1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's go back four years.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Oct 14, 2009.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

CU had just lost to Iowa State, on the road, after having an actual cyclone go through town. They come back to Boulder looking to right the ship against the fuskers, who are dead from the neck up. They are so bad that they are having a tough time beating mediocre teams at home. The game is a sure fire bet for CU, but we step on our dicks and lose 30-3 in a game not as close as the score might indicate. Things get ugly. REALLY ugly. People start throwing stuff on the field. The student section has to be cleared out. The natives are pissed. REALLY pissed.

Fast forward to this Saturday. The natives are PISSED. If CU doesn't beat the gayhawks this Saturday, I fear that it will get VERY ugly in that stadium.

This is definitely a job game for juicebox. Lose this, and all hope is lost. He'd be the only coach in the history of the program to never beat Kansas. WTF? Never beat Kansas? Are you freaking kidding me? :wow:

2. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

The natives will be more interested in leaving at halftime and getting drunk or stoned. No worries about a repeat of the NU game from 4 years ago.

3. sackman

The students, perhaps. The rest of us, not so much. This isn't even thin ice anymore. It's water, and Hawk is trying his damndest to keep treading. I'm not saying we'll be throwing stuff on the field, but believe me, there will be no mistaking our opinion of the product on the field and who we blame for it.

4. Idot Buff

I am with you...but, I thought the students were the bad apples at the NU game. I hope the mature adults are not going to throw stuff on the field. Just withhold your six figure contribution. That will send Bohn the message.

5. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

There will not be a repeat of that scene. Emotions ran high especially given the fact that the team layed down and the red-horde seemed to take over the stadium. KU is a non-factor when it comes to the emotions of the students and fans.

6. sackman

The students were just venting at that game. We had some calls go against us, and it appeared that the wheels were really coming off and they kind of lost it. Not an excuse, but that's what went down. There won't be a repeat of that, but I do expect things to get pretty bad for Hawk if they don't win this game.

7. Idot Buff

I agree with you. I predicted that things would get bad for Hawk after UT...he bought another week. If things go bad this week, the heat is definitely on....

8. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

meh:cool:

9. Dunken

Dunken Member

Imagine how bad things will get if/when he brings Cody in in this game

10. sackman

The UT game was on the road. That's the safest place for Hawk to be these days. Nobody will get all up in his face after a road loss. But at Folsom, to the gayhawks? That is unacceptable. If they lose, there will be people in the NE side of the field that will be directing some very colorful language his way as he walks off the field.

11. Dunken

Dunken Member

:wave2:

12. Idot Buff

If CU had lost 70-3 to UT, the d-bag would be history. He is now hanging by a thread. His hopes are solely on the shoulders of Hansen. Of course, he screwed that as well, by telling the media that Cody may play this week. Comedy.

13. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I hope for Cody's sake that he doesn't set foot on the field on Saturday. Because if he does, a lot of people are going to boo. They will be booing the decision to put Cody in, not booing Cody himself. But that will be a hard distinction to make for a guy who is all of 21 years old.

14. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

We've gone 14-32 since that trip to Ames!

Sickening. Inexcusable. :sad1:

15. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I'm sure with this great coaching staff, we'll have no reasons to see anything close to a repeat of 2005. Coach Hawkins has made it clear to the fans what to expect. He's taking us to the next level, and I've stopped assuming he meant upwards.

buffs04 likes this.
  16. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

that's sobering. incredible.

as for that NU game, Barney threw gas on the fire talking up how we'd run the Bugeaters off the field at the luncheon and got in the media. and they piss down their leg against a bad Callahan team. turns out that fluke-ish fumble for a score at ISU was the tipping point, seems.

though, the student section deal is inexcusable.

17. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that Hawkins has never beat Nebraska either...Im really suprised you've kept him around.

18. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Yes he has

19. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Kamel's a little slow. It's cool.

20. Kameltosis

Oh yeah I forgot about the 100 point game..my badz

21. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Probably best to forget about that one for you.

22. Kameltosis

Yeh, that sucked :(

23. sackman

Yes he has. I was at the game.