Had we done what we were supposed to we could have very well had the momentum to go 4-0 non-conference and with a couple conference wins end the season feeling good about ourselves, even without a bowl game.

Instead we come home knowing that we crapped the bed, that we figured out how to lose against a truly terrible team. Our players again spend the season waiting for things to happen that cost us wins again, thinking that losing is inevitable, just a matter of how, not if.

Somebody earlier mentioned that schools like TCU and some others looked bad in their openers, fine TCU sucked and still won, Arizona struggled but won, Michigan State struggled but won. Common link between good teams, they may not be great every game but they win the games they should win, bad teams find ways to lose games they should win.

I like M2, I think he is a good guy and a good coach. I also think he made a huge mistake in picking his staff and his changes have been to little to late. No coach should have kept Nienas after year one, he's still here now. Leavitt was a very good upgrade but Baer was here a full two years failing in both his role as a coordinator and even more in recruiting. We still have multiple assistants who are not pulling their weight recruiting. Talent is the lifeblood of a college program and when you are starting out behind the competition you can't afford guys who don't recruit to make you better.

From a coaching standpoint we continue to make the same mistakes that have cost us games the last two seasons. We turn the ball over, we don't develop a running game, we act like Powell is a scat back and Lindsay is a banger. I don't even want to go into special teams, and the excuse of lack of talent and experience doesn't fly when you are three years in.

I hope I am completely wrong, I'll gladly eat my crow with hot sauce and gravy but I see a good possibility that this is a 3 win team or worse this year.

If that happens get ready to see lots of Folsom field because there won't be many fans in it to block the view of the seats.

Eventually, and with the kind of money involved that means sooner than later wins have to start coming. If M2 can't produce them that somebody else is going to get that chance. M2 isn't RG's man, he isn't his hire, but he is his responsibility. If we end up 3-10 then RG is going to be looking for somebody else to do the job.

Here's the problem - the Buffs are losers. They looked to me like they expected to lose in Hawaii. Hawaii looked like they expected the Buffs to lose. Now, most of us expect them to lose.

It's hard to change from losers to winners. Not impossible, but really hard. The players have to do it themselves, in the face of a decade of losing and nobody believing in them. Doubt creeps in at every opportunity and it takes special individuals to overcome that doubt, but there's no Bill McCartney on that sideline, there's no Tyler Brayton to tape a line on the locker room floor. Somebody's going to have to step up when it makes a difference and breathe some life into these players.

A benefit of the inner city toughs we had back in the 90's was that they would rather die than give up or lose. The attitude to fight and succeed permeated their whole being. Now they expect to work hard and succeed. But there is an inner steel core of will, desire and fight that is needed. I think we see it in Phillip Lindsey. In what he says and in how he runs. If the more talented players on this team had the same attitude and fight that he has this would be a different team.

Half of all college teams playing this weekend have disappointed fans.

Yeah, but the ones in Lincoln, Pullman, and State College, PA are particularly unhappy. And if there were any actual fans in Palo Alto, they'd be pissed, too.

Don Bailey is a stud coordinator. With his scheme , Wittek and the kemp/Pedroza combo they will be a better MW team this year if their undersized online can be close to decent. They will get killed at Ostate because of that online, but who wouldn't get killed there.

I just don't understand the lack of effort and desire to win. We're not the most talented so we must work harder and play with more passion than our opponent. Seems extremely obvious. Very frustrating.

You will find a similar thread or posts as yours for every season the last 10 years. There is always "Let's calm down" guy. You're now him for 2015. Congratulations Mr. "Let's calm down" guy.
DBT hates competition.

Reactions: DBT
Why are thing just going to get better? They haven't in 10 years. Our recruiting has been at the very bottom of the PAC since MM got here and this year we are dead last. What in the world are you looking at that makes you think things are going to get better with this staff?

Oh, let me guess, our players are getting stronger and more mature. Right, and other teams don't work out and don't try to improve.
Well for one think of all the weight lifting in leu of bowl game practices.

I like M2, I think he is a good guy and a good coach.

HCMM is not a good coach. His record validates that. He had one decent season at SJSU. Listen to his post practice interview today and it is clear that he simply does not get it. He slammed the defense (which was the bright side of the game), when asked if he thought the defense under Leavitt was improved. praised the offense line (stunning), praised the Hawaii QB as making a difference (as if CU doesn't have better players this season) and blamed the loss on two mistakes defensively early! WTF? His game footage must have been extensively edited. Yes, Crawley was atrocious and should have been yanked, but only scoring 20 points on a weak defense, having a QB routinely miss open WR's (consistently throwing behind WR's), a jacked up punt formation which allows four rushers an unimpeded rush and horrible special teams overall cost CU the game. If you step back and look at that game, to include not having your team prepared, you cannot conclude that this guy is a good coach. A nice guy, maybe.

Last edited:
Wait, when was he the coach at Fresno? That's interesting.

Downplaying his success at SJSU makes no damn sense, troll. Who gives a damn what he tells the media? He doesn't have an obligation to them. He is furious and you could see it in the video.

-He did not slam the defense, he said they shouldn't have given up the long pass for a TD and said we needed to make more stops in the red zone but then said they did a good job in the red zone a few times and made some stops when they needed to
-He didn't like Crawley's strip/tackle
-He praised the JUCO DL and said they played well
-He said Hawaii is better than they were last year because of Wittek
-He said we shot ourselves in the foot multiple times in the 1st half
-No where did he blame the loss on defensive mistakes

Just an overall a terrible post from a ****ty troll.

HCMM is not a good coach. His record validates that. He had one decent season at Fresno State. Listen to his post practice interview today and it is clear that he simply does not get it. He slammed the defense (which was the bright side of the game), praised the offense line, praised the Hawaii QB as a reason CU got beat and blamed the loss on two mistakes defensively early! WTF? His game footage must have been extensively edited. Yes, Crawley was atrocious and should have been yanked, but only scoring 20 points on a weak defense, having a QB routinely miss open WR's (consistently throwing behind WR's), a jacked up punt formation which allows four rushers an unimpeded rush and horrible special teams overall cost CU the game. If you step back and look at that game, to include not having your team prepared, you cannot conclude that this guy is a good coach. A nice guy, maybe.

Do not agree with everything here, but there is are some good points.

Back