1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk parking...

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by leftybuff, Feb 21, 2011.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

so where is the bext parking? Do you have to have a pass for the parking structure by the E-school?

2. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

It depends. Are you talking about for athletic events or every day on campus? As for the latter, the best parking is as far away from the Nazis at PTS as you can possibly get. I ride the bus to work every day but I do have to drive occasionally late at night or on some weekends. If there were any way I could never drive to campus ever, I would use it. It borders on felonious how any and all places to park for free have vanished in the past few years, meter prices have increased 50%, AND they're now installing 24 hour parking meters. For someone like me who occasionally comes into the lab to work late, this makes it harder to do my job.

To my buddies at PTS: :finger:

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:lol: well I will pass that on. You ever appealed a ticket?

4. leftybuff

Sorry I wasn't more specific. My question is where to park on Saturday Feb. 26 at or about 2 p.m. to see the BBall game.

5. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

The Dark Horse and then walk less then 10 minutes... Oh, wait, shhhh, don't tell anyone that.

6. GoldenBuff

Once or twice. I think I'm out of those though. The thing that really bugs me is that as a researcher who needs to work late or on weekends sometimes (above and beyond 40 hours), I have to pay to do my job.

The E center parking garage is your closest bet. Try to get there early though. If you do park there, you'll probably get stuck waiting for a long time to leave though. If it were me, I'd park at 29th Street Mall and take the HOP. When you consider the time/convenience for both options, it probably works out about the same.

7. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

I normally park in the parking structure next to the stadium, Its normally pretty easy to get in and out, and its not a bad walk. It is very easy to get out, and will put you easily on 36 or foothills. When they finish the practice facility it will be easy to walk into the stadium as well, but now you have to walk around the ramp.

If it is really cold/nasty outside, I will go and park up next to the planetarium, but you have to get there early for those spaces, they are right next to the stadium. You will wait a little to get out, and they spit you on Broadway, but it beats having to walk in the cold (I did this a few weeks ago when it was crazy cold out)

I would stay away from the 29th st. mall and the HOP, that takes forever, did that once, wont do that ever again, unless you are runing late, you may have a hard time finding a spot on campus for sold out games (Texas is sold out).

Dark Horse is also a good option, but it has the longest walk, but then again a few beers in, it doesnt matter. Weekday games I also like Beaujo's and their $0.75 beers.

8. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

during stout month at soutern sun/mountain sun? that is crazy talk.

9. Darth Snow

park at the sosun, take the skip for 2.25, skip all the traffic, go wasted, full, and happy.

1. You have unlimited appeals. some people appeal much more than 2 in their lifetime.
    2. Take a bike/bus.
    3. get a permit?
    4. Stop being a communist and hating capitalism. Supply and Demand are inescapable.

10. leftybuff

The irony of number 4 engulfs me.....

11. Darth Snow

:smile2: I like to entertain.

12. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I swear all the money PTS makes writing people tickets goes towards buying new priuses and paying employees to drive around and write people tickets.

13. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Across the street from the C4C is also good to.

Oh and **** those parking Nazis, I got 3 tickets, appealed them all and told them I was too drunk to drive home but they didn't care. ****ers.

14. GoldenBuff

I do take the bus every day. My problem is that when I have to come in late at night to do an experiment, I have to pay for the right to come to work. I think that there should be some sort of accommodation made for those who have to come to campus during off peak hours to do their job. I understand PTS being draconian to students and other random people but I work for CU. Shouldn't the university help me help them? What other employer would make you pay to park at your own place of work, especially at times when space is not at a premium? I just don't understand why they are so eager to penalize hard working employees.

Also, the only permits available for my department are in the Engineering Center garage. That far away, I'm better off parking on the hill or at 29th street and taking to HOP.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  15. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

I usually park over on Bixby off of 30th and walk thru the Spanish Towers parking lot and thru the tunnel. Takes about 5 minutes to get to the CEC and it is free. Also very quick out of town after the game.

16. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

for Sat afternoon.....about your best is going to be 20th street across Broadway from Regents...between B-way and Baseline. it's full up with cars in the week, but weekend is empty. right there by the mid-high. i used to live right there....it's a money spot. good for football too. cross under B-way through the tunnel by the old Law building, cut through Kittridge and you are there. after, you have a straight shot down Baseline to 36.

17. GoBuffs!!

GoBuffs!! Active Member

Lets also not forget, all the parking on campus during the games is free.

18. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

At least in my experience it seems like its standard practice for universities to charge their employees for parking on campus...I worked for a well-known private university for 2 years and had to pay about $450 a year to park on campus, and at my public grad school that I'm attending, Im pretty sure the employees have to pay too, but I think the rates are much cheaper...$150-200 a year...

19. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

$50 a month at CU and I'm on the east campus.

20. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

**** it's $400 to park next to Hallet for a semester.

21. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

The fact that they drive around the hours they do drives me bat**** insane. Why do we need them out at 1am on a Saturday or 8 am on a Sunday. Give them money to a department that doesn't piss everyone off.

22. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Before we starting tailgating I had a secret spot right near the stadium, of course i wont tell you where.