What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Let's be frank about Eric Bieniemy

I agree the whole Staff should be fired. But I think it is too much to call him a moron. The guy is the all time leading rusher in school history. He is a very good Running backs coach, coached guys like MJD and Adrian Peterson. He is not a moron, he is just over his head, lacks experience as an OC. Could be better suited as a Head coach with more experience down the line. I have the same thoughts about Greg Brown. Lousy DC, but great DB coach. Wanted him fired last year.
This kind of thinking is what got CU into their current situation. Embree was a great Buff and a good TE coach. ZERO qualifications to be a HC. EB was a great Buff and a good RB coach (but seriously, Peterson was great before EB - no credit goes to EB for that), and again, EB had zero qualifications to be an OC.

It's far past time to separate ourselves from thinking because somebody was a Buff that it means they deserve a job coaching or that they deserve any less heat for being totally incompetent at their job.

This kind of thinking is what got CU into their current situation. Embree was a great Buff and a great TE coach. ZERO qualifications to be a HC. EB was a great Buff and a good RB coach (but seriously, Peterson was great before EB - no credit goes to EB for that), and again, EB had zero qualifications to be an OC.

It's far past time to separate ourselves from thinking because somebody was a Buff that it means they deserve a job coaching or that they deserve any less heat for being totally incompetent at their job.

I see you didn't highlight the part where I said EB needs more experience before he can be a HC. BTW I agree Embree lack of experience should have disqualified him as a candidate.

i have not read one total post in this thread....but i against EB from day one. scooter was a great running back.....but the guy is not what we need "just because".

i remember asking this two years ago....where does this playbook come from and who's done it?

Not a good OC, might be more suited to be a head coach........................ is this real life?

The-2-bobs1.jpg

Idk man I think moron is too good for Bienemy. Well we finally had a screen play work for once. We should try to use 4 qbs next week, never seen that before outside of the first 3 getting injured. ****ing hopeless.

I love the reasoning some idots use for Embree and EB, he coached Gonzo, he coached AD. Yeah because those two sure needed coaching..

He coached Chris Brown, Hugh Charles, Daniel Graham ..............................

and Jones-Drew. And Peterson. Yes, we've all heard that before.

Isn't it possible that those guys just might have been pretty good on their own, and not because of Bieniemy?? (IIRC, Peterson was pretty decent before he got to Minnesota...)

Completely Incorrect .....

He is a moron.

We love him for the leadership, talent and toughness he showed while he was here. He's also a charismatic guy who commands a room.

But he is a moron.

He's always been a moron. I won't go into his off-field incidents and some of the stories from when he was here, but suffice to say that nothing about Bieniemy ever suggested that he deserved the "cerebral" label.

I still like Bieniemy. He just should never have been considered by anyone to be an Offensive Coordinator. It's sad to see him scrambling to figure out a play to call. It's sad to see delays of game on consecutive plays. It's sad to see the predictability of the offense. It's sad to see someone call a QB sneak on 1st and 10 because he thinks that it's 3rd and 1.

Bieniemy is a moron.

Please do him a favor and save him from further embarrassing himself. Let him find a job as a RB coach somewhere to save some face, thank him for his service to CU, and hire an OC who has a clue what he's doing.

(I posted this on Rivals and it bears repeating. Eric Bieniemy is a moron.)

Eric Bieniemy did not hire Eric Bieniemy as the offensive coordinator. The real moron is the one that hired an unqualified Eric Bieniemy as offensive coordinator. Of course, Bieniemy was not going to turn down the biggest promotion of his career, would you?? Have you ever turned down a promotion when offered?

By the way, the moron is the same guy that hired the unqualified Embree as head coach.

If there is a moron it is spelled B-O-H-N-H-E-A-D.

No EB is still a ****ing clueless moron
I think it would great if you went to the next game and you got in Bieniemy's face and yelled at him that he is a freakin' moron. That would really be great.

And then when the doctor extracted your head from your own ass, you can be comforted in the fact that you told Bieniemy whatsup.

I see you didn't highlight the part where I said EB needs more experience before he can be a HC. BTW I agree Embree lack of experience should have disqualified him as a candidate.

Holy ****, why would we be taking about EB as a HC right now?!? He's not qualified to be anything more than a RB coach, so it goes without saying that he would need more "experience" to be a HC. What down is it anyway?

I agree the whole Staff should be fired. But I think it is too much to call him a moron. The guy is the all time leading rusher in school history. He is a very good Running backs coach, coached guys like MJD and Adrian Peterson. He is not a moron, he is just over his head, lacks experience as an OC. Could be better suited as a Head coach with more experience down the line. I have the same thoughts about Greg Brown. Lousy DC, but great DB coach. Wanted him fired last year.

****ing moron!

I think it would great if you went to the next game and you got in Bieniemy's face and yelled at him that he is a freakin' moron. That would really be great.

And then when the doctor extracted your head from your own ass, you can be comforted in the fact that you told Bieniemy whatsup.
The fact that EB can kick his ass has no bearing on EB being a moron.

i did it today... and my head was not put up my own ass... i distracted him by throwing some popcorn toward his fat ass...

If EB can't handle being told he's a ****** coach then he has no business being a coach.

We found someone still willing to get on their knees and suck this staff off.

Back