What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Letter to Rick George

Other than bitching, what was the point of this letter? What is your ask? Your call to action? The thing needs a punch line other than you're pissed off we sucked this bad for this long. I'm pissed too, but let's direct the anger:

1. Facilities announcement. Now
2. Distef fired.
3. Commit to recruit, get guys on the staff that know how to get it done.
4. Comprehensive academic support plan. Get guys in.

Like the liberals on campus who dream of a welfare utopia and a blank check the CU AD has had just that for over a decade (stadium expansion, three coaching buyouts, new score boards, and a conference change). Those chickens have now come home to roost and the bill is finally due. So, to your conservative balanced budget bent, I hope they are at least paying down the tab in this period of unfacilities...

I guess no commits ever choose USC or UCLA then...

Or the worst of them all, Stanford. We're devastated at our flirting with 40k coming off a 1 win season, they're psyched to hit 40k in an 11 win season.

I guess that's one advantage we have in the Pac. No one is going to rag our fan support. It would be far, far worse in attendance at nearly every conference foe of ours if they were suffering in the win department like we are.

Screenshot2013-09-14at12.21.30PM_crop_north.png

USC this year before the bottom fell out (September). Herbstreit posted a pic yesterday during their game against Utah that was even worse than this

screen_shot_2012-11-30_at_8.12.11_pm.0_standard_709.0.png

Stanford during the PAC-12 Championship Game
A4i5o-MCQAAGKS9.jpeg

Stanford homecoming minutes before kickoff

Last edited:
Honestly Rick george can only do one thing right now to improve the situation, and that is announce facilities upgrades. Folsom is a beautiful stadium and one of the most unique settings in the nation, but it has not been kept up. Between the cracked concrete and rusting rebar, to the unpainted and rusting signs, to the broken and unstable bleachers, folsom has become a mess. The screens are great, but the sound system sucks. The field house needs demo'd. Dal Ward needs updating and expanding.

I honestly don't know how they can expect to excite recruits when our football facilities are the way they are. We are dead last in the conference in terms of facilities and I don't know why. We have the resources from our TV deal to at least fix up the stadium. We have all witnessed the immediate, over night recruiting impact the basketball facility had on our basketball programs. The CEC is old, and not very attractive at least outside, but they have made an effort to give it a face lift on the inside. New tech, new paint, new floor. It all leads to a building having the old character with the new fixings. Folsom doesn't have that yet. Honestly if CU got some renderings done, and put up a donor page similar to the schools below, I think we would find the money. Give us something to look at, the pretty pictures of where our money would go and I think donations would come. There is a sizable core fan base at CU that is not being engaged.

http://kylefield.com/
http://www.baylor-stadium.com/
http://uclafootballfacility.com/?DB_OEM_ID=30500
http://thecougarfootballproject.org/
http://www.huskystadium.com/renovation-information

The list goes on. Hell if they had the architectural drawings, I would gladly take them and design the fly overs and create the webpage myself.

It really should not be so difficult to see what the vision of the AD is, and it should not be so difficult to contribute to the project directly.

The understatement of the year...."there is a sizable core fan base that is not being engaged." A lot of you are blaming Benson and destuffadoosh for our death spiral. And I don't disagree.

But the AD has massively ****ed up by not effectively engaging the "sizable core fan base" throughout the country. Just as Barnett said when he left, CU's football program is a gold mine. I hope RG is developing his plan to tap into the potential. Time is wasting.

(****ing) Baylor was a joke for almost 20 years, they are now ranked #5.

ANY program in a BCS conference can be turned around IF the right forces come together...... leadership, vision,
an investment in the program, and time.

adapted to emphasize a point

My 2 cents:

1. If you thought we were going to see a magic fix by MM this year coming off of the worst team in school history and a decade of ineptitude, then you are a moron. The dude needs time.

2. Rick George needs to put a vision in place publicly so that we know that there is a direction for the athletic department and not just a black hole.

The understatement of the year...."there is a sizable core fan base that is not being engaged." A lot of you are blaming Benson and destuffadoosh for our death spiral. And I don't disagree.

But the AD has massively ****ed up by not effectively engaging the "sizable core fan base" throughout the country. Just as Barnett said when he left, CU's football program is a gold mine. I hope RG is developing his plan to tap into the potential. Time is wasting.
Can't remember who it is, but someone pointed out earlier this year that apparently for years the folks at the alumni office and/or CU foundation have refused to share their contact lists with the AD. As a consequence, the only part of the potential "fan base" that the AD can communicate directly with are current/past season ticket holders; to communicate with the others the AD has to go through the gate keepers. AD: "We want to do an alumni tailgate at our away game in Boston next year, can you send me list of alumni who live in the area?" Alumni Association: "That's a great idea, how about you set it up and draft the email announcing it, and we'll email it to our contacts? (and make sure that we, and not you, hit them up for donations at or around the same time period)"

Those are the little details that make you realize that the problem really does lie with the president and chancellor, and not necessarily the AD...

(****ing) Baylor was a joke for almost 20 years, they are now ranked #5.

ANY program in a BCS conference can be turned around IF the right forces come together...... leadership, vision, an investment in the program, and time.

It would be cheaper for CU to buy that gently used tarp from Floyd Casey Stadium and cover those empty seats in Folsom. With Baylor's new stadium coming online, they might be willing to cut DiStefano a good deal.

pe6a6eve.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Can't remember who it is, but someone pointed out earlier this year that apparently for years the folks at the alumni office and/or CU foundation have refused to share their contact lists with the AD. As a consequence, the only part of the potential "fan base" that the AD can communicate directly with are current/past season ticket holders; to communicate with the others the AD has to go through the gate keepers. AD: "We want to do an alumni tailgate at our away game in Boston next year, can you send me list of alumni who live in the area?" Alumni Association: "That's a great idea, how about you set it up and draft the email announcing it, and we'll email it to our contacts? (and make sure that we, and not you, hit them up for donations at or around the same time period)"

Those are the little details that make you realize that the problem really does lie with the president and chancellor, and not necessarily the AD...

You have the facts sort of right but not quite.

It was the school/Alumni assoc on one side, and the AD/foundation on the other.

Back