What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lets Talk Rivals

I just graduated in may too but i grew up in Colorado so it is different.

I grew up hating Nebraska and they will probably be a rival to me for the rest of my life for that.

I do not consider CSU a real rival but they do piss me off more than anything because their fans think they are an on campus stadium away from being Alabama. Still not a true rival though.

Arizona is a yes for bball because we are both good but there is no true hatred there.

The wierd thing for me is that i grew up rooting for the PAC because we were in the BIG 12 and i hated every other team in the 12, so now it is weird playing teams i used to root for.

Oregon represents all that is wrong with college football and they have bangwagon fans that constantly tallk out of theri *****. We may not be their rival but i see them as ours.

And ASU is the worst because they arent even a college, they dont even know what school is and they came up to CO and took ballage, jones and the top recruit next year.

Who you calling hippies? Hippy!

Fair enough. Glad to have other hippies these days. You complete us.

As do I. Would you like to argue which one of us has the more inarguable position?

Spin Doctor! I like your avatar. You're getting meaner btw...

Shouldnt you be hibernating? Dick...

It's 70 in So Cal. I'd love to sleep but I'm waiting for the air conditioning to kick in. Also, I've been meaning to rep you for your avatar too. I'll see what I got left tonight.

Say...where's C'Ville, Buffnik and Goose? Bunch of unknowns and newbies starting threads these days...

Last edited:
Forget the arms race that is college athletic facilities.... In the arms race to hippiness (which Cal has dominated, prior to CU's arrival), Colorado is a legalized bong hit in front of the rest of the PAC. Take that, you hippy-wanna-be Cal rivals

Say...where's C'Ville, Buffnik and Goose? Bunch of unknowns and newbies starting threads these days...

Avoiding threads about rivals. We don't have one. I actually like every school in the Pac except for ASU (**** you Bachynski) and UCLA ("Do you know how John Wooden would do this?"). But they're just annoying. Not hated.

I wouldn't exactly call them a rival, but for me Oregon games seem to get me more hyped than most, because of our history with them when I attended CU.

First there was the 2002 Fiesta Bowl.
Actually the history goes back farther. Oregon is still pissed about Neweasel's fake punt in the 1996 Cotton Bowl. Throw in the 1998 Aloha Bowl, and the fact that we played them a bunch throughout the years (more frequently than anyone else in the conference), and the seeds are there.

F*** Nebraska. Still hate their bug eating guts and will never ever enjoy seeing them win.

CSU annoys me because I married a Ram and her friends only care about CSU twice a year (when they play the Buffs in FB and BB).

Arizona intrigues me for BBall, football - not so much.

I hate U$C.

I could learn to hate Utah (they wear red).

ASU is a bunch of thugs.

Oregon is Nike and that pisses me off that they have so much at their disposal. F***ers.

Wazzu, UW, OSU, Cal, Stanford, UCLA get nothing more than a meh from me.

F*** Nebraska. Still hate their bug eating guts and will never ever enjoy seeing them win.

CSU annoys me because I married a Ram and her friends only care about CSU twice a year (when they play the Buffs in FB and BB).

I hate U$C.

ASU is a bunch of thugs.

Oregon is Nike and that pisses me off that they have so much at their disposal. F***ers.

Exact same way I feel, except I didn't marry a CSU grad.

It's interesting reading this - I'm going to propose a different angle...

To be a true rivalry does each side need to hate or think of each other as a rival?

By year five (5) in the PAC, you hippies may have a rival. To think or consider otherwise is just stupid. Do you have any idea how much history this conference has? I'll answer that...no you don't. You can read about it but you weren't here. Don't kid yourselves. Nobody in the PAC thinks you're their rivals. Conjecture and conversation is great but all-assuming threads like this are idiotic.

Give it a little time. You have a class act as a coach and a good team. I (and others in the west) applaud your accomplishments and enjoy visiting your fine campus. Home games at CU are a bitch. That's becoming more evident every year. Utah is becoming a pain in the ass too. You have a good thing going and your fans are fantastic. We're glad to have you in the PAC.

Asking to identify "a rival" right now? Everybody kicks every team's ass at home within the PAC. Do something extraordinary. Be great. Be consistent. Be a contender every year. Be humble. Be realistic. Be a champion on the national scene. Do this and you'll get a rival in this, the conference of champions.

Good luck and Godspeed during your journey.

And the gloves are off lol

To me Zona is our budding rivalry, and it may spill over to the gridiron soon enough with as close as the games have been. I am hoping that we go to the desert at #6 or #7 assuming we go in to Tucson 6-0 in conference play. I don't hate them, so I guess the rivalry is missing that aspect. I respect them and their history and their coach. I just love beating them. I love the games against them. They have thus far been full of drama and have had implications on post season situations.

I hate U$C.

ASU is a bunch of thugs.

I didn't know CSU women were for marryin'

We don't have a rivalry yet. They'll come with time. No need to rush it.

We don't have a rivalry yet. They'll come with time. No need to rush it.

Every time this subject comes up, this is the answer.

I'll tell you what, though - I do get pumped for basketball games against Arizona and Oregon. I don't know if they get as pumped up for it as I do. In Eugene, they are probably just getting around to the idea that they have a basketball team at all, so I doubt anybody there gives much thought to the significance of playing CU. In Tucson, we're just another in a long line of schools that have come along to challenge their place at the top of the league. Until we show we have some staying power, they'll look at us the same way we all looked at KSU in football in the 1990's.

Spin Doctor! I like your avatar. You're getting meaner btw...

It's 70 in So Cal. I'd love to sleep but I'm waiting for the air conditioning to kick in. Also, I've been meaning to rep you for your avatar too. I'll see what I got left tonight.

Been in Brazil (the country, not Barzil) for almost a month now. Internet a little spotty.

Been in Brazil (the country, not Barzil) for almost a month now. Internet a little spotty.
And even with your clarification, my first read through was Barzil and thought to myself "Why does his internet not work for just the Barzil?"

Selective comprehension for the loss.

I think this sums up how most people in Arizona would rank their rivals:

Arizona’s best rivalries in the Pac-12 to evolve since the hire of Lute Olson in 1983:
1. UCLA (by far, the Pac-12′s version of Duke-North Carolina)
2. Washington (most competitive against Arizona in last decade other than UCLA)
3. Stanford (people still think of Todd Lichti with disdain but the rivalry has cooled quite a bit since Mike Montgomery left)
4. California (five overtime games, including a triple-OT and two double-OT games in the series)
5. ASU (only because its Arizona’s arch-rival).

Oregon and Colorado are on the brink of cracking into that top five because of how competitive each team is under Dana Altman and Tad Boyle, respectively.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildabouta...ildcats-to-play-ucla-twice-in-regular-season/

Back