1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's assume we do blow out Sac State, so what?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by boydbuff, Sep 7, 2012.

1. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I have been down in the dumps all week about the absolutely crappy performance by the Buffs and our coaching staff. I just felt so let down. I want to believe but my Kool-Aid has run out.

Even if we do blow out Sac State, which any decent FBS team would do, does that really tell us anything about the potential for this team and our coaches?

If you haven't thrown in the towel yet (mine is about to fall off the rack), than what do ABers think about when we can suggest the season and maybe our staff are toast?

2. josef

josef Club Member Club Member

Suppose we dont blow them out... Then what? Yikes.

3. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I am not insane and hence I won´t assume this team is capable of blowing out anyone.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

All I know is that I'll feel a hell of a lot better if we're 1-1 than I do at 0-1 or would if (Jobu forbid) we started 0-2.

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It won't mean much. Fresno and Wazzu are basically the season now.

6. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

I must concur, and I am starting to lose some optimism about our chances in those contests.

7. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I think we all know it doesn't mean much. But obviously a 30 point win would be a hell of a lot better than a loss. At least with a win we can have some anticipation towards Fresno State next week and at least enjoy a few days of "what if" in regards to whether the Buffs can make a push towards showing improvement in the win column this year.

8. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

I, too, have champagne wishes and caviar dreams.

9. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

What if the Buffs pull an Iowa and win by just one point?

It would be a win, but what great fodder for the next week.

10. josef

josef Club Member Club Member

define "great"

11. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Club Member Club Member

1-1 > 0-2

12. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

The way I saw it going into the season was we needed to be 2-2 or, even better, 3-1 to have a chance at a bowl. A win over Fresno or Wazzu became a win over Fresno and Wazzu. If we start the season 1-3 or even 0-4, we're in dire straights. A win over USU is absolutely necessary and will do nothing more than get us into the win column.

A win is the only acceptable outcome here, basically. If we do it in convincing fashion I might be more inclined to not be a downer piece of **** on the boards for awhile, so there's that.

13. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Let's just say things will be active around here.

14. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Even if we do look very dominating (which we should against this team), it'll still be hard to get excited because that's what you're supposed to do again Sacramento State. But if we win but only win by something like 2 TD's, that would essentially be a loss in my mind.

15. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Any kind of win this weekend is expected. A difficult win or loss would be devastating. Especially for Embo. A big win would only hold off the posse for another week.

16. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

We've come to that point in the season where catching up with fellow buffs before the game is more important than the outcome.

No matter how bad the offense blows, it's still Folsom Field, at the base of the magestic flatirons, with beer and brats and buddies. That sure beats most days at the office.

17. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

fify

18. Jerry

Jerry Well-Known Member

Embree got schooled by the Goats Coach and that is pretty upsetting. However, I am still optimistic about going to a bowl game this year. I hope they take care of business from here on.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  19. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

:ban:

20. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Dude-what is your Kool-Aid spiked with? I entered this season thinking 50/50 or 60/40 we make it to a bowl. But after seeing our O-line play like crap when they were the only thing on O we were supposed to be able to hang our hat on; seeing no receiver or TE do anything remarkable and less than 60 yards rushing from our RBs...

I think our loss to the Rams and the way we played, AND were outcoached by a team we should have easily beaten, has reduced my probability to 10/90.

21. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

Style points? You guys are worried about winning with style? Let's just see if our offense looks like they can do the basics...line up correctly...block the guy in front of you....get into a rhythm with our play calling...catch passes that hit you in the chest...show some semblance of a running game...move the chains a few times.

Let's just win. I'd love a 70-3 butt whoopin, but after last week, we should just try to score more points than the other team. Walk before you run.

22. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Except there's no beer in the stadium.

23. WeRBuffaloed

WeRBuffaloed New Member

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
    And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go! What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my *** from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Sacramento State - DEAD!

24. WeRBuffaloed

WeRBuffaloed New Member

Yes our beauty is majestic...er, no...magestic!

25. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

This is another guaranteed win. Absolutely guaranteed blow-out. Sac State has always been one of the worst programs in football history, with the poorest facilities and lowest recruitability factors west of the Mississippi. We're such a great team in comparison, with every advantage, a huge weight and strength differential. We'll probably wear them down by the end of the 2nd possession - unless we're scoring on First Plays all the time. Which is equally possible. I think we'll have more "Scores on 1st Four Plays Of Possessions" than Sac State has points, all game long.

A guaranteed win.

26. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I saw no reason to believe our offense will be little more than garbage this year. If we blow them out I would feel a little better. I'm not holding breath. At this point I am just hoping for a win.